bidding for zoos

hmkui

• SRC Member

well.. nowadays.. there have been lots of bidding esp for zoos.. recent one was posted by another reefer.. who selling its frag from the starting bid of 20... and cap at certain $xx amount.... was surprised by his action.. as initially... he was out to help others by telling others that the bidding price was too high which he could get the zoos for only a single figure... and of cos been slammed by other reefer and disrupt that particular sales ... although he action is disturbing but i m nevertheless quite impressed by his boldness...

but now.. he is doing it himself... my points is... where does the line being drawn... esp so when at 1 point you are trying to help others.. while the other u are committing the same mistakes... and worst.. if the frag was really been sold he would not only recovered cost but the same time making profits out of it....

so.. should i concluded that we human are only able to look at others ppl mistake but cannot see oneself.. committing the same mistake... <_<<_<

i rest my case... and those who wish to rebut my point pls make sure it is concrete... and don't voice yr opinion if you are not sure of what i m talking about... or just want to jump into conclusion and stirr shit around... and bared in mind i m not a newbie... for your info...

Maybe the mods can discuss whether we should put a rule to ban bidding

I don't see any benefits of it in any way other than earning profits

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

well.. i not opposing to the bidding system.. neither do i see a point of stopping it.... i also do not oppose to making profits during the sale... (willing buyer and seller)

what i opposed is the character and integrity of the sale been put up by the individual.....

• SRC Member

just my two cents view but i thought this hobby was to share and enjoy. but what the bidding system does is allowing the seller to get the best out of the deal.

But then again, one is willing to buy and other willing to sell. To each his own, i guess. Different ppl join the hobby for different reasons. we can't force our views on them.

• SRC Member

I feel that the primary objective of SRC is to promote marine hobby and allows interaction between reefers. Not for pple to make $$$ from livestocks and equipments.

If there is really a need for seller to put up a bidding for some kind of rare item, it is better to conduct in private, thru PM or emails.

• SRC Member
just my two cents view but i thought this hobby was to share and enjoy. but what the bidding system does is allowing the seller to get the best out of the deal

I feel that the primary objective of SRC is to promote marine hobby and allows interaction between reefers. Not for pple to make $$$ from livestocks and equipments

well... to be honest i personally have nothing against the bidding system or.. those who want to make some quick bucks out of the sale items... for example

reefer A... keeping sps.. for many yrs.. the sps grow too big so he frag and sell... for a profit.. (i don't think anyone will against him for selling for a profit.. even under bidding system he recovered his cost for his original price of sps)

reefer B... bought sps from LFS.. frag it into small pieces post it and sell it and not only did he recovered the cost of the sps... he get to keep the mother colony

(nothing wrong with that as well... i think reefer B is a smart guy... )

reefer C... slammed the reefer B for being unethical.. but discovered that what he is doing is a smart move...and follows reefer B steps later on... (this is something i can't stand... I mean where is yr stand)

I think we should be responsible adult.. when conducting sales.... don't sell things which you yrself will feel silly buying it .... esp so when u sell to those newbie who don't know the actual price of the corals... and reaping profits from them... think what will happen if you are in their shoes.. or you yrself been reap off from other reefers.... and this doesnt stop at reefer who are new.. it also applies to those who are more senior.... and this is the worst case.. for senior reefers.. trying to pull off some sale.. which what you are selling is totally a joke of the year... it only dampen yr character esp so.. when the reefing circle is so small....

• SRC Member

hey pal,

just a general comments, if you dun feel good...and feel "pek chey" on this issue....dont join the queue lor! simple as that!

just like me..cos i dun like bidding...but if they wanna bidding scheme, let them be!

relax and theres nothing to fuss abt! :D

peace!

I mean since there's so many people opposing it and there's no benefit to it, won't it be good to stop it?

Maybe we can hold a petition :)

• SRC Member

Willing buyer willing seller..

Sometimes a bid can be beneficial to the buyer if he can afford it at his own comfortable price..

Sometimes a bidless sales end up buyer being aeroplaned by seller bcos seller sold to another who offered higher price

A bidding system can perhaps provide some transparency??

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member

if the mods say nothing abt the bidding system, then so be it ...

but as a bidder, juz ask urself how comfortable u r at paying for

something that u had not seen with ur own 2 eye before.

all in all, i myself try not to participate in bids (only once :P) coz of my

own principle ... other than that ... willing buyer, willing seller :P

willing buyer juz dun whine if the deal turns sour :P cioz the item

is not of ur expectation

• SRC Member

well guys.. all along i never opposed to the bidding system.. neither am i losing my cool about the bidding system nor the sales conducted in the pasa malam.. ... my intention is to highlights to some ppl.... to be more responsible for both yrself and others.... don't treat other ppl kindness as their weakness.... nor laughing or condemn others ppl mistake where you commit the same mistake later on....

anyway.. i think my point have been put across... will closed this thread....

thanks for those who have posted....

