My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

Oh I LOVE it!!! Oh dear... my keyboard spoilt liao... need waterproofing :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Oh I LOVE it!!! Oh dear... my keyboard spoilt liao... need waterproofing :pinch: :pinch: :pinch:

Lucky I saved it in a bottle and its wonderfully chilled in my fridge :eyeblur: So no need to drool ya ...

ok , here's a shot of the blennies.. Saw both of them chasing each other , jus like the Hindi movie :lol: But can't really take a stable shot it :pinch:

post-4134-1200661283.jpg

post-4134-1200661356.jpg

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Bro remove that bottle of skimmate from your fridge lah :sick: :sick: :sick: I come collect can? :paiseh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

I change my mind liao... water my plants as fertilizer instead :pinch: Next time will save it for u ya :lol:

Here's mangrove to add in some greens for my sump tank... Notice the egg crates ? Jus did over the weekend to hold the mangroves with cable tie :rolleyes: Also cultivating cheatos in a sump compartment which my cam can't access to :ph34r:

post-4134-1200670869.jpg

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

This is the greenest I have ever came across too :yeah: Make it OPEN :angel:

• SRC Member

Bro Lum, Jervis and S.T, :thanks::thanks: ... indeed the green sunnies are very very green, but now the challenge is to get them to opem <_< So far, they have puff up as it gonna burst open with their tentacles any moment :upsidedown: Gonna have a sunny corner soon... Hope it would shine during new year time ....

S.T, when spotted the blenny again , will inform u ya :lol:

Meanwhile, here's my Beehive :P Its not a acan, isn't it ? :unsure:

post-4134-1200732985.jpg

• SRC Member
yo bro! just got home ah? anyway hows your convict? thanks for the ride today man! :)

Yup... jus home... convict is placed under house arrest liao... Now happily mingling with his other mates :whistle I think u can go ahead for the stocking of corals for the coming new year :rolleyes: Nice to have met up with Thomas Lim, sincere and friendly guy :bow:

• Moderators
Yup... jus home... convict is placed under house arrest liao... Now happily mingling with his other mates :whistle I think u can go ahead for the stocking of corals for the coming new year :rolleyes: Nice to have met up with Thomas Lim, sincere and friendly guy :bow:

Nice meeting you too!!!

Can go chiong LFS together some day :yeah:

Btw, curious to know where you got the blackie blenny :ooh:

Still thinking of the name of that little guy u seen in my tank.. Will try and let re-call. Old liao :(

Tom

• SRC Member
Nice meeting you too!!!

Can go chiong LFS together some day :yeah:

Btw, curious to know where you got the blackie blenny :ooh:

Still thinking of the name of that little guy u seen in my tank.. Will try and let re-call. Old liao :(

LOL... nice guy and nice tank too :rolleyes: Cheong LFS , sure bro, anytime :D

Regarding the blackie blenny, here's the link....Black Sailfin Blenny

There's been alot of reefers lately asking where I got this fellow and the answer is, from Ah Beng. Happen to be the only fellow and stocks jus came in. I wiill keep u too posted should I come across it again ya... :)

hanks for the link of ur very cute and unique "Red Head Elegant Pseudochromis" Hummm... from the look of it sure resembles like the dottyback family, but the name "Pseudochromis" seems also to tell us tat hybrid from chromis family too ?? :o:P

Here's an upload pic of ur cutie. Pic from Marine Ctr B)

untitled.bmp

• SRC Member

Here's a FTS taken abt 2 months back. Lazy to take fresh FTS. But nevertheless, its abt the same... Jus got back my 6 ft blue tub, so gonna go for back breaking rescape ... My dearest Wife has agreed to help me out... makes me so greatful to her :paiseh: Would like to say Thanks to Cyder, Kennethk and a few others who offered to help me for the rescape.. :bow::thanks:

There again, will updates some pics tomoro nite... if not too tire ok :pinch:

post-4134-1200758484.jpg

• SRC Member
hanks for the link of ur very cute and unique "Red Head Elegant Pseudochromis" Hummm... from the look of it sure resembles like the dottyback family, but the name "Pseudochromis" seems also to tell us tat hybrid from chromis family too ?? :o:P

Pseudo means wanna-be

thus in this case, PseudoChromis means this fella wanna be a chromis.. but end up being in dottyback family... wat a loser.. :whistle

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Here's a FTS taken abt 2 months back. Lazy to take fresh FTS. But nevertheless, its abt the same... Jus got back my 6 ft blue tub, so gonna go for back breaking rescape ... My dearest Wife has agreed to help me out... makes me so greatful to her :paiseh: Would like to say Thanks to Cyder, Kennethk and a few others who offered to help me for the rescape.. :bow::thanks:

Bro,

Ur tank can be considered as Drop-off or wall liao.. too high.. hahahha..

anyway, enjoy ur rescape.. lucky fella, got ppl to help u.. i DIY today from 10am till 5.30pm.. now, back wanna break.. not to mention, i rehook up my "serviced" wavebox and relocated some tunzes.. :eyebrow: , now waiting for my white dried rocks to turn purple.. <_<

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

very beautiful tank there bro. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
wah bro, a lot of gems inside.. i think after the rescape it will be sui sui already! all ready for the new year! hehe hopefuly my barletts will be able to see the new year too!!! hahaha

very beautiful tank there bro

:thanks: To Bro Cyder and Prata Lover...

W.H, ur barletts will be ur proud fishes in the tank during CNY la... :eyebrow:

Bro,

Ur tank can be considered as Drop-off or wall liao.. too high.. hahahha..

anyway, enjoy ur rescape.. lucky fella, got ppl to help u.. i DIY today from 10am till 5.30pm.. now, back wanna break.. not to mention, i rehook up my "serviced" wavebox and relocated some tunzes.. , now waiting for my white dried rocks to turn purple..

Well, bro, jus finished rescape... and boy it was BACK BREAKING !!! :eyeblur: Thought my wife could help me out, but seeing her carrying my rocks with such difficulty, told her to rest instead and landed all by myself rescaping :pinch: LOl... u must be rubbing tiger balm right now ya... I even mopped the floor to prevent my wife sulking at me over the mess. :P

But after rescape, found tat the scape looks no difference from the original lei :fear: Well, here's the pic and all comments are jus welcome.. shoot me ya :lol: now some shots of the pre scape pics .. the tub and jerry cans of NSW :ooh:

post-4134-1200840445.jpg

post-4134-1200840470.jpg

• SRC Member

new look :ph34r: managed to create a few caves for the fishes to swim thru... also allow more gaps for the magnet cleaner to go thru.. Used to have pertruding rock scape near the glass wall, thus unable to clean some parts :sick: water still very cloudy after scape...

post-4134-1200841646.jpg

post-4134-1200841657.jpg

post-4134-1200841670.jpg