Good Lfs

• SRC Member

Hiihi all

Instead of throwing brickbats at bad experiences at lfs. How abt we do the gracious thing and throw "garlands" at the good lfs that hv provided us with gd experiences.

I like to say Henry at ML hobb... is one of the friendliest & most helpful lfs owners i ever met. he is helpful & provides gd advice even on stuff that he doesnt sell at the moment. I m sure there are others who will share my view.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member

Agree......, he don't sell the sick fishes & some one he think that can't take care about the fishes....... very good services......... :D:D

IMO, Pacxxx Marxxx , Ah Bxxx , also the other person with the good services..... :D:D:D

• SRC Member
I like to say Henry at ML hobb... is one of the friendliest & most helpful lfs owners i ever met. he is helpful & provides gd advice even on stuff that he doesnt sell at the moment. I m sure there are others who will share my view.

agree! :lol:

he even can remember ur name.

henry's the man...great fella though he always calls me the wrong name... haha. but din bother to correct him coz i think he'll feel abit paiseh... honest fella with honest comments. when his fishes are not that good, he'll tell u straight instead of persuading u to buy...only down point is his things abit more expensive but that's more than compensated by good healthy lifestock and services

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member
Hiihi all

Instead of throwing brickbats at bad experiences at lfs. How abt we do the gracious thing and throw "garlands" at the good lfs that hv provided us with gd experiences.

100% agreed.....learn alot of free knowledge fm him :D

• SRC Member
Hiihi all

thumb ups for Henry .. Marine Life ..

What i encounter ..

He is even willing to bring in 25 copper band to try if just 1 is feeding due to a request from another reefer .. But none feed after 2weeks of trying so none was sold ... And henry would even explain the reason of not selling it to u ..

His prices are abt a dollar higher than some LFS but worth paying for the service he provide ..

:angel:

• SRC Member

hahaha wlk @ sago lane hahahahaha u gotta be kidding....

ntg against them personally .. in fact i met them many times when i went to collect snails & rocks hahaha. But they do sell some equipment pretty cheaply so thats a plus pt for them.

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

heh...i have the same feeling too. that marine fish is the owner of WLK...no offence if u're not the owner coz they're pretty famous for the wrong things = notorious. coz so far, there are only 2 posts by u and both posts are about u voting WLK as a good lfs and promoting it.. Either that or it's because u've only been to WLK for marine lfs.... any comments,, other reefers?

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member

You are the owner? <_<<_<<_<

This LFS is famous for not giving the right advice:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...?showtopic=2133

Well, I think we should be giving them a second chance, since they are giving the right advice now to newbies. (All thanks to BUM) :)

Back to the topic, yes - I personally think that ML is da best! :lol:

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

How to consider PR is a good LFS? I'm with this hobby for more than 6 years. Current, with a 3ft. tank more that one year old. With 50% hard and soft cofts with more than 6 months, with fame, Kole tang, Naso Tang, purple fire fish and others fishes. PH 8.2, Ammo & NO2 zero, NO3 40 and calcium 420ppm, KH 8 and others. Water parmeter can consider at OK. My encounter with them as follows:

1) Brought 4 pink fire fishes, 1st $5.00 subs. $4.00. Was in a hurry going back office that afternoon (1 month ago). When introduce to my tank. WOW all fire fishes with white spot. How can they sell something like that, very irresponsible. It can say total not my fault. They know these fishes have whitespot should advised customers to placed in hospital tank. Deal to this incident, causing all the fishes mention above die three days later. Is also my mistake did not relised why are they selling so cheap where normal price at $10 to $12. Had learned this expensive lesson well.

2) My friend brought clear stock maxi.clam at $50.00. Which die three days later and his tank already running for 6 years which had 3 more maxi. clam in the same tank for more than half year brought from TXX. So how to you guys rate this???

3) When their large stock of clam arrived which last shipment some time ago.Intend to buy two maxi. clams for $90 per pc, asked the boss for further discount since buyng two. His reply" How can I answer to my customer where just brought 10 pcs of the $90.00 clam". I think that is a very bad attitude to answer customer. Please consider this is a newly opening shop. Where need to draw more customers to sustained the business. Therefore beside given reasonable price and good service, good advised should provided ( not too sure do they have the experiences and knowledges to advise.).

Lastly, my advised not to buy any extremely cheap live stock, unless ......

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

How to consider PR is a good LFS? I'm with this hobby for more than 6 years. Current, with a 3ft. tank more that one year old. With 50% hard and soft cofts with more than 6 months, with fame, Kole tang, Naso Tang, purple fire fish and others fishes. PH 8.2, Ammo & NO2 zero, NO3 40 and calcium 420ppm, KH 8 and others. Water parmeter can consider at OK. My encounter with them as follows:

1) Brought 4 pink fire fishes, 1st $5.00 subs. $4.00. Was in a hurry going back office that afternoon (1 month ago). When introduce to my tank. WOW all fire fishes with white spot. How can they sell something like that, very irresponsible. It can say total not my fault. They know these fishes have whitespot should advised customers to placed in hospital tank. Deal to this incident, causing all the fishes mention above die three days later. Is also my mistake did not relised why are they selling so cheap where normal price at $10 to $12. Had learned this expensive lesson well.

