My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

u removed all the rocks? u are a brave man.. i only add and remove some rocks, leaving the base alone and it is already killing me... can imagine if i remove all the rocks.. i probably need 1 day 1 nite.. hahaha...

hey, i recognise that orange acan from somewhere.. kekeke... btw, u not scare ur hammers being so close to ur green prata ah?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Woww.. bro Ft, this is tuff work :eyeblur: i personal done this b4 all body pain like killing :eyeblur:

But Now your tank look so different..SO nice :shock::bow: WELL DONE bro :peace:

Ya really tough work indeed. whole night cannot sleep well and tosing on bed, feeling aches here and there... now worse lor but gotta work :pinch: I have scale down quite a number of rocks and try to accomodate the present corals :rolleyes:

Well done bro nice caves u create there n fully loaded jam pack reef aquarium.

Haha... thought after scape, can have more space to stock up but think its hard now to include more corals <_< Also took the apportunity to get rid of some fishes, rocks, corals and debris blah blah... :whistle

Happen to saw some normal sunnies, so bought them and glued them on the rocks to start a sunny corner :lol:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Ya really tough work indeed. whole night cannot sleep well and tosing on bed, feeling aches here and there... now worse lor but gotta work :pinch: I have scale down quite a number of rocks and try to accomodate the present corals :rolleyes:

Haha... thought after scape, can have more space to stock up but think its hard now to include more corals <_< Also took the apportunity to get rid of some fishes, rocks, corals and debris blah blah... :whistle

Happen to saw some normal sunnies, so bought them and glued them on the rocks to start a sunny corner :lol:

hahaha.. enjoy feeding them.. i clear my 30+ colonies after i cannot feed them on a regular basis.. now keeping blastos instead.. hahaha

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
u removed all the rocks? u are a brave man.. i only add and remove some rocks, leaving the base alone and it is already killing me... can imagine if i remove all the rocks.. i probably need 1 day 1 nite.. hahaha...

hey, i recognise that orange acan from somewhere.. kekeke... btw, u not scare ur hammers being so close to ur green prata ah?

Yup :eyebrow: all rocks removed !!! Now suffer like an aging old man :cry: aches here n there. Started from ard 2 pm. Remover corals, rocks and catch all fishes out. Then rescape slow and painfully. Got 7 cans of jerry can water too :ooh: everything all by myself.. Think will not torch scaping for a while time from now :evil:

U mean the Orange Beehive ?? :lol: The more I look at it the more it resembles a beehive :pinch: Regarding the hammers pics tat u see, its actually sitting in a pit hole quite far from the prata ar.. so to sting the prata, he got to stretch damn LONGgggg :P

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
hahaha.. enjoy feeding them.. i clear my 30+ colonies after i cannot feed them on a regular basis.. now keeping blastos instead.. hahaha

U mean U got 30+ colonies fo sunnies ? :ooh: Can imagine the brightness of ur Living room :lol:B) Usually, I feed some cyclopeeze first to get the tentacle out, then flood the tank with brine and mysis shrimps... that way, I need not do target feeding and the sunnies are happy with wat they gets too :D

• SRC Member
Steady lah bro.. think all the corals are happier now too.. plus after the water clear up, i believe your tank will look as good as new! sian lah yesterday went to AM, they ran out of the blades liao...end of the month man..

Better to call them b4 popping over to get the blade as usually sells out quite fast... If I spotted new stocks for it, will get one for u ya :rolleyes: ... I do think the corals are happier now. The fishes readily explore the new scapes and corals opens up withing an hour into the tank. Skimmer is working really hard now.. dunno whether to add corals on the sand bed, now tat got some space for it :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
err....bro, you sure you rescape? how come still looks the same.....:D :D :D

:paiseh: Ya lor... but got more under ground tunnel (KPE/CTE) for the fishes to swim into :whistle U got more goodies to let go ? :P

• SRC Member
Better to call them b4 popping over to get the blade as usually sells out quite fast... If I spotted new stocks for it, will get one for u ya :rolleyes: ... I do think the corals are happier now. The fishes readily explore the new scapes and corals opens up withing an hour into the tank. Skimmer is working really hard now.. dunno whether to add corals on the sand bed, now tat got some space for it :eyebrow:

haha bro, then mai tu liao lah... cheong for corals!! :)

• SRC Member
U mean U got 30+ colonies fo sunnies ? :ooh: Can imagine the brightness of ur Living room :lol:B) Usually, I feed some cyclopeeze first to get the tentacle out, then flood the tank with brine and mysis shrimps... that way, I need not do target feeding and the sunnies are happy with wat they gets too :D

i used to have.. yes.. i pour in cyclopeeze to get the tenacles out.. then pour more cyclopeeze into the water column. too much work for me.. i wan to enjoy my hobby, not slave over it.. the scape is killing me.. backache big time today at work.. :pinch:

• SRC Member
err....bro, you sure you rescape? how come still looks the same.....:D :D :D

our fnd like drop off look mah.. hahaha...

Sean,

when u wan to help me to catch out my foxface? :whistle

• SRC Member
our fnd like drop off look mah.. hahaha...

