Anyone watched "The Maid" how the rating?

andysho

• SRC Member

3 out of 10

no head to tail.... :pinch:

hahaha... :lol: never waste $$ for this type of show (chinese horror movie). now a day horror movie become bad to worst. nothing to scare of :ph34r::fear:

"land of the dead" oso nothing special and scary. waste of $$ :P

age.png

• SRC Member

Local media try to bluff us again :lol:

MediaCorp's production "The Maid" a box office hit before release

By Valarie Tan, Channel NewsAsia

SINGAPORE : It is not officially released yet, but it is already a box-office hit!

MediaCorp Raintree Pictures' latest production "The Maid" raked in over $400,000 in ticket sales just from sneak previews alone - a feat previously unheard of for a local film.

Previews for the movie started on the eve of National Day and just by the takings so far, Raintree Pictures says there is hope that "The Maid" can become their biggest movie yet.

The horror film, about a young Filipino maid grappling with work and the supernatural during the Seventh Lunar Month, will officially hit the big screens on Thursday. - CNA/de

support JB DVD.... :angel:

• SRC Member

IMHO:

Story circles around a Maid called Rosa whom had been choosen unknowingly to become a ghost bride for the Old couple whom had a retarded child whom killed himself.

Character setting.

Rosa - New Maid (The choosen Ghost bride)

Esther - The dead maid that the Old couple's retarded child raped.

Old couple - You usual everyday parents whom live hopping to see their child get married and have kids.

Retarded Child - An adult with a kid mentality but with lust of an adult man.

In between the stories, you get scare by the ghost of Esther because she was trying to seek the help of Rosa. Due to the way, she was killed thus the "stupid" dead look. (I think she can appear as a friendly ghost rather than a scary ghost, then what's the fun) It also tells you abt the do and don't during the Chinese ghost festival. Anyway, the story tells abt Rosa being in a foreign land with no relatives and no one to talk to. Worst of all, her younger bro is sick and she met so many ghosts. (Damn, the agency lady for not believing in her story). At this point, I'm already thinking to myself. She must be damn bad luck to meet so many ghost in the whole month. Anyway, it all started when she step on the burned incense paper on her first day.

More do and don't review itself as the story continue. With all the sighting and encounters, she became scare and confused. Being a believer in Lord, she brace herself to find out the truth behind the maid, Wati, whom always runs whenever she see her. Finally, the loud drum noise that's coming out of the master's locked room. Flash back of how Esther was killed reviewed itself. After finding out the truth, she tried to run away with her belongings. Unfortunely, she was re-capture by the Old couple whom have great "plan" for her to marry their dead retarded child. The story came to a twisted end when the retarded child realised that this wasn't Esther the maid that he grew to love. He got angry with his Dad and pushes him against the altar that sets fire to his dad who at the blink of life wanted his wife to complete the whole "plan" as that's the last day of the ghost festival. Esther having got her revenge, saves the almost hanged Rosa so that she can complete her task of bringing Esther remains back to Philippines. Wanting to complete the "plan", the old lady chased after Rosa who ran out of the house. Couple of seconds after she ran on the road, she was run over by a vehicle. (This part again pluzzed me, why didn't the vehicle run over her immediately? Her house is along a straight road but there's no braking noise that tells you that the vehicle wasn't able to stop in time thus killing her)

Story ends with her entering the airport with the sliding door closing and the images of the old couple with their retarded child on it.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

Heard of this........

The Maid scares toilet goers

It is now August, the time of the seventh month, which in Chinese mythology means that the gates of hell are open and evil spirits and hungry ghosts can walk freely on earth and make you very unhappy if you don't feed them. Some women carry Zhong Kui statues in addition to pads in their handbags, just for peace of mind from 2 scary things.

Raintree Productions, a local media company, has daringly chosen this time to launch their new movie, "The Maid".

When I walked into a cinema toilet today, I turned a corner and almost pee-ed on the spot because of what greeted me.

It was the life-sized figure from the poster of The Maid.

Unfortunately, I had no camera at that time.

But today, I decided to go back to the toilet in Plaza Singapura to confront my fear. With a camera.

I stepped into the toilet and turned the corner, and saw...

(Embedded image moved to file: pic04827.jpg)

this poster, instead of the life-sized figure.

