• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Pumps:

1 x 12000l/m red dragon pump (as main return)

1 x tunze 6060

1 x tunze 6080

1 x tunze 6100

1 x tunze wavebox

Skimmer:

1 x Bubble King 300 internal

Reactor:

1 x D&D PF600S CR

1 x Ian Zeovit reactor

Lighting:

3 x LA Mini Reflector

3 x PFO 250W ballast

3 x Saki 6500 250W SE Bulb

2 x T5 80W

Chiller:

1 x Artica 1/2hp

Water Param:

CA: 450~500

KH: 6.5~7.8

Mg: 1300~1350

N03: 0

P04: 0.01~0.02

Reefing method use:

Zeovit

:bow::bow::bow:

nw dis is what they call serious reefing... nice pics bro!

• SRC Member
o ya and not to forget this photo.. when I 1st fire up the BK and up to now still like it so much...

P1010159.jpg

:bow::bow::bow: wat a solid skimmer u have there.... :bow::bow::bow:

If dosed correctly and setup correct 4-5months you can achieved that already.

For me, 8months in zeovit but still in stage 2. Once I removed the DSB, 1 week later mine went into stage 3 and now also stage 4 already. Now 1 week more and my tank will be 1yr in zeovit already and my sps still kicking and growing :P

• SRC Member
finally, i get to see alan setup....esp the BK......POWER MAN!

And nice tank bro!

Thanks for the advices that u given to me!!!!  ^_^  ^_^  :bow:

sure no problem..

you are welcome....

my advise for all is dont follow.. you need to re-think and then apply to your tank need.

For half a yr WL and me have on and off discussing about the use of zeovit and sometime we found new things and understand more and time we disagree and even WL see my dose schedule also scare, cause it's too high dosage and like playing with fire lolz.... but like I say he apply his dosage and method to his tank, I do my own style cause his and mine is different setup and environment. And if I myself also cant understand my own tank needs then no way I can move forward. :D

In zeovit if you follow other dose scheulde bindly will get you into trouble one.

And before zeovit, I have been on half a yr dosing vodka. It work and reduce my p04 and n03 but I still found it's not powerful enough or not as complete as zeovit. Thus when I switch to zeovit I have a small cycle re-run again and brown out all my sps. But this did not put me a stop to zeovit and after trying on different dosing and method of appling zeovit. I finally reach stage 4.

• SRC Member

Yo Alan....who is Keigo? Your boyfriend?? hahahaha :lol::lol: jokin jokin......was scratching my head when I saw the heading......

Anyway...nice work on your tank! By the way your electricity bills must be :shock: .....your lightings are just! :whistle

Cool stuff you have!....thanks for your advise too.....I am just starting to dose volka recently..... :paiseh: ......pretty happy with the result.....hehe :paiseh: cheap way of keeping the tank away from algae and red carpet.......hehe....In addition I add in a six spot sleeper goby!......damn.....she is so hard working! ;)

• SRC Member
Yo Alan....who is Keigo? Your boyfriend?? hahahaha  :lol:  :lol:  jokin jokin......was scratching my head when I saw the heading......

Anyway...nice work on your tank! By the way your electricity bills must be  :shock: .....your lightings are just!  :whistle

Cool stuff you have!....thanks for your advise too.....I am just starting to dose volka recently..... :paiseh: ......pretty happy with the result.....hehe :paiseh: cheap way of keeping the tank away from algae and red carpet.......hehe....In addition I add in a six spot sleeper goby!......damn.....she is so hard working! ;)

yo bro.. lolz.. keigo is my other nick in zeovit forum.

ya the elect bill is making me faint every month.

o ya if u run short of vodka give me a call I still got spare bottle here to give it to u.. :lol:

• SRC Member

Hopefully you are paying your bills.....or else huh.....your ear will melt from the nags huh?!....hahahaha :lol: ......I kanna recently when my Mdm happen to glance into our PUB bills!......damn.....was thinking to upgrade to 250w!... <_<

• SRC Member
Hopefully you are paying your bills.....or else huh.....your ear will melt from the nags huh?!....hahahaha :lol: ......I kanna recently when my Mdm happen to glance into our PUB bills!......damn.....was thinking to upgrade to 250w!... <_<

hahaha.... ever since I started this hobby my ears never have any peace. :lol:

ya go for 250 lor at least keeping clam no problem.. but have to see if your chiller can support the heat or not..

