New Version Moonlight

LiveRock

• SRC Member

Hi guys

I have new moonlights that cater for both nano and bigger tanks. Like my old version standard moonlight and slim-moon, the new moonstrip has a side profile of only 1cm x 1 cm. It features super bright blue LEDs, all protected from over current by resistors. Sealed at both ends for water-proofing. Comes with its power adaptor ready to be used. There are 2 versions, 1 feet and 2 feet long. There is also a special Christmas version to really make your animals party. Will describe more further down.

Here are the pictures:

moonstrip_main.jpgmoonstrip_blue.jpg

My old 1 feet nano under the moonlight:

polys1.jpg

nighttank.jpg

Specs:

1 feet MoonStrip

- 5 Bright Blue LED

- Current Protected

- Sealed at both ends

- AC Power Adaptor

2 feet MoonStrip

- 10 Bright Blue LED

- Current Protected

- Sealed at both ends

- AC Power Adaptor

Mounting options include double-sided tape, hooks, glue, etc. almost anything as it light weight. Can be used with a timer to automatically switch it on 5 mins before the main lights turned off. Now you can start your NightWatch :-)

Interested, pls. PM me. Thanks!

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

the wavelengths for standard blue LEDs are around 420-475, so theyre within the moonlight wavelength.

question though bro liverock, how many volts is each LED bulb? as there are LEDs all the way from 3.5v to 12v and even higher. if its 12v bulbs, i'm interested in getting a 2feet one. could you pls tell us all how much youre selling it for?

cheers,

ian

• SRC Member

price?

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Hi

I have PMed all who are interested. Do allow me some time as response is overwhelming and I do not go online always.... :)

To iantoh

The voltage is regulated to 5-6 volts. The brightness is controlled by the amount of current passing thru it, via the resistor. Each LED is controlled by one resistor.

The amount of light generated is bright enough to cast shifting shadows at the bottom of the tank but not too bright to light up the whole place. This is intended as we are simulating moonlight at the bottom of the ocean/sea. By the time the moonlight reaches to the animals, it is generally dark blue in colour. The exact wavelength depends on many many factors, including the depth, the composition of the sea water, cloudyness, and the moon itself.

To jem

Thanks for pointing out. I did not measure the exact wavelength but I did notice corals responding to it. In an artificial environment such as a home aquarium, we use a variety of modern technology equipment such as skimmers, wave generators, MH, chiller to mimic nature, moonlight is just another one of them.

It encourages:

(a) 24/7 viewing of your tank

(B) Simulate night activites instead of total darkness. E.g. Corals Spawning, etc.

maybe other activities we yet understand or discover

© A more 'gentle' transition between 'day' and 'night' without sudden switch off of MH or other 'Day' lights.

Hope I answer all the quiries.

Thanks!