Best Coffee

Justiana Er

• SRC Member

Different people have different tastes - some love those coffee from neighbourhood coffee shops - thick and black. Some like having a cuppa at coffees clubs while chit chatting with friends.

I find the coffee at coffee shops tasteless - they are just bitter because of being over burnt. Some of the coffee outlets in town (Orchard Rd, etc) have good and fragrant coffee but with all the distractions and other preoccupations I had no time to really enjoy them or even know exactly what they taste like.

The best coffee which I enjoy most is in the comfort of my HOME!!!!! I also use to buy back kilos of freshly roasted coffee beans from Australia. Blue Mountain was only $20+ per kilo - here in S'pore it's about $10 per 100grams. I stored the coffee bean in my freezer to keep them fresh and fragrant. The coffee aroma and it's lingering after taste in the mouth is simply fantastic. Now I make do with the ground coffee from St Michaels.

I always enjoy my best coffee - AT HOME.

• SRC Member
On contrast, i like coffee in local coffeeshop. They are cheap and smell nice. The worst coffee i tasted is from Mcdonald or KFC. Better to drink water than to drink their coffee.

yap i agreed... KFC sucks !!!!!!!! ..... dunno wat type of $^@^# coffee maker they use :P

• SRC Member

Here's a few coffeeshop with quite nice coffee.

1. Opposite Sembawang shopping centre (the chinese coffeeshop)

2. Yishun Blk 123

3. woodlands Blk 630

4. KouFu (some locations only)

5. Kopitiam (some locations only)

U guys may find me there, c u???

If u see a lady tat look like Carol zheng yu ling & tat's me .... H ah ha

• SRC Member

Wah...Justiana, you coffee shop kopi expert! :P Generally I prefer the coffee shop type over fast food/new and trendy coffee outlets. Stronger and more character....if done right! - some coffee shops nowadays just have very generic coffee...so sad... :(

My friend told me his father found out one day why some of the old time coffee shops have such "must drink" kopi - one day saw the kopi maker take a scoop of something from a tin and chuck into the coffee....thinks it's opium :o . Nowadays. I think this kind of kopi very difficult to find already :lol::lol:

Miss my varietal coffees - that's the only thing the new coffee shops have going for them. Think Jamaican Blue Mountain is over-rated and over-priced...Used to like Kenyan AA, until I discovered Aged Sumatran Medhling....wah...heavenly. Now cannot find anymore :(

Anybody ever try the supposedly super nice coffee - the one that goes through civet cats :fear::ph34r: before being collected? Supposed to impart a "special flavour" to the coffee :lol:

Intelligent people talk about ideas......

Average people talk about things......

Small people talk about other people......

• SRC Member

I COPI addict lah, just like drug addict. Hee

A must in d AM b4 i start my day.... COPI O GOSONG one cup................

My hubby call me COPI QUEEN...

Hey, he nevers drink copi last time, after know me & after our marriage 10 yrs back, he also addicted 2 COPI................

• SRC Member
Read w care leh. I say my daughter is now 6 yrs old. So i carry tis baby 7 yrs ago....

I'm not pregant... & dun u=intend 2. one kid big headache already ah

hahaha.. ok.. , misunderstand.. too ppl with babies here...

:P