HK vs Singapore Prices

heckelboy

• SRC Member
Thanks guys,  what kind of equipment is not available in HK.  Below are the items I am looking to buy. (just to name a few)

T5 lighting for my Aua One AR980

Resun CL-280 chiller

Tunze Turbelle® stream 6000

Eheim pumps

T5 bulbs price are about the same. However, fixtures are quite rare and more expensive in HKG. You can try getting the fixture here in SGP. There are the DIYs or the ones imported from Germany. But for the imported ones, they are more expensive and shops may not keep stock (your required size) due to low demand and may need special order.

Resun chiller suggest you get in HKG as they can be heavy to cary back for that few dollars saving if there is any. Remember they are made in China and usually they are quite a lot of shops selling in HKG and that will results in competition and prices in HKG will be lower.

Tunze can get in SGP as the prices here are very good....even better than in Germany if you ask me. German products selling in HKG at a premium and thus more expensive than in SGP

Same goes for the Eheim pumps and range of products. They are cheaper here if you know where to find them here. But the ones selling in SGP comes in the Euro plugs (same for the Tunze) and may not be compatible with the 3 pin British standard plugs used in HKG. Actually SGP also the same as HKG in terms of electrical standard, so be prepare to do some modifications if grounding is required/desired.

That is fantastic. Thanks. I would love to do all my shopping in Singapore. I cant seem to find the address on the sponsers to this forum. I am only in Singapore for one day. I need to do all my homework before I come.

Where and how do I find the cheapest shops to do my shopping. I will probably only have time to go to a few shops.

Does Singapore have tung choi street, like HK

http://www.chelonia.org/Articles/China/hongkongpets6.htm

Thanks

• SRC Member

I don't mind bringing you around to shop but I don't own any means of transportation.

Nope we don't have centralised area like HK where all FS are located. Farms are at the extreme end of the island while there are some withinMRT reach.

Can I trouble you to get me a Aquabee pump from HK, pls?

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

BTW difficult to to get nice clams in HKG. The nice ones always heading to USA as the yanks can afford to pay the money. Just hope PR will want to bring in some grade 1 maxis. However, the price will be :o

Aquabee pump's price will be same or more expensive compared to SGP. Better to get locally. Like I mentioned, some German products are more expensive in HKG, from what I have seen, the Eheim and Aquabees are more expensive. Only some other German brand like AquaMedic are cheaper.

Hecklboy, just list down the brand/specific part you intend to get and reefers here can than contribute the best location to get the cheapest. HTH. ;)

• SRC Member
i might be going to the wrong shop here is singapore....but for me aquabee definately more cheap in HK then here....:P

Ehiem, i'm not too sure though. But T5s and even MH lights i think yet slightly cheaper.

:off:

Yo bro, do you still have any spare Aquabee laying around? Bought the 1 that you sold to Mark. :P:P

• SRC Member
That is fantastic. Thanks. I would love to do all my shopping in Singapore. I cant seem to find the address on the sponsers to this forum. I am only in Singapore for one day. I need to do all my homework before I come.

Where and how do I find the cheapest shops to do my shopping. I will probably only have time to go to a few shops.

Does Singapore have tung choi street, like HK

http://www.chelonia.org/Articles/China/hongkongpets6.htm

Thanks

There is no tung choi kai in singapore. The LFS sre scattered all over the island, the closest you can find is Serangoon north but it is no where near tung choi kai in terms of vast variety and range. Generally prices in Singapore for American and European products are much cheaper. If you are looking for products made in Asia, much cheaper to get in HK.

I really appreciate all your help. Below is a list of products I would like to buy in Singapore. Please could forum members assist me in posting the cheapest prices with location.

Aqua Medic Aquastarlight T5 (3ft)

Tunze Turbelle Stream 6000

Resun CL280 Chiller

Sony Vaio VGNA49GP

Canon EOS 350D

Thanks

• SRC Member

I was just back from HK one month ago. Find that H&S, Iwaki pump and many china make pump are cheaper in HK. Eheim was very much more expensive in HK. I now in New zeland will give u all the name of the street in HK where they have all the LFS. Can find everything you ever want from a simple walk down a road. Compared to sg where it is all over the island.

• SRC Member

heckelboy:

Aqua Medic Aquastarlight T5 (3ft) ~ AquaMart (Authorised distributor in SG) Not 2 sure of the price.

Tunze Turbelle Stream 6000 ~ Reef Depot (sponsor)

Resun CL280 Chiller ~ Chiller, not advisable coz it'll be too heavy to carry back plus the 20kg laguage limit.

Sony Vaio VGNA49GP ~ Sony shop in Bugis or Sim Lim Square

Canon EOS 350D ~ It's cheaper in HK, trust me I own a 350D which I initially try to buy from HK.

• SRC Member

:off:

Yo bro, do you still have any spare Aquabee laying around? Bought the 1 that you sold to Mark. :P:P

hehehe...actually i didn't sold to mark....he got from someone else....mine was sold to another person....still have 1 Aquabee 3000....dunno if i should sell as its very new.....:)