Ultrasound Scan!!!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I just bought a book "What to expect when expecting". Organized month by month. $20. Since you only need the remaining 3-4 months, maybe you can convince them to sell you half price.... Anyway, I thought the book quite good lor, but I think there are many websites that can get info too.

• SRC Member

Siao bo... u so sure your soldiers would win the war on first contact?! :D

of ocz no lah....send commando over first...see how...buay sia...then send guards..... :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Still got 100 days to go....no need to worry about labour now yet. Now is the time when you can enjoy and go anywhere you want. 2nd tri-mester is the best time to just go out and walk about. When 3rd tri then think about labour. For now, enjoy the little kicking and movement of your little baby.

Go to science centre, botanic gardens etc and absorb all these stuff. Your baby might benefit too.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

Suntan I think no problem. But better check with your gynae.

I don't think having dog and baby is a problem too as I have 2. I just buy a gate and keep the dogs in the kitchen when they baby is out. But do remember to keep the place clean. I think the issue to worry is really time as you may not have the time to take care of the dogs yourself.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
,Aug 16 2005, 10:35 AM] Chris, can I go suntan while I 'm preggant ? I look like a bleached whale now :sick: .

also,is it not possible to have both dogs and babies?

I have Shitzu and 6 weeks babby.

My nephew and niece also grew up with dog environtment.

What matter most, keep your dog clean and regular house cleaning too.

Dont forget the yearly vacination, for dog not babby.

;)

• SRC Member

princess,

pets and bb can mix but hygience is impt and make sure the dog is not aggressive to bb!

suntan? can .. but bb (even inside ur tummy) doesn't like strong light! they will shield their eyes... so cute rite.

labour?

dun let the horror stories scare u. let me share my happy one.

i was at home, having supper with flubberina n her family n enjoying their company (yummy horfun from geylang). they left @1130pm.

12midnight, tummy abit pain, thought false contractions. quickly take out 'textbook' and check :D .. i insist its false contractions.

my mummy and DB says go hospital asap.

i took my time =shower, wash hair (else dunno when will see water), drink 2 bottles of chicken essence., call my sister to seek 2nd opinion. DB pack bag n look bz and stress :D

1am left home. pain abit more but still can walk to car.

1.20am reach MT A hospital

1.55am arrival of BB! (2.22kg) once out of womb, eyes big big, ###### thumb!

that's what we call fastfood delivery! :lol::lol:

the gynae came 5mins before she pop out! (i didn't know must call hospital to let them know i coming)

no epidural and i only stay for 1 day (pester the doctors to let me go home)

(DB so happy coz so much $$ save)

i think my delivery fast coz i was shopping and shopping and shopping nearly everyday (for @2wks) before birth and maybe flubberina hor fun helps?

(so, exercise n positive mind helps!)

if i had my real contrations during my shopping trip, i will definitely continue shopping till bb pops!! :D

and u are young, so ur delivery will be smooth and fast! dun let it stress u. be happy. u taking your vitamins regularly? drinking your milk? anmum? eat healthily.

do talk to your bb. i didn't but db did and the first few months, rae-ann seems to recognise his voice!

• SRC Member
princess,

pets and bb can mix but hygience is impt and make sure the dog is not aggressive to bb!

suntan? can .. but bb (even inside ur tummy) doesn't like strong light! they will shield their eyes... so cute rite.

labour?

dun let the horror stories scare u. let me share my happy one.

i was at home, having supper with flubberina n her family n enjoying their company (yummy horfun from geylang). they left @1130pm.

12midnight, tummy abit pain, thought false contractions. quickly take out 'textbook' and check :D .. i insist its false contractions.

my mummy and DB says go hospital asap.

i took my time =shower, wash hair (else dunno when will see water), drink 2 bottles of chicken essence., call my sister to seek 2nd opinion. DB pack bag n look bz and stress :D

1am left home. pain abit more but still can walk to car.

1.20am reach MT A hospital

1.55am arrival of BB! (2.22kg) once out of womb, eyes big big, ###### thumb!

that's what we call fastfood delivery! :lol::lol:

the gynae came 5mins before she pop out! (i didn't know must call hospital to let them know i coming)

no epidural and i only stay for 1 day (pester the doctors to let me go home)

(DB so happy coz so much $$ save)

i think my delivery fast coz i was shopping and shopping and shopping nearly everyday (for @2wks) before birth and maybe flubberina hor fun helps?

