Harlequin Shrimp

FuEl

• SRC Member
Anyone spotted any in LFS? I got one about 1/2 inch size. Thinking of getting one more for mated pair.

the last place i saw them at was in harlequin and lck 110. that was 3 weeks ago.

u've gotta try to match them n see if they'll pair up. $25 is too expensive for me to try. :P

• SRC Member

i keeping only one. but then i know of other reefers keeping two and even 3 harlequin together. I feeding them sand shifter starfish. It the cheapest starfish i can find. $3/- for one big starfish.

They feed on a variety of stars..i know they feed on 'chocolate' chip starfish also.

and favourite is the linkia star which is too expensive for me..

• SRC Member
the last place i saw them at was in harlequin and lck 110. that was 3 weeks ago.

Just now bought one slightly bigger one. Put two of them together. They touch each other for a while, looks like talking. I think the big one is teaching the small one how to eat the starfish :heh: .

Bought from Harleq**n near Lavender MRT/Jalan Besar Stadium, at $22. Found out got blue colour and orange colour type. Mine are blue colour one. Still have 2 left in the shop.

Read from articles that linkia in captivity have difficulty regenerating its limbs.

IMO cutting the starfish legs while its still ALIVE is pretty much the same image you get of a mother lioness tearing off a human limb to feed its growing cubs while keeping the poor guy alive in the bushes <_<