Moorish Idol Not eating

zorden

i got it from Coral Farm.

The ones at CF were feeding when I visited. ;)

MI needs an establish mixed reef to survive. This is because MI's natural diets are sponges and tunicates.

Although shops can train them to feed on pellets or mysis, there are still missing in certain nutirents that MI needs in a long run.

In a matured mixed reef, there bounds to have some forms of sponges and tunicates outcrops that will satisfy the minimal nutrents requirements. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

I have never come across MI from coral farm that eats. Usually will be reserved.

But it is one of the most difficult fish to keep.

Besides food, they need swimming space.

Even you feed them and they eat 3 to 4 times a day, they will be not as fat as you see from the ocean. There is still bound to have that bone line across.

Try your luck with nori or if not henry's food first. it will be difficult though. ;)

• SRC Member

the diet u give him. wat did u feed??? can share??

was feeding with only brine shrimp.

was introduced marine veggie (to be dipped into garlic guard by Seachem) lately for my new pair. Lets see how it goes. Any comments on this diet?

• SRC Member

was feeding with only brine shrimp.

was introduced marine veggie (to be dipped into garlic guard by Seachem) lately for my new pair. Lets see how it goes. Any comments on this diet?

brine shrimp are like tibits, they wun let ur fish drop and it is way too lousy food.

i feed mine with veg flake, mysis shrimp, henry food and pellets is the best to feed as it have all the nutirtion food inside...

train them on pellets just like my friend and i. if u see his idol, u will not mind paying $50 for a 6 inch idol

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

brine shrimp are like tibits, they wun let ur fish drop and it is way too lousy food.

i feed mine with veg flake, mysis shrimp, henry food and pellets is the best to feed as it have all the nutirtion food inside...

train them on pellets just like my friend and i. if u see his idol, u will not mind paying $50 for a 6 inch idol

henry food?

I had mix results in trying to entice MI to eat.

There is actually a product by SeaChem called "Entice" that adds artificial flavour to the food we feed them.

So I mix a plate of frozen food that consist of market prawn, squid, a few pieces of scallops and a few cubes of brine shrimp. Added a few capful of the entice solution and feed my fishes.

MI started eating after two feeds.

But then again, I dun think the solution is a must. The rest of the reefers also had success without using any artificial flavouring. :)

my 2 cents...

• SRC Member

My problem was : They ate but still died :unsure:

Now i change the diet to marine veggies the pair has started to eat since day 3,

2 weeks already since I had them.

Why MI just cannot live long? They are so beautiful. :(

My problem was : They ate but still died  :unsure:

Now i change the diet to marine veggies the pair has started to eat since day 3,

Why MI just cannot live long? They are so beautiful.  :(

Why do you think that veggie is the answer to keeping MI?

MI are mostly feeds on Tunicates and Sponges and not Algae, feeding them Veggie is also not adviseable.

;):D:lol::peace:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
My problem was : They ate but still died :unsure:

Why MI just cannot live long? They are so beautiful. :(

if u have asked henry u will know his live very long..

my friend idol is also 1 yr old liao.

u can find more, i do believe u need to add more different food.

vegg is not enuff, like what bro Gouldian, get those angel formula with sponge, it is good

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member
vegg is not enuff, like what bro Gouldian, get those angel formula with sponge, it is good

where can we get this Angel forumula with sponge..btw..i added a blue sponge in my tank...on Friday

Its been 2 weeks since i buy that MI but so far..still alive other than i find it SKinny as compared to Marine Life MI

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

where can we get this Angel forumula with sponge..btw..i added a blue sponge in my tank...on Friday

Its been 2 weeks since i buy that MI but so far..still alive other than i find it SKinny as compared to Marine Life MI

last time reborn have, now not enuff stock liao.

if ur idol start on pellets it will be very very fat just like my friend one.

my also start on pellets liao

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

Angel formula is pellets?

So anyone know if Petmart sell them???? My MI very skinny..and btw i got lots of hungry fishes in the tank..they might snatch the Pellets

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
Angel formula is pellets?

So anyone know if Petmart sell them???? My MI very skinny..and btw i got lots of hungry fishes in the tank..they might snatch the Pellets

i got a ehem auto feeder tat drop pellets 4 times a day and i feed another 2 time a day. so a 6 times feeding make my 1 ft sohal wanna vomit and my idol is able to snatch every food from them

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

i got a ehem auto feeder tat drop pellets 4 times a day and i feed another 2 time a day. so a 6 times feeding make my 1 ft sohal wanna vomit and my idol is able to snatch every food from them

hehe .. ur sohal sure veri greedy :P