Sean,

when u wan to help me to catch out my foxface? :whistle

Actually I like the idea of 2 to 3 mountains with valleys in between. But hor... dun have the luxury space like A Diver's tank, need snorkel to do scape and coral arrangement ma :whistle:yeah:

Due to many corals tat I can't bear to let go, so no choice but to do a drop off scape again lor... :fear:

Humm.... for ur fox face, I'll have to turn into a vixien to lure the fellow into my trap jus to catch him.. :lol: Wat I do to catch those smart and intelligent fellow, fish them out or be like me, rescape :P If u really need me to try , sms me la n I will pop over with my fishing tools :D

• SRC Member
i used to have.. yes.. i pour in cyclopeeze to get the tenacles out.. then pour more cyclopeeze into the water column. too much work for me.. i wan to enjoy my hobby, not slave over it.. the scape is killing me.. backache big time today at work.. :pinch:

Haha... looks like we share the same method of trying to lure the tentacles of sunnies out in order for them to be fed easier. But I do also notice tat if u feed prawn meat to ur pratas/cyna/bubbles, the sunnies for sure would react very fast , extending their hungry feeders out promptly :eyebrow: But there again, aren't we already "Slaves" to our fishes n corals ?? :ph34r:

And Y must u remind me of "Pain, Backaches and rescape" when I have already been number by the "PAIN" !!! :angry: Later I go buy for myself a "Tiger Balm" to soothe my pain and get one for u too ya :lol: But U got to ask ur Honey to rub for u la :sick: For ur tank, really joke to do even the slightest scape, judging from ur tank specs :bow:

Due to many corals tat I can't bear to let go, so no choice but to do a drop off scape again lor... :fear:

Haha... that's what I told myself when I looked at your rescaped tank last night... like not much change :heh: :heh: :heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Haha... that's what I told myself when I looked at your rescaped tank last night... like not much change :heh: :heh: :heh:

Ya lor.... :paiseh: if do the mountain scape, sure got no space for all the corals. Then will have heartaches selling them. Drop by when U at A.M to see my humble tank anytime :lol:

• SRC Member

Prefer the new cleaner and neat looks :)

6x2x2.5 FOWLR

Skimmer - Recirculating Custom Beckett Fr - Skimz Fr Return - OR6500/1262 Wavemaker - Tunze 6060 x 2 Light - 2x5ft FL Blue+White

Chiller - CL650

4x4x2 SPS

Skimmer - DeltecAP851 Fr - Skimz FR Return - OR6500 Wavemaker - 2xTunze wavebox +Ts24 Light - 3x250w MH + 8 ATi t5

CR - Deltec pF601s Chiller - Arctica Titanium Commercial Chiller

3.5x2x2 REEF

Skimmer - HnS150-2001 Fr - Skimz Fr Wavemaker - Tunze Ts 24 Return - 1262 Lights - Solite 2x150W MH + 4 Ati T5 CR - Skimz CR NR - Nr1000 Chiller - Arctica Titanium 1/5

• SRC Member
Prefer the new cleaner and neat looks :)

Ya slightly neater and cleaner for sure. also threw away lottsa of small rocks and rubbish within the old rock scape. Drop by n u will notice the difference. Pic hard to narrate for the new scape :upsidedown:

• SRC Member
Actually I like the idea of 2 to 3 mountains with valleys in between. But hor... dun have the luxury space like A Diver's tank, need snorkel to do scape and coral arrangement ma :whistle:yeah:

Humm.... for ur fox face, I'll have to turn into a vixien to lure the fellow into my trap jus to catch him.. :lol: Wat I do to catch those smart and intelligent fellow, fish them out or be like me, rescape :P If u really need me to try , sms me la n I will pop over with my fishing tools :D

ok.. let me know when u free to turn into a vixen.. hahaha.. my foxface just wun enter the trap...

that is wat i did for my new scaping.. more valleys... now need more corals to fill up the void.. too empty.. ur corals can put at my place too.. if u find too much.. hahahha

• SRC Member
Haha... looks like we share the same method of trying to lure the tentacles of sunnies out in order for them to be fed easier. But I do also notice tat if u feed prawn meat to ur pratas/cyna/bubbles, the sunnies for sure would react very fast , extending their hungry feeders out promptly :eyebrow: But there again, aren't we already "Slaves" to our fishes n corals ?? :ph34r:

And Y must u remind me of "Pain, Backaches and rescape" when I have already been number by the "PAIN" !!! :angry: Later I go buy for myself a "Tiger Balm" to soothe my pain and get one for u too ya :lol: But U got to ask ur Honey to rub for u la :sick: For ur tank, really joke to do even the slightest scape, judging from ur tank specs :bow:

wait till u see the pic.. u peng... hahaha.. now my ribs also aching... only completed one side.. still hv the other ridge to go.. :pinch:

• SRC Member

:cry2::cry::cry2: HELP.... My living Room got flooded !!! :cry2: Found out that the "Outler" rubber hose from chiller which is supposed to rtn back to the sump actually got slipped out of the sump tank and ended up behind my tank :eyeblur:

The rubber sucker tat was gripping the rubber hose due to prolong usage, got harden and last its grip, therefore resulting the flood !!! :ph34r:

I didn't notice the flood till I hear splashing sound from the sump tank. The sump water drop causes the auto top up to constantly top up fresh water !!! thus drawing my attention to investigate :eyeblur:

Lucky was tat I happen to be at home, which was quite fortunate :pinch: Can't image me and my wife returning from work and "hell Break Lose" when my wife sees it ...

My whole body which still aches from the scaping, now got double the aches !!! :sick: Sigh....

Lesson learnt... Rubber sucker dun last for long. They will harden and loses its grip on the glass panel. I will think of a solution to counter this problem.... Will drop by a hardware shop to get a Uncle to do a Acrylic holder to grip on the rubber hose.. Will take pics once the D.I.Y holder is in place :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

Oh no man bro! there was once, my FR return also did the same which flooded the whole floor.. i dont use a rubber sucker but i just make sure my hose is long enough so that it just leans against the sump tank.. i think by doing so it wont slip out..