Which is a better investment???

jackalcleo

I would go for ozone with an ORP controller ;)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Have anyone wondered what will o3 do to your tank? I mean the physical components and all??? take for instance the jointings to start with ie. silicon of the tank, the powerheads, hoses, valves ?????

A well setup tank can help you acheive redox levels between 320 - 350 as quoted from one of the distinguish source i read somewhere. With proper care it can even hit 360+ even without using o3.

Some say UV is useless cos the aquarium models are just too "small" to work - if its too small to work, try exposing it to your eyes and see if it works :lol:

So i'll say go for a good UV... i have tried, and it works for me :D

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

I am running an Sander ozone (200mg) together with a coralife 6X will very low water flow rate and all i can say it works . Still waitting for my ORP and PH controller to arrived so dare not blast my O3. :lol:

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

• SRC Member
Have anyone wondered what will o3 do to your tank?  I mean the physical components and all??? take for instance the jointings to start with ie. silicon of the tank, the powerheads, hoses, valves ?????

a good point raise here.

I saw the recommendation to hook up to a beckett. Concerned, did a search and found that acrylic (they didn't say which type, i assume there is only one) is resistance to it. But wat about the beckett injector? the O-ring gasket?

• SRC Member
:off: here we are talking about ozone and UV. do you know that because of our thinning ozone layer, we are exposed to much more UV nowadays? :lol::lol:

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

Have anyone wondered what will o3 do to your tank? I mean the physical components and all??? take for instance the jointings to start with ie. silicon of the tank, the powerheads, hoses, valves ?????

A well setup tank can help you acheive redox levels between 320 - 350 as quoted from one of the distinguish source i read somewhere. With proper care it can even hit 360+ even without using o3.

Some say UV is useless cos the aquarium models are just too "small" to work - if its too small to work, try exposing it to your eyes and see if it works :lol:

So i'll say go for a good UV... i have tried, and it works for me :D

Was worry about the ozone effect also. That's way thinking of getting the biggest model for Coralife UV 36W to oversize. I find UV in anyway will not have concern unless the casing broke. As for ozone worry this and that.

• SRC Member
:off: here we are talking about ozone and UV. do you know that because of our thinning ozone layer, we are exposed to much more UV nowadays? :lol::lol:

Thats a good one...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Lets shift our tank next to the windows.. then we don't need UV canniseter already :evil:

juz joking lar.. you'll have more problem such as algae bloom :lol: