Back from Christchurch, New Zealand

Dispar_Anthias

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is where they filmed LOTR..

Hmm,has heard frm many tht NZ is a beautiful place... ;) ,all nature and peace :lol::lol:

Oh yes... eh the sounthern island(christchurch) is for natural and peace.. the northern island(Auckland) is more for shopping ;)

Was there about 3 years ago... indeed a very beautiful place... it's one of the few places that I hope to go back again after being 12 days there in 2002... ;)

They say that NZ is a different place in the summer and the winter, so even if you have been there in the summer, u have to go back in the winter....

And yes, Lake Tekapo is beautiful... :yeah:

DA, did you go to Hanmer Springs?? I did the bungee jump there! Shiok! :P 3 days before that, I did the bungee jump at Mt Hutt.... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Was there about 3 years ago... indeed a very beautiful place... it's one of the few places that I hope to go back again after being 12 days there in 2002... ;)

They say that NZ is a different place in the summer and the winter, so even if you have been there in the summer, u have to go back in the winter....

And yes, Lake Tekapo is beautiful... :yeah:

DA, did you go to Hanmer Springs?? I did the bungee jump there! Shiok! :P 3 days before that, I did the bungee jump at Mt Hutt.... :P

Yes yes.. for photography... its a MUST go place....

I went there spring.. Hope to try out the winter as during winter the lake are calmer and easier to take reflection shot...

Sadly my trip is only 7-8 days so din manage to go many places

Yes yes.. for photography... its a MUST go place....

I went there spring.. Hope to try out the winter as during winter the lake are calmer and easier to take reflection shot...

Sadly my trip is only 7-8 days so din manage to go many places

Nevermind bro... can always go back again, but the 13 hour flight can be killing!! :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

did you guys go around NZ with a tour group or self drive? which way better for first timer there? :D

I suggest self-drive... although it requires a little getting used to, but it's more enjoyable that way, own time own target and also, it's pretty simple to navigate as long as you have a map... :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

I did the self drive too and I couldn't agree more with RAV-65, the flexibility and freedom that came with driving is amazing!

D.A: Nice pics, keep coming.

Yup.. ;)

It's one of the most relaxing holidays I had... instead of the usual rush and shop and buy! :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

I suggest self-drive... although it requires a little getting used to, but it's more enjoyable that way, own time own target and also, it's pretty simple to navigate as long as you have a map... :)

Yup... self drive is more enjoyable(tired too of course).. Also own timing means you can get photo at the type of background and at any timing(sunset/ rise) you want....

Drive to milfoprd sound can be abit dangerous winy and steep road... long drive 12hrs so better to have sometime to take over from you when returning....

In my family, not one of us can drive so we took the coach service offered... Simple, easy and you get to cover most things.....

When you reach christchurch or any town.. look for this place call I place... They provide wonderful information and also help you book or organise tour....

lastly, ppl there are VERY FRIENDLY ;)

I did the self drive too and I couldn't agree more with RAV-65, the flexibility and freedom that came with driving is amazing!

D.A: Nice pics, keep coming.

Thanks....

bro fuel: LOL, my pic cannot lah.. not good enought o film LOTR..... maybe lord of the bangle :lol::lol:

LOL... my trip to NZ was only 9 hrs cos of strong tail wind.. Back longer 9/1/2hr

I remember it was longer... but maybe I remember wrongly... maybe tonight if I not too tired, will post some of the pics I took when I was there... :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg