for colours one is around 120

for me if i want to keep frogfish , then my poor small lionfish

will end up in the frogfish stomach

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frogfishes Sighted!

Went to Ah Beng today, they have one tank near the entrance that is a froggy tank, fell in love with a yellow one but got no cash :( in that tank i saw about 3 froggies, the yellow, a red and a black one. about 2 inches.

saw another black one around the same size, and nice red one about...6 inches (very rough estimate) there too. go check it out guys! :D:P

hi guys

sry busy thats y no post for so long

heh i keeping my 1 inch frog fish in a quarantine box

heh it started feeding liao

so far it has eaten one small guppy and one freshwater shrimp

quite happy

its v cute

dark red

• SRC Member
My greedy Red Frog, juz swallow in a fish almost his size ....  :o about 2-inches food.

hi

veri nice froggie :D

but do take note of the amount when feeding the froggie as from experience a froggie do better when fed once or twice i week.. too much feeding usually lead to death as the froggie can't process the food the the food rot in their stomach...

i lost a few due over feeding now i usually feed mine once a week.. or once in two week and they do better from my view :)

hope it helps :)

cheers :)

• SRC Member
My greedy Red Frog, juz swallow in a fish almost his size .... :o about 2-inches food.

hi ...

btw maybe i see wrongly .. but ur red froggie seems to have blur eyes... kind os infection ...

:blink:

yah...looked like cloudy eyes...ya yellow one too..

have lost a couple of my dear froggies due to this cloudy eye disease...it spreads! followed by mouth rot... :cry2:

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

:shock: huh .....!!!

Looking carefully, I think u may be right ... seems a bit cloudy compared to my Striated. It has been like that since I first bouhgt it.

The fish has been with me for almost a month and it has grown from 2+inch to skightly more than 3-inch now.

Any cure? The fish would normally die within how long? How??? :cry:

:shock: huh .....!!!

Looking carefully, I think u may be right ... seems a bit cloudy compared to my Striated. It has been like that since I first bouhgt it.

The fish has been with me for almost a month and it has grown from 2+inch to skightly more than 3-inch now.

Any cure? The fish would normally die within how long? How??? :cry:

bro...contact henry...

was conversing with him few days back...he has this reef safe solution which could help with my problem...

u may wanna see if it can work for u too?

I'm gonna break the cycle

I'm gonna shake up the system

I'm gonna destroy my ego

I'm gonna close my body now

• SRC Member
Hi all bros,

A quick question.

Whenever the frog uses their angler to try to attract fishes, can I take that as an indicator that they are hungry??

hi

from ur question ... hmm not reali.... IMO... these creatures does not know when they are full... they are juz like eating machine... when they see target.. their basic instinct kick in .. lure .. and .. strike ...

wherethe they can absorb their food in their stomach is another issue... tat why.. lots of froggies die from over feeding ... meaning .. the extra food rots in the stomach hence... poisoning themselves...

therefore.. it always best not to overfeed... sometime it ok by missing a few days of meals.. these creatures can take it .. :)

cheers :)