• SRC Member

I think everyone has missed the point here. hmkui is not talking about whether bidding is correct or not. Or whether the mod should do something about it.

He is talking about ethics and integrity. A person processing both will not go into another person's bid to discredit the seller, discourage the buyers and proceed to do the same thing that he accuse the seller of doing.

• SRC Member
I think everyone has missed the point here. hmkui is not talking about whether bidding is correct or not. Or whether the mod should do something about it.

He is talking about ethics and integrity. A person processing both will not go into another person's bid to discredit the seller, discourage the buyers and proceed to do the same thing that he accuse the seller of doing.

yap that is what he is trying to said .....

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

• SRC Member

well.. at last.. someone get to see my point .... :rolleyes::rolleyes: thanks bro....

Yes, I got your point

It's like a smoker telling someone to quit smoking

But this bidding trend is doing us no good and I think something must be done :)

• SRC Member
But this bidding trend is doing us no good and I think something must be done :)

I don't agree with this.

Seller get a profit and buyer choose to buy or not to buy.

So long as they dun bid irrationally

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member

:lol::lol::lol: hmkui, didn't know you are here to lead the very interesting discussion :D wow! honour to see you post :bow::P and you are cool guy... and i can't imagine to see you loss your cool B)

anyway, after reading through your post... i guess some have missed your point. i am award of what was going on in pasa malam (hardly participate now a day). ya... some of the coral i saw is worth to bid for. but i also saw some (itchy hand) like to disturb others sale. and that person himself, who discredited the seller, he himself did the same thing of what he preached earlier that he believed it was wrong. yapz... integrity is the key word and it is not so much about biding system.

age.png

• SRC Member
hmkui, didn't know you are here to lead the very interesting discussion  wow! honour to see you post  and you are cool guy... and i can't imagine to see you loss your cool

anyway, after reading through your post... i guess some have missed your point. i am award of what was going on in pasa malam (hardly participate now a day). ya... some of the coral i saw is worth to bid for. but i also saw some (itchy hand) like to disturb others sale. and that person himself, who discredited the seller, he himself did the same thing of what he preached earlier that he believed it was wrong. yapz... integrity is the key word and it is not so much about biding system.

haha.. hi bro... how have u been.... don't worry.. didn't lose my cool... u know me... i don't get upset over reefing matters... reason for posting this.. is just to highlight to some ppl... irregards whether they are newbie or senior reefer... just be responsible... and try not to take advantage on others... even thou we could do that .... but the money earn... doesn't worth it.. esp so if yr reputation or character been tarnish by it....

hmm.. think is kopi time.. will call all u guys out for kopi.. somewhere next wk ya... see ya..

• SRC Member
well guys.. all along i never opposed to the bidding system.. neither am i losing my cool about the bidding system nor the sales conducted in the pasa malam.. ... my intention is to highlights to some ppl.... to be more responsible for both yrself and others.... don't treat other ppl kindness as their weakness.... nor laughing or condemn others ppl mistake where you commit the same mistake later on....

i do not think we missed out the point of your OP. However, rather than

pin-pointing to a particular person ... another way is to shut down the system.

Its easier to shutdown the system than to make a person change.

If we want the mod to do something, the only thing they can do is to ban

or change the bidding system here in SRC. i dun think the mod can do

anything to the person coz he's not doing anything wrong in a technical sense.

That's what I am trying to bring about

Banning bidding would bring us more good than bad

Do you guys agree that we start a petition? :huh:

• SRC Member

haha.. hi bro... how have u been.... don't worry.. didn't lose my cool... u know me... i don't get upset over reefing matters... reason for posting this.. is just to highlight to some ppl... irregards whether they are newbie or senior reefer... just be responsible... and try not to take advantage on others... even thou we could do that .... but the money earn... doesn't worth it.. esp so if yr reputation or character been tarnish by it....

hmm.. think is kopi time.. will call all u guys out for kopi.. somewhere next wk ya... see ya..

hahahaha... that's why i always like your cool B) and muar chee you love you more when you stay your cool style :fear::P (didn't see him here for some time)

make it early next week la... i won't be in town from thu-next mon. and will be away again next wed - sat :P after that, will be confined at home to complete my assignements :cry:

age.png