Did u see any PB Tang around?

chanbi

My AT I bought from Reborn last Thur has passed away.

I shouldn't have bought it in the first place as it already looked quite listless at the LFS.. but the owner said no problem..

He spent fours days in my refugium, refusing to swim and eat, inspite of being surrounded by algae and being alone in this stress-free environment I can best provide.

A PBT that I bought from the same day also kaputted on the same day from Ich/marine velvet.

So much for being 'Net-caught' from Sri Lanka... can we trust reborn's word? Sigh?

AT

Sorry to hear that your AT and PBT died. :(

It is always difficuilt to tell the condition of the fish if it has been poisoned.

From experience, PBT need to be in excellent condition if they are to survive in the aquarium. Good colour, swimming around and not stressed out.

• SRC Member

Seriously, I doubt any of the fishes found in our local LFS are net-caught. If claimed to be cyanide free, they are probably poisoned by something else...I would boil it down to sheer luck for suvival rate after all has been done to make sure the fishes get the best stree-free environment to stay in.

Luck....and a deep pocket

Guys...IMO....reborn is one scary place to buy fishes...

I hardly buy anything from there now.....as survival rate of Live stock there is really low for me. :(

Sorrie to say this...his tanks conditions r one of the worst....ard. Sometimes his holding tanks r so dirty n chalky. :huh:

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

AT Sorry to hear that your AT and PBT died.

anyway are you the first 1 or 2nd 1 to buy the AT because i am the third 1 to buy , and my is still swimming right now and i am soooo happy [finger x].

about reborn ,i had a yellow tank for more than 1 year until i mess around with my old tank and it die ,for this is not reborn fault.

but again i bought AT and flame from reborn and 4 days later the flame die .

• SRC Member

My condolences to AT as well. Know exactly how it feels.... :(

Sealife will having Hawaiian fishes this week. Will be there on Friday as I need to clear all my leave by Dec, will let you guys know what is in.

BTW, saw 4-5 PBT at our "favourite" LFS (RAINBOW!!!!) last Sat. But they're quite big - 4 " +-.

AT, sorry to hear that. I thought it just me (my luck) that i keep having "survival" problem with REborn. But that is also true for

quite a lot of the LFS. Maybe we should start a thread to vote and

show some "survival" fact/statistics?

Also the fact that we are looking at AT and PBT is a real challenge.

This is going to be my third and last try to keep the PBT.

Rob, u are real lucky (u got the last one and yet ....) and hopefully u

can keep him well and we can come over to admire him? btw, did u

do any FW dip etc...

AT, i think Norvin is referring to the flame hawk. $80 for a flame hawk is still pretty ex. I got mine about 9mths back at $60. And my understanding on flame hawk is that they are pretty hardy and may not need to pay the premium just to get it from coralfarm?

Yup...I agree wif Chanbi...dun really need to pay a premium for flame hawks...they r very hardy....

Though the first one i bought died for no apparent reason...n coincidentally..it was bought from reborn.

:ph34r:

I usually get mine for $45-$50

Loonz...u may wanna try Hong Leong...Pat brings them in quite often.

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

chanbi,

what i did was put the plastic bag in the tank and let the temperture level with my tank for 2 hours and then open the bag and throw away the water [fish is without water at this time] and put the fish in.

anyway is still early to say anything.

i love Achilles Tang