Zoos!

kraziworm83

• SRC Member

1st n 2nd pic are both eagle eye, just maybe collected from different area or due to tank condition.

Maybe you're right Bro. As one was imported from US directly and the other was told from I think Indonesian or Philippine waters. Not too sure.

• SRC Member

Most of the more colourful Zoas are from Philippines. Even some US zoas are imported from there too.

So don't mistake US Zoas means it from US it might be from Philippines too. Check Henry's Zoas n you'll know what I mean.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member
Most of the more colourful Zoas are from Philippines. Even some US zoas are imported from there too.

So don't mistake US Zoas means it from US it might be from Philippines too. Check Henry's Zoas n you'll know what I mean.

Agree but all i'm sayin is that the zoo in the 2nd pic was shipped in from US.

Maybe the US ppl got it from Philippines that I wouldn't know.If that's the case then my friend would have been ripped off. :erm:

• SRC Member
And anyway that frag is gone now. :cry2::( .. Gotta start my search once again for the short tentacle eagle-eye. Gonna be hard though.

Maybe go Hong Kong like you said. :idea:

Hahaha, good choice if you want ot go HK for LS/ corals. Damn cheap.

Anyway, don't mistaken that I'm pulling you down on the Zoas.

With regards to long n short tentacles. I experience that will adequate light the tentacle and stalk of the Zoas wouldn't too long. For example, my red skirt Zoas use to be long tentacle and stalk until I install 2 x 39W Blue over it n they all got shorter.

• 4 weeks later...

I might pay $10 for it... if I like it and if the shop got proper lighting to bring out the colours (especially the yellow center)... really depends on where you bought it, if buy from market environment without proper lighting, then expect it to be $5

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Hahaha, good choice if you want ot go HK for LS/ corals. Damn cheap.

Anyway, don't mistaken that I'm pulling you down on the Zoas.

With regards to long n short tentacles. I experience that will adequate light the tentacle and stalk of the Zoas wouldn't too long. For example, my red skirt Zoas use to be long tentacle and stalk until I install 2 x 39W Blue over it n they all got shorter.

I think the long/short tentacles also have something to do with current flow... I experienced Zoas with longer tentacles when the flow is high :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
I think the long/short tentacles also have something to do with current flow... I experienced Zoas with longer tentacles when the flow is high :)

Yes, that could be one of the reason too. I run a Tunze 6060 in my small 4.5' x 1' x 2.5' tank. Their tentacles are damn long then. Maybe now that I had not clean the Tunze for 6 months the flow becomes lesser so the tentacles are shorter.

• 2 weeks later...