when you are 'down-under'

Jaslyn

• SRC Member

Lately,alot of posting about economic...wages...employers...govt....I bet alot of people are feeling suffocated by the $$$ living here.No matter how hard we worked,it doesnt seem to be enough.And some,no matter how hard they tried,they dont seem to get anything.

Ok,lets hear from everyone here.If one day,you required a loan to tie you off bad time.What would you do.Lets kick the credit card,loans,ezycash,loanshark...aside.Just some other option what people would do if they facing difficult time and needed a loan to tie off the bad time.And hey,govt definitely not a solution as we all know :D

• SRC Member

The best is to save for a rainey day.

Sometimes its not that siblings or friends not willing to help, they too have their families to feed.

So the best solution is to spend wisely, save up and when it rains, at least got some shelter to shield from the rain.

Loans, credit cards etc would make u worse off than better off.

Watch your thoughts’ they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

--Frank Outlaw

• SRC Member

the thing about credit cards is not just the interest, it is that you can easily spend money you have not yet earned, because you just swipe and can buy whatever you want, worry about the cost later. When this becomes a habit it is very difficult to stop... until you become bankrupt. :(

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

glad to know that everyone knows the bad thing about credit card.It just irritates me when those people approaching us to sign up for new credit card.I remember once read from the straits time.Credit card is the legal loanshark.

• SRC Member
the thing about credit cards is not just the interest, it is that you can easily spend money you have not yet earned, because you just swipe and can buy whatever you want, worry about the cost later. When this becomes a habit it is very difficult to stop... until you become bankrupt. :(

yes... that's really a very dangerous trap to fall into... to spend money you have not earned yet...

• SRC Member

I know of people actually dig out classified ads from websites about loans.This neighbour of mine,she actually get to know this guy by the name of Ed from yahoo.He posted something like he needed personal loan urgently and she emailed him to ask if posting on yahoo helps?He told her ways to get money.Ways like Tontine.Told her to transfer him money so he can help her to bid for the tontine.

I know many of us would say she is stupid but when someone in desperate shoes,never think of anything can go even worst than what they were in.She transferred him the money and he kept giving her excuses like,other people bidded higher and keep on dragging her.This thing went on for like 2-3 months until the husband knows about it and called the guy up demanding returning the money or else he is heading to the police.At the end,she got her money back.

This story is to highlight to people,even no matter how desperate we are,think twice what we are doing