Min's 3rd SPS Experimental Trail

minsmarine

• SRC Member

Ah yea, don't be like that lar, friend friend can or not :D

Me broke mah.

So many things to upgrade, light, skimmer, chiller ...........

I know u have lot of gadget mah. Razak always tell me, u have this u have that...

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Ah yea, u got me wrong,

I mean gadgets mah, like ur PO4 equip, such a nice, I know my Salifert kit cant , but your gadget can.

other like ur Electronic usage bla bla bla :D

anyway I give you full respect on this :bow:

Bo pian, I can't post without trying it out first right? No experience how to talk? End up talk like "internet reefer" cos everything requoted from what they read from internet but actual experience is close to zero.

:whistle

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

sorry guys hijack abit, I am a zeovit user ever since my tank started. But I noticed the colors of my sps are not intense. For example, my 'Bali green' colony actually very green but now turning into yellowish, only those branches under shade has the original color.

Also I got another red mille, turning pinkish and another with original red tips lost all the colors. I am using 2x250XM, nitrate 0 dkh 7 calcium 420.

I am not looking for instant solution just like to check with u guys

Aiya these type of stuffs better to get your own instead of borrowing, I need to use it on a frequent basis, don't tell me you want to be running between our place or made me run here and there. End up the petrol incurred can buy a new hanna PO4 meter already. Somemore 1 test cost 40cents which is not cheap too.

xpert1974, we can tok about the zeovit in the SPS section.

• SRC Member

Mins,

I'm also using the koraline 3001. What's your drip rate? Mine is 1 bubble every 3 seconds and 120 drops per minutes. I don't have a feed pump but use water from main tank and drip back into sump.

Also, I use coral chips which is left with only 1/4. Can I just add ARM or must I take out the coral chip and use ARM on its own? Is 1/4 too little and should have changed earlier? Where can I get good price for ARM and how much to buy at one go?

Thanks

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
Aiya these type of stuffs better to get your own instead of borrowing, I need to use it on a frequent basis, don't tell me you want to be running between our place or made me run here and there. End up the petrol incurred can buy a new hanna PO4 meter already. Somemore 1 test cost 40cents which is not cheap too.

xpert1974, we can tok about the zeovit in the SPS section.

well if u want to measure your p04... can just deliver the sample water to someone who got hanna and pay them like maybe $1 to do the test for u lor...

• SRC Member

Weileong

I though that was very ex ? Geez, should had save enough money than. Thank for info, would appreciate, how much would be...... ;)

Chris

CA rate is a lot depended on what is your tank consuming a day. My tank, as I measured a few time, consumed 1,400 dKh / Day. mean for my total water of 350L, about 4.5dKh/Day dropping.

To catch up with usage, my CR3001 is running @ 110ml / min & 65 BPM. No drop, but steady steam.

About media, almost full will be the best, think about it , they will be travelling more on media mean more hardness you would get, mean you will need less drop rate. Maximizing your investment.

CO2 and media are more easy to disvole under high preasure, that's why I use pump rather than dosage pump or from main tank.

I would add on more than change the whole media. Anyway, it's up to you.

Media is your choice. There are so many place you could get from.

Happy Reefing :D

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Patrick

Delivery and Fright charge to BKK not included huh :D Once you converted let me know. For you SURE SIR :P

Weileong

Totally Agree with you. Salifert cost about 40C, but more due to human error and I don't think I could get 60 tests out of the box.

Give me some hint lar, so I won't buy new test kits rather than save for gadget. Tks in advance

Ocean Gump

Hi Min, how did you calculate your tank's dKH consumption per day? :huh:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

blueheaven

I switched off my CR, no dosing anything in the test periods. I measured KH and Ca just before lights are on, measure again on 24hr apart, than I get it. I did try 4 times and ranged between 1,350 - 1,450 dKh/day, so average out 1,400 dKh / day.

I made sure, I didn't dose anything 48 prior to test, not to influence test.

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

New Addition ;)

Copperband Butterfly, my favourite. My 1st one was killed by bicolor blenny after almost 1 year with me.

This guy keep swimming left and right. Seen that he like high current :P

post-34-1125140242.jpg

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

iantoh

My nick is MIN's Marine lar, not MISS MARINE ;) and u still address me as bro :rolleyes: so how ! should I take out my skirt now :evil:

Haa haa :lol: not only you , a lot of people here just call me MISSMARINE cause they just read :fear:

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

SPS Blast, Anemone suside bomber

The anemone I bought 3 5 days ago was happily in my Refug, unitl yesterday. I saw he was moving here and there yesterday and I didn't feed him since 1 more day for meal.

This morning , I wake up and as usual first thing check my SPS tank, to suprise I could not find Anemone. My sump is 3 x 1.5 x 1.5 nothing much and I could not find him at all. Used touch light, check all under rock, water colum. Not find , geez don't tell me this guy can fly.

So look under cabinet , nothing. I never expected that his guy will fall from WATER FALL in my return compartment and sucked by RETURN PUMP, Chopped to a small small pieces.

SPS shows stress, I can't see my XMas Worm, CoCoworm, water cloudy.

Left with only 1 6kg box salt.

Changed 40% water. And now waiting for things to happen.

Hope nothing happen.

How can Anemone became suside bomber, because Lizard's 2 clown fishes trained him ?

:evil:

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

He was in the SUMP. testing out something mah. And didn't expected that he will jump down from WATER FALL 1' height Geez

Ocean Gump