Fxxk you!! I come to the toilet to pee, not get a heart attack!

Where did the figure go, I wondered. Did it get removed after someone really died on the spot after seeing it? I went outside to look around, and discovered that it was still there, in the open this time.

Fxxking stupid advertisers never imagined a scenario where toilet users could be using pacemakers or dying of old age already. I'm sure at least one person's heart gave up on the spot after seeing this in the toilet.

post-11-1124527011.jpg

• 3 years later...

ThinkRichPinoy +Cashflow 101Game (wealth via Real Estate)

Receive these free bonuses:

1. 60+ page Ebook by Marketing Guru Jay Abraham "Masters of Passive Income", incredible examples on how to gain passive income. This ebook alone is worth the price of the admission to the seminar.

2. The top mistakes new real estate buyers commit. Special Report compiled for this seminar only (not available anywhere else).

3. We're be raffling off a mentoring session: 1 Hour with Larry Gamboa. Ask him anything you want about wealth!

4. Enjoy a Marketing table, where you can leave your calling cards, brochures for people to pickup. Build your business.

Would you like to:

. Meet Potential Mentors/Investors/Buyers/Sellers for Passive income or Real Estate Investing?

. Obtain the correct mindset about investing in Real Estate in the Philippines?

. Finally reconcile your Money vs God conflicts

. Play cashflow 101 with like-minded people and learn tips from those who've "mastered it".

. Meet ordinary people who've actually purchased Million Peso Foreclosed Properties this year!

. See how the principles of Rich Dad Poor Dad are adapted to the Pinoy Market

. Find out the correct steps in doing it yourself!

. Learn to deal with your fear by getting financial knowledge about Real Estate Investing

Experience all these on November 22, 2008, Saturday and Sunday at the Think Rich Pinoy, Seminar at Philamlife, Manila from 8am-5pm.

What is unique about this Seminar?

. Larry Gamboa (best selling author of "Think Rich Pinoy".The man who believes that you can become think if you have the right mindset!

• The Game Cashflow 101 by Robert Kiyosaki. Find out how many years it would take for you to become financially free.

• The Franchisees of the Think Rich, Pinoy Millionaire Network. The first and 2nd batch of Millionaires in Training. Meet the first networth millionaire created by the program. Have him explain to you how he did it!

. Cashflow 101 "Game Master" Ronald Cagape, who's already hosted many many games for first timers.

Want to GET a sponsor? Read on and we'll show you how.

Families of OFWs, this is for you.

-------------------------------------------------

If you know any Overseas Filipino Loved Ones who are coming home by November 22-invite them to go with you to this seminar. Larry's team

will teach you both how to convert all those remittances into passive income -so Filipino family members can finally come home to their families.

If they cannot come, ASK THEM TO SPONSOR YOU. It will be moneywell spent. After you attend, tell them all about it. How easy is this: just ask them to activate a free account at paypal.com and they can buy you

a ticket online-using their credit card!

Contact Now

---------------------------------------------------

Contact 0915-499-1999 or email richteamevents+aklanva@gmail.com to ensure you have a seat. Fee is (P1450 / person for early bird - before October 3. Regular price is now P 1975. To get a slot, deposit at: BPI Account Name:

ESTI-TRP(Think Rich Pinoy); Account# 8291-0083-57. (Checking) After depositing, please the scanned deposit slip to: richteamevents@gmail.com :

Visit: http://www.thinkrichpinoy.com for pictures of the previous sessions and FAQ or to get a ticket online!

If you already took this seminar before and want to do it again, contact the numbers above ASAP to avail of a special 50% discount - there's a limited number of seats for this.

P.S. Synergizing with like minded people is a must for budding investors. Here's your chance to act now, see you on November 22, 2008.

P.S. Maybe you can find your mentor here!

Contact 0915-499-1999 or email richteamevents+aklanva@gmail.com to ensure you have a seat. Reserve a slot now- by getting a ticket online via Paypal (using a credit card) to avail of the Early Bird Fee of P 1450 / person.

Regular fee is P 1975. You may also deposit at: BPI Account Name: ESTI-TRP(Think Rich Pinoy); Account# 8291-0083-57. (Checking)

After depositing, please the scanned deposit slip to: richteamevents@gmail.com