2) My friend brought clear stock maxi.clam at $50.00. Which die three days later and his tank already running for 6 years which had 3 more maxi. clam in the same tank for more than half year brought from TXX. So how to you guys rate this???

3) When their large stock of clam arrived which last shipment some time ago.Intend to buy two maxi. clams for $90 per pc, asked the boss for further discount since buyng two. His reply" How can I answer to my customer where just brought 10 pcs of the $90.00 clam". I think that is a very bad attitude to answer customer. Please consider this is a newly opening shop. Where need to draw more customers to sustained the business. Therefore beside given reasonable price and good service, good advised should provided ( not too sure do they have the experiences and knowledges to advise.).

Not trying to defend them (i'm not related to them at all) but did u aclimatise your fish properly b4 introducing them into your tank?

When I first started out in this hobby, most of the ppl advised me to quarantine the fish first b4 putting them in the main tank.

I am also wondering why so many of you give praises to PR? Because No.1 they are always empty...no stock like 5 days of the week. No.2 price is also high.

As for Derf, well sometimes its just our luck....so next time dun go there lor. The moment we buy a life pet....sorry man onus is on the buyer...dude that's life.

I would say places like ML, SL, HLQ, TP, CF, PM, LCK1**, T95, RB are worth the time and effort to go down to shop. The rest i have almost been to see either the same empty tank or the same old stuff.

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

Guys this has been mentioned many many times before. If you are not happy with a LFS and say something here, pls state your real name and contact number to stand by what you say.

Otherwise you can get AT into trouble with the LFS for allowing defamation in the forum. A previous issue raised by other posters, created alot of trouble....physical threats and lawsuits to AT and all involved.

Pls read the conditions for posting.

Powder Blue:

I am sorry to hear about your case. However, I too had this same experience and I am sure many others too from fishes bought anywhere. I got my fishes somewhere else and they all ended up with ich.

For your info, your tank fishes may not have ich but it does not mean its not there. It just means your fishes are immune to it already. However since you say you already have 6 yrs in this hobby you should know better.

There is no fish shop in singapore which will guarantee your fish will survive once you buy it back home.

With such a long yrs of experience, you should know better how to tell whether a fish is already sick in a shop. Unless you are saying they (PR) caught the fishes for you and deliberately chose sick ones for you.

You are implying that we should all buy expensive fishes or justifying the prices of other LFS charging us exhorbitant prices as a reason for selling good healthy fishes. This from my own experience is totally untrue. Other reefers may wish to comment on this too.

I recommend PR and ML because these are shops which do not try to con newbies. They don't try to tell you ###### and bull stories saying angels are clam safe, butterflies are reef safe and recommend all kinds of additives or something similar which you don't need.

Health wise of stocks is really something that cannot be controlled when imported by any LFS. What can be controlled is the LFS providing a good environment and holding area for the stocks. Have you really seen the setup provided by PR for their stocks?

Yes there are still deaths which is inevitable. But I believe they provide one of the best holding areas for their stocks.

Cheers

:peace:

its his fren who's into marine for 6years. hehe.. :)

it depends sometimes on luck. some fish

can make it, some can't. those make it

after 2weeks, are more immune, n easily fed for.

The rest of weaker ones (fish) take more patience

n time to monitor their condition veri closely.

• SRC Member

Hi Cookiemunster,

I already stated very clear it was my mistake while in a hurry did not check those fire fishes (already had whitespot) caught them myself and asked him to packed due to price is cheap. Then rush to my appointment.

Yes I do agreed with you, no fish sold in LFS do guarantee fishes will survive once brought back. BUT NO S'PORE LFS SELL FISHES ALREADY DEVELOPED WITH WHITESPOT TO CUSTOMERS. I think you had misunderstand the point for buying cheap fishes from LFS. I am implying BE MORE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING EXTREMITY CHEAP FISHES. Otherwise, there is no reasons for any shop owners to sell extreme cheap for any fishes ( fire fish 1st for $5 2nd .. $4 normal price $10 to $12) they need to pay salaries, electrical bill, rental and so on. They are not running a charity organization. Yes I do agreed, with my experience, I should have quarantine fishes before introduce to main tank. During my first year, I did experienced common marine diseases like whitspot, oodinium, erosion, finrot, fungus and others. No website and consulttant to approached, only books and advised from Sam from SL. Everythings have to gone to reading and put to practised, try an error. What I emphasis to all reefers to be more carefully when buying live stocks and don't hope anyone here to purchased unhealthy fishes and caused more harmful and damage to mature tank and ended with death. I am not here to create war to anyone else, just do not want this history to repeat. Hope you can understand. Should you find any sentences are insulting or put AT into difficult position, I am sorry and please advised AT to erased them. I strongly believe you are here to cultivate more reefers with all the precious contribution and good advised in SRC you had written. Lastly, I hope SRC able to encourage more lasting and sucessful reefers and move to a higher level. :) Thank you guys for reading this message. :thanks: