Tunze Protein Skimmer 9010

Eudaceous

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I wanted to install an AVI movie clip to show you the tunze in actionm however this forum wouln not enable me to do so. I will come back an dupdate the Tunze 9010 skimming capapbilities further. As off now 3.42 pm and oafter about 2 hours of firing things look pretty good. BTW how do you convert AVI to mpg format?

Hope the review helps so far. (My prata above...)

post-14-1132818310.jpg

• SRC Member
seems like this skimmer breaks in quite fast. looks like a good skimmer. rated for how many litlres?

Recommended for aquariums up to 1,000 l (264 US gal.) of salt water.

Dimentions: L125 X W113 x H418 mm (L4.9 x W4.4 x H16.8 in.)

Pump wattage: 21 W

Voltage / Frequency: 230 V / 50 Hz

Water throughput: 1,200 l/h (317 US gal./h); air capacity: 650 l/h (171 US gal./h); skimmer cup volume: .7 l (.18 US gal.)

Looks gd to me too... more pics more pics...

actually i oso have tunze lobang hehehe

post-304-1148825424.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gifmadboy.gif

That just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to,

doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.

• SRC Member

6 hours after firing, I realised I made a mistake in identifyinh the 9010 nipples. Yes there are two nipple apparently. One small, and one large. The large nipple is meant for air intake while the Ozone should go in at the small nipple at the back. I have rerouted the Ozone to the smaller nipple. Also according to the manual, 1 mg of Ozone per 100l, so that makes my tank 640 l = 6.4 mg. This I have adjusted accordingly.

post-14-1132830218.jpg

• SRC Member

The blue nipple is meant to control water level too. If I allow more air, the foam level drops. Also I dont think there will be dark skimmate cos I am using Ozone. Anyway we will see anyway. Attack is the closest I can get from my Canon g-5 at macro nightmode. I hope you can see the bubbles. All in all it ranges from 2 to 7 mm.. Bigger bubbles at the top.

post-14-1132832673.jpg

• SRC Member

Looks good...

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

Not trying to hijack, Eudaceous, but just would like people anxious for this review to know that i did something searching at RC(was searching for potential next skimmer the tunze 9002) and apparently it replaces their old series and which was very well received.One post even went as far as to comment that it 'crushes' the Remora.

Eud's model being a big brother to the 9002 i'm sure we're gonna be seeing some good stuff here.

Great Review! Thanks for the efforts! :bow:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

I really can't wait to see the skimmate(although as they say, skimmate colour doesn't matter but still excited)

Anyway Eudaceous, just thought should let you know, was reading on ozone last night and apparently overdosing will cause much reduction in skimmate. Not sure if you read about this before already but just thought that should mention just in case ;)

All the best on the new toy!

• SRC Member

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback and interest shown in this topic. Me not making any commission at all from this. Just thought I want to let the smaller guys with smaller budget know that we can get good stuff without breaking our wallets.

Anyway I have been using Ozone for a while so I understand the impact of this gas on skimmate. What I like about Ozone is that it helps corals from contracting RTN (Rapid Tissue Necrosis). Yes it also significantly dissolves (DOC) and this reduces the Kopi-O colour o fthe skimmate.

Its been close to 24 hours and I have feed my fishes and corals (Brine shrips, Henry's food and F2 pelllets for my Tangs)..DOnt worry I am not overdosing them. All these given in small amounts. And the skimmate you see below is really magnificent.

post-14-1132892545.jpg

• SRC Member

23 hours mark and still counting. BTW the breaking in period for the Tunze 9010 is anything from 3 days till 2 weeks, according to the manual. This is only 24 hours..I am quite positive that this is 'the skimmer' for low budget reefers who wants high performance. I am hoping it could rival the Deltec APF600. If you are using it, can you give a comparison based on 24 hours of skimming? Thanks :)

post-14-1132892619.jpg