My see through 5.5 x 2 x 2.5

shootsimon

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Office start to get busy liao. No time lah. You guys still want some more ah? Teach you guys how to get more. Down load the pics and print them out. Stare hard at it without blinking and as every min pass you will be able to see different kinds of tang liao :lol::D

• SRC Member

How about me!!! maybe pokadot tang LIMITED EDITION!

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Ha ha almost cannot find my thread :lol:

Well a little update of my equipments

1) Main return: 1 x eheim 1262

2) Chiller: Teco TR20 run by 1 x eheim 1262

3) Skimmer: Schuran Jetskim 200 (running out sump)

4) Hailea Ozone Generators hook up with ORP/PH monitor

5) Wave maker: 2 x Seio 1100 + 1 x Seio 820

6) Lights: Black Galaxy 6ft 3x 150 MH supplyment by 2 x aquantic T5

7) Resun FR 1000L x 2 (Chemi Pure and Zoelite)

8) Marco CR

9) Kalk Reactor

10) DIY 3 stage DI

Filter system: Sand of Grade 0 & 1 total 6" with LRs 80- 100kg (main tank), Cheato algea(in over-flow compartment) and wool/bioballs/LRs(old school style in sump)

• SRC Member

Hi, I have not purchase the TR20 yet, taking your set up as reference, could you update its performance ?

i.e. Some said TR20 it is good enough for 6ft tank while some dont agreed. Your real life experience will be most convincing.

Thanks in advance.

• SRC Member
Hi Simon, want to learn how you keep chaeto in over flow compartment. Can show some pics? Thanks

Hi Patrick I'll try to take some picts tonight. Its really simple but your overflow compartment cannot have durso pipe. I'm using valve control method for the noise problem. If your overflow uses 2 pipes (excluding return pipings) than its advisable. :P

• SRC Member
Patrick Posted on Apr 8 2006, 08:41 PM

Hi Simon, want to learn how you keep chaeto in over flow compartment. Can show some pics? Thanks

Hi Patrick here's a pic that shows the cheato in my overflow compartment but don't think it can explain much by itself. Like what I've mentioned earlier it can only be done if you have 2 overflow pipes. :P

The pipe taht is sticking out of the water level is for prevention from flooding. The main pipe is at the bottom of the compartment. The flow rate is controlled by a valve before the outlet of the pipe. Hope my explaination is clear :lol:

post-34-1144732739.jpg

• SRC Member

The right side of the compartment now can house my ozonizer, CR with Co2 cylinder, Skimmer, Chiller and a Kalk Reactor without a resevoir for top up. Still in the process of cracking my mind on how do put one in. ;)

post-34-1144733027.jpg

• SRC Member

Here's the left side of the cabinet. Sump area still the same but Skimmer now removed to outsump. Feel that its better that way as I noticed a big difference in performance. Think its because the pump input area will always be clean and thus won't choke.

Now sump looks quite bare. Might plan to put the Top-Up reservoir in the sump.

post-34-1144733738.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Pretty tidy and neat! :lol:

Only when taking pict :lol:

Anyway here's another update. Have included another chamber of Magnesium after the CR output. But due to this addition it caused a leakage from my CR and thus my damage my laminated flooring :cry2: So for those who is planning to set up a aquarium at home, make sure plan for such problems or least waterproof your flooring surrounding the tank :huh:

post-34-1145872328.jpg

• SRC Member

Shall not cry over spill milk ;)

What is done cannot be undone :( Will be a good excuse for me to upgarde my CR but first will have to change the laminate flooring $$$$ :pinch:

Well here's some picture updates of my LS :D

Here's an interesting picture. Doesn't it look like a forest and a mountain :P

Green hairy mushies and orange plate

post-34-1145872938.jpg