(so, exercise n positive mind helps!)

if i had my real contrations during my shopping trip, i will definitely continue shopping till bb pops!! :D

and u are young, so ur delivery will be smooth and fast! dun let it stress u. be happy. u taking your vitamins regularly? drinking your milk? anmum? eat healthily.

do talk to your bb. i didn't but db did and the first few months, rae-ann seems to recognise his voice!

Yep...I still remember. You guys called us and gave us a shock... :lol::lol::lol: Now everytime I eat the horfun, I think abt the episode... :lol::)

Princess, last trimester try to walk more.

It aids delivery and also do the kielger floor exercises which will help your muscles to be more flexible and also slims you down faster plus prevents incontinence.

The two big 'flaps' of stomach muscles have previouslyexpanded to fit the growing womb. So all the above helped to slim you down.

I regretted not doing this plus the post-delivery massage. Now have tummy... :(:cry2:

When's the EDD?

And remember to drink enough as once inside the delivery ward, some nurses will not allow you to drink water in the event that caesarian operation is needed.

All the best. :)

• SRC Member

TQ . LUCKY YOU . :D bet you must have scare Deepblue to his wits.. :lol::lol:

I wonder if i can tolerate 10-15 hours of labourpain and also need to cut my V**ina :ph34r: . and my fren kept telling me V**ina will expand from natural birth and wont get to enjoy ###### anymore :blink:

also , My mum kept scaring me that my baby is going to be premature , this and that. :cry2: Also , when is the ideal time to take maternity leave? 2 weeks before EDD? My EDD is 23th Nov.

TQ , when is the first time you brought rae ann out ? after 1 mth?

I got alot of Qns to ask lah :fear:

• SRC Member

:off:

you are back!!!!!! huan yin huan yin!

when u want to go for hor fun?

u bz settling down? need help?

princess,

exercise is very impt and that floor exercise that flubberina mention very impt.

u taking fish oil or omega rich fish? gd for bb n mummy!

btw, though might be abit early, how's your confinement arrangements?

• SRC Member

princess,

ask all you want.. i am sure there are many daddies and mummies here willing to share n give advice.

u must stop thinking abt the negative (like long labour, incision etc). but its good to read up and be mentally prepared but dun frighten yourself.

the incison will heal fast so dun worry.

past 28weeks, bb have a high chance of survival. and modern technology n medicine is so advance so no worry! dun underestimate the resilence of bb!

taking leave.

depends on your condition. best consult ur gynae.

-some (ahem, like me..) still display no symptoms of oncoming labour so can work till very last.

-for some, gynae recommend bedrest.

-but some woman take about 1-2 weeks b4 EDD so they have time to themselves /family n also to prepare bb/confinement things.

-for some who doesn't want to loogi their precious leave n are still 'fit', they will not take in advance.

-some work to be in the company of others (as they might be alone at home n colleagues/frens are always super nice to pregnant woman) n also it makes them 'exercise' more but make sure ur work doesn't add stress to you.

hope it helps.

• SRC Member

GEYLANG HOR FUN is nice but abit oily IMO :lol:

TQ , I 'm going back to my mum house during confinement where my mum & aunty will cook and take care of me.

do you think hiring a cofinement nanny would be a better option ?

I 'm 54kg soon . how much weight should I gain till 40 weeks?

also , care to share what you mummies are eating while pregnant .

I 'm taking obmin with DHA oil supplement and also 1-2 glass of frisomum daily . not forgeting calcium and vitamin C .

Mum and DH also prepare fresh fruit juice for me either in the morning or evening .

PS : I can eat a zinger meal & Macdonald chic wrapover meal UPSIZE and still feel hungry ! :evil:

• SRC Member

confinement nanny.

depends on ur luck. get a lousy one and it add stress! unless its recommended by friends, chances of a good one is higher.

i think mummy n aunty r the best! u very lucky!

u getting a wrap after confinement? i can give u contacts.

1st time brought rae out was when she's abt 1wk for her pd consultation (most bb have to do this)

wt gain for mummy:

preferably abt 15kg.

ur pd didn't prescribe 'multivitamins'?

i eat rubbish/junk during my preggy days. i gain lots of wt but bb so small! :D

recommended food:

-protein (meat esp fish like salmon, cod fish. beef also good) BUT not deepwater fish like shark,tuna

-lots of vege n fruits. but some older ple say avoid the cooling ones (dunno what that is)

-milk, cheese but not soft cheese like feta.