• SRC Member
:bow:  :bow:  :bow:

Hi Alan, is there any links on volka dosing. Would like to know more about it.  :P Me trying very hard to lower my NO3.

err I think no more.. even have also the thread very messy already...

but I do warn that if you want go for sugar or vodka it's best suitable for those who are running LPS or FOWL tank only. SPS tank forget about it, you cant go far using these 2 method.

I have once writen down a proven formula for vodka dosing... dont know where I put it.. I will search around and if I found it, I will disclose the secert dosing secert out. :D

• SRC Member

ok found it... it's in my powerbook... lolz..

OK in order to make this method work.. first make sure your water parameter is correct at those level..

and most important read and read what I write and fully understand it before starting.. dont miss out anything.

Cal = >= 400 <= 450

dkh = >= 7 <= 8

Mg = >= 1250 <= 1350

P04 = > 0

N03 = > 0

NH4 = 0

N02 = 0

PH = >= 7.9 <= 8.5

SG/Salt = 1.025 - 1.026

caron = must be in tank.

ok here how u should go.. choose vodka of any brand cheapest will do and must have alochol content of 40%

Must get very gd test kit like gary test kit or Salifert or best is hanna

for P04 and n03 test kit..

measure your P04 and N03 and note it down..

if your n03 and p04 is high u can do dosage like this..

if your n03 and p04 is low then cut the recommented dosage by half to be on the safe side.

day 1

1 ml per 100 litre e.g. if your tank vol is 1000 litre then u will dose 10ml of vodka.

every day increase dosage by 0.1ml so e.g.

day 2

1.1 ml per 100 litre e.g. your tank vol is 1000 litre then u will dose 11ml

and so on for every day.

Continue increase your vodka dosage until u see a drop in your n03 and p04 then stop increase dosage and remaind dosing the same amount for the next 2-4 days. If n03 and p04 level remain the same then u will continue increase your dosage again but this time round u will increase dosage by 0.05 ml per 100 litre.

keep on dosing until u see your n03 and p04 become 0 level or near. Then slowly decrease dosage by 0.1ml per 100 litre per day until u see an increase of n03 and p04 and u will increase your dosage by 0.1 ml per 100 litre. Keep repeat this pattern until u can find the correct dosage to get 0 for your n03 and p04.

Note:

If u find a fast decrease of n03 and p04 u must stop dosage for 2-4 days and then cut your current dosage amount by half (e.g. current dosage is 10ml so u must now dose 5ml) and start dosing after stop dosing for 2-4 days.

Similiar issue if u see cloudy tank. U must stop dosage straight away and wait till tank water clear up and then start dosing half the among.

Tank must be keep oxygen rich whenever vodka is been dosage. So best time to do is when light is on. Also tune your skimmer to wet skimming and allow high flow in the main tank to enrich your water with oxygen.

Must take extra note:

Oxygen will decrease very fast when dosing vodka so must alway look out for sight of lack of oxygen e.g. sight of your fish showing in need of oxygen and if u r using fan to cool your tank it will work best in this case.

if not any best method is look at your ph swing.. cause if c02 is high ph will drop very fast.

Lastly feeding remain the same.. but if you want faster result, you can feed every other days..

• SRC Member

kekeke....saw this instructions somewhere.....very familiar.......where huh?! :huh::lol::lol::lol:

Well.....you must be very discipline to practice this method! I screw up a bit because of my busy schedule...... :paiseh: ....luckily no casaulty......only flooded my skimmer cup and my living room with skimmate :sick::lol::lol: which I couldnt explain why?.....probably the skimate was too wet! <_<

Worth trying.......at the same time a dose to myself with the Volka!..... :lol: