Keith's Tank

keithtty

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

In 2003, there was a few post on SRC about eggcrate, which I thought was really clever. Behind all my LR is a eggcrate stand....I think this limits the scaping possibilities, other than a "fruit stall" display....any recommendations? I have half a mind to tear down and remove the eggcrate.

post-34-1122909618.jpg

Is that a deltec FR?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

keith, where's ur tubby? :)

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

Tubby is in a external reservoir.

Very nicely done. will pop by ur place if there's a chance since u stay so near.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

Calcium Reactor:

• SRC Member
My not so new tank. It is a 3x2x2 tank. Very old tank, but re-started in 2003.

Open top.

This is a shot before I decided to re-scape.....still figuring out how to re-do it.....

topless tank. very clean and neat concept. :)

• SRC Member
In 2003, there was a few post on SRC about eggcrate, which I thought was really clever. Behind all my LR is a eggcrate stand....I think this limits the scaping possibilities, other than a "fruit stall" display....any recommendations? I have half a mind to tear down and remove the eggcrate.

Suggest u tear away the egg crate. They are restricting u to have a 'see-through' from front to behind....and hence the 3rd dimension of depth is missing in the tank.

I throw away my eggcrate last few weeks...and the cave effects, etc...just appear without much effort.

:P

• SRC Member

BFG,

yap it is braceless. The tank is about 10 years old (serious) so I dun think the price apply anymore. If you are asking about how much I have spent since I restarted in 2003....Gheee, I have a spreadsheet that my wife must never see.

Bro Tigger,

Haha...upgraded to 2x250W. DE lighting. I think they are pretty neat, except that I have no idea where to hide the ballast box. Now they sit on the floor beside my tank.

Especially with the price of electricity going up, I dunno what this is going to do to my electrical bill. Last month's one was a projected consumption. Now I have to hijack my bill when it comes. Ghee...this hobby is almost like having a mistress. haha.

Bro Nutx,

Yes, everytime I see Henry's tank in ML, i end up in despair. It seems inevitable now, that I will have to tear down ...AGAIN. I should have done it to begin with. Any advice on how to put aside the coral during this process? Another thought went through my mind, actually. If I am going through all that trouble, maybe I should consider a bigger tank. Haha...but this one will be tough to hide from my wife.

• SRC Member

hey dude, dont despair. just tell ur wife that its a minor renovation for the better good of the future for the family's eyes. Haha Once she hears 'family' she will be thinking: "Gosh I have sucha good husband!! Wonderful! " Haha..

Anyways you got a very prospective tank, and with honesty, your sump is the simplest i have ever come across. Well done dude. :D