-rice. preferably, brown rice,

-bread (preferably wheat, oat etc. white no gd)

avoid instant noodles, canned food, raw eggs, sashimi, raw oysters etc

some woman will take tonic chicken etc..can go chinese medical hall and ask.

some believe in taking the following few weeks before delivery

- fresh coconut juice (ask ur malay colleague/fren)

-bird nest

i also crave for mac then! must be their commercial on tv! :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

shopping?

then, in my extremely preggie state, i went shopping on my own! why dun u shop at bb stores??? nevermind if bb not here yet, just go and look at the pretty things! it makes u feel reeallll good! and there are so many things to see for GIRLS! (first few tots in my head when gynae say most prob its a girl was 'oh no, $$$$$$$ coz the clothes so sweet.)

if u not familiar with bb boutiques? let me enlighten u.

-mothercare (now sale) outlets at suntec, centrept, PP, KK, causeway

-kiddypalace and kidsmall (wide range of bb stuff.. things u never knew u need)

got time go FOrum the shopping mall, paragon top level , united square look see look see. u will not go home empty handed.

• SRC Member

TQ... yep....yep...me is back. :) And even smsed HG liao but he didn't reply. Changed his phone number again? How abt yours? Still the same? 9****168? Just went to take the horfun for dinner and was thinking of buying back for you when I sent my sis back to Blk 870. :lol: Anyway, how's Rae? Seen her photos on earlier pages...so cute and chubby... :yeah::yeah:

Princess, to allow longer periods of breastfeeding, try to drink more milk unless the gynae says that your baby is too big but that is usually during the later stage when she can last make an better estimate of the weight.

And if baby's too big then chances are that an episotomy has to be done which is the 'cut' that you are talking abt. It will heal faster as long as you rest well. Sometimes, if your muscles are strong, there is only a slight natural tear and this also heals fast. :)

Not to scare you but if the delivery is difficult, there may be chances of piles developing. So be prepared for it. So far, I only know that walking more and doing the exercises before labour tends to help.

If you dun have asthmatic conditions, try to take some birdnest or coconut milk, it is said to help 'cleanse' after the delivery when the placenta or discharge is out.

For breastfeeding mothers' enquiry, the mothers here are very helpful.

http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/

This one is good for new mothers

http://www.nmsg-singapore.com/

And if your baby is going to be born in KK, they have a helpful hotline that I ever called wee hours in the morning...if need be...then I go and dig it up. :P

And most important is your perspective now. dun weigh too much on negative thoughts but to feel optimistic as this will affect your mental stage quite a bit. Just remember that in a few months' time, the fruit of your labour will surface and you will get to enjoy a mother's bliss. :)

TQ... yep....yep...me is back. :) And even smsed HG liao but he didn't reply. Changed his phone number again? How abt yours? Still the same? 9****168? Just went to take the horfun for dinner and was thinking of buying back for you when I sent my sis back to Blk 870. :lol: Anyway, how's Rae? Seen her photos on earlier pages...so cute and chubby... :yeah::yeah:

Princess, to allow longer periods of breastfeeding, try to drink more milk unless the gynae says that your baby is too big but that is usually during the later stage when she can last make an better estimate of the weight.

And if baby's too big then chances are that an episotomy has to be done which is the 'cut' that you are talking abt. It will heal faster as long as you rest well. Sometimes, if your muscles are strong, there is only a slight natural tear and this also heals fast. :)

Not to scare you but if the delivery is difficult, there may be chances of piles developing. So be prepared for it. So far, I only know that walking more and doing the exercises before labour tends to help.

If you dun have asthmatic conditions, try to take some birdnest or coconut milk, it is said to help 'cleanse' after the delivery when the placenta or discharge is out.

For breastfeeding mothers' enquiry, the mothers here are very helpful.

http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/

This one is good for new mothers

http://www.nmsg-singapore.com/

And if your baby is going to be born in KK, they have a helpful hotline that I ever called wee hours in the morning...if need be...then I go and dig it up. :P

And most important is your perspective now. dun weigh too much on negative thoughts but to feel optimistic as this will affect your mental stage quite a bit. Just remember that in a few months' time, the fruit of your labour will surface and you will get to enjoy a mother's bliss. :)

Hey Sis!!!

Welcome home!!! are you back for good? or back for holiday? Hope to catch up with you soon! :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

nd princess, NO caffeine.. ie no coffee, tea and even CHOCOLATES!

:off: flubberina

aiyah.. miss home delivery for hor-fun!

scolded db for not telling me u back and that u even sms him. know what's his reply? "got meh?" he really didn't get ur sms..n he super bz recent months.

my hp still the same. i lose yours in the transition of hp.

oops...