Found some nudi like creatures on my yumas!

Cardinal Tetra

• SRC Member

I was taking a look at my rock of yumas when I spotted some brown creatures on my yumas, that crawl away when I try to pick them. Its too small to describe but its around the size of the head of a pin.

Could that be the reason why my yumas are slowly detaching itself from the rock? What should I do? Freshwater dip for 1 min?? Please need help. :(

• SRC Member
I had abt 30 over pieces of tiny brown stuff crawling over mine at one time and I flushed it with fresh water. My yuma's doin great now..But after the flush it was damm stressed for a day or 2.

Then again it all depends on luck.

all the best.

I have manually removed 3 of those pests using a sharp tweezer. May I know how long did you dip in freshwater? :thanks:

• SRC Member

o no nudi , hope it is not flatworm

it cause nightmare to my corals months ago

the only solution is not to add any corals , wait till some time

then start to add corals, those bugs will die off once they cant find

a suitable host

freshwater dip is only a 50 percent chance ~~~if not careful

it will kill your corals fast enought

• SRC Member

If yours look like the pics in RC, then it is probably flatworms. One of my friend kenna the same infestation a while back on his discosmas. After he introduced a mandarin and a randall goby, the population disappeared.

We suspect the mandarin controlled the population, anyone can verify?

• SRC Member

I have manually removed 3 of those pests using a sharp tweezer. May I know how long did you dip in freshwater? :thanks:

I nly dipped it for about 5 mins. Some i removed with a tweezer..

The rest I blasted off with water. But I was taking a risk. Thank goodness my yuma is still ok. :P

• SRC Member

But do they actually destroy the coral? the infestation in my friend's tank essentially just sits on the mushrooms. Even the pics in RC does not show the yuma in a very stressful state.

My take is that the pest just block the lighting to the coral. The mushrooms may be detaching to get to more lightings.

Hi Cardinal Tetra, your yumas show any other signs of stress? open mouth?expel guts?

• SRC Member
But do they actually destroy the coral? the infestation in my friend's tank essentially just sits on the mushrooms. Even the pics in RC does not show the yuma in a very stressful state.

My take is that the pest just block the lighting to the coral. The mushrooms may be detaching to get to more lightings.

Hi Cardinal Tetra, your yumas show any other signs of stress? open mouth?expel guts?

But it really looks damm disgusting :sick: especially when you see them moving arn your coral.

Some say they're harmless while others say that it kills their corals.

so i guess it's up to the individual whether he minds them and is willing to take the risk of keeping them there. :)

• SRC Member

Hi all, thanks for all the advices, I've decided not to go with the freshwater dip and have manually removed some of the flatworms. I plan to remove all of them and will only use the freshwater dip as a last resort.

Right now I can't see any flatworms on the yumas. Hope they dont detach from the rock. ;)