My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• SRC Member
:cry2::cry::cry2: HELP.... My living Room got flooded !!! :cry2: Found out that the "Outler" rubber hose from chiller which is supposed to rtn back to the sump actually got slipped out of the sump tank and ended up behind my tank :eyeblur:

The rubber sucker tat was gripping the rubber hose due to prolong usage, got harden and last its grip, therefore resulting the flood !!! :ph34r:

I didn't notice the flood till I hear splashing sound from the sump tank. The sump water drop causes the auto top up to constantly top up fresh water !!! thus drawing my attention to investigate :eyeblur:

Lucky was tat I happen to be at home, which was quite fortunate :pinch: Can't image me and my wife returning from work and "hell Break Lose" when my wife sees it ...

My whole body which still aches from the scaping, now got double the aches !!! :sick: Sigh....

Lesson learnt... Rubber sucker dun last for long. They will harden and loses its grip on the glass panel. I will think of a solution to counter this problem.... Will drop by a hardware shop to get a Uncle to do a Acrylic holder to grip on the rubber hose.. Will take pics once the D.I.Y holder is in place :rolleyes:

oh dear.. lots of mopping to do... that is why i put all my hoses in my sump..

waiting to see the DIY holder.. if its good, can help me to do one too? looking for one to hold my probes.

this remind me to check my Eheim suckers to ensure that they still work well

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

waiting to see the DIY holder.. if its good, can help me to do one too? looking for one to hold my probes.

Managed to cleaned, wiped and mopped the whole of living room in a span of 3 hrs.. Shaggy me :ph34r:

Rushed out to work immediately after the clean up. Will talk to a hardware shop boss and see what he thinks of my idea. It will be a simple acrylic rod glued to a acrylic board. then i'll glued the whole piece to the side of the sump glass panel. The rubber hose then be slot into the holder. i will no longer be worried sick tat the living room be flooded again :rolleyes:

Guess its a common nightmare for reefes to come across flooded hse :pinch:

well, here's some sunnies to brighten up my bad day :D

post-4134-1201009993.jpg

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Oh no man bro! there was once, my FR return also did the same which flooded the whole floor.. i dont use a rubber sucker but i just make sure my hose is long enough so that it just leans against the sump tank.. i think by doing so it wont slip out..

Well, thinks its reefers destiny to run into such mishap at times... Chiller spoiled(Choy), tank crashed( Choy Choy), tank crack(Choy Choy Choy) Blah blah :whistle Ur tank stable now ? Think recently there's quite a lot of shipment. Let me know if u eyeing anything, can look out for u :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of my nemo from C.F, wat do u guys thing ?? :rolleyes:

post-4134-1201010692.jpg

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

bro kelvin and shawn... hose holder can be bought from 'THAT AQUARIUM'( its the name of the LFS) at yishun blk 618... nearest mrt is khatib..

Well, thinks its reefers destiny to run into such mishap at times... Chiller spoiled(Choy), tank crashed( Choy Choy), tank crack(Choy Choy Choy) Blah blah :whistle Ur tank stable now ? Think recently there's quite a lot of shipment. Let me know if u eyeing anything, can look out for u :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of my nemo from C.F, wat do u guys thing ?? :rolleyes:

Power cut (Choy Choy Choy Choy :pinch: ) Sorry to hear about the horrific incident... well... someone should keep that fat guy Murphy busy all the time :heh:

Nice unique percula... I bought 4 Percs this morning :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
bro kelvin and shawn... hose holder can be bought from 'THAT AQUARIUM'( its the name of the LFS) at yishun blk 618... nearest mrt is khatib..

Do u know how it looks like ? :thanks:

• SRC Member
Power cut (Choy Choy Choy Choy :pinch: ) Sorry to hear about the horrific incident... well... someone should keep that fat guy Murphy busy all the time :heh:

Nice unique percula... I bought 4 Percs this morning :D

Ya away with "choy cchoy" and think we all should be preparing to usher in the "Huat Huat Ah" :thanks: for the regards pal :D See, I'm still reefing here and Jervis, do post ur 4 Percs ya. i'm sure it'll be those perculiar pattrns :eyebrow:

Like u have said b4, never go to C.F if u have no intention to get fishes there. U'll always end up with some fish home :ph34r: And if only true percs can be kept like chromis and live harmonously, I'm sure I'll also flood my tank with those nice nice nemos ..

Here's my pair of old residence :rolleyes:

post-4134-1201011836.jpg

post-4134-1201011847.jpg

• SRC Member
Er... do u think the gadget able to hold the rubber hose ? :unsure: or u think its not worth to try :thanks:

yup can... but whats your hose size??? the biggest that it can hold is the biggest ehiem hose size...

• SRC Member
:ooh: So many nice sunnies there.. eyes pains must wear B)B)

But hor, this pics shows the unopen sunnies. will try to take a pics when they are begging for food :pinch: Its time to waer ur sunglass. Ur sunnies also beri glaring lei B)

Bro Ft.. One words for these.. Jin jin ho kua some more all looks like HUAT(8) digit can bring good luck for you this coming soon
CNY

Happen to see the lobo and the colors are somehow quite nice, like rainbow color lei. Pic can't show the colors thou :cry2: Now tat u mention like "NO 8" which is "HUAT". Sure does look like it and I also wish everyone here "Huat ah nad good luck /prosperity and good health for the coming Rat New Year :idea:

Ho kua mana bo but but b careful of lobo it will burn the brain coz it happened to mine b for

Kum Sia Kum sia to both the Prata Kings. Didn't know tat lobo so fierce and can sting Brain ?? :blink: There's still a gap in between them, I will monitor if there's hint of warfare :thanks:

• SRC Member
um Sia Kum sia to both the Prata Kings. Didn't know tat lobo so fierce and can sting Brain ?? :blink: There's still a gap in between them, I will monitor if there's hint of warfare :thanks:

if u hv blastos near them, keep a distance.. my blasto stung my lobos and trachy....

shawn, u go LFS bo chio.. sigh.. let me know what u find out leh.. me in midst of stocking up too.. after i rescape my tank.. hahaha..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
if u hv blastos near them, keep a distance.. my blasto stung my lobos and trachy....

shawn, u go LFS bo chio.. sigh.. let me know what u find out leh.. me in midst of stocking up too.. after i rescape my tank.. hahaha..

Not tat bo jio la, went to get NSW water after work and T95 jus opp my hse ma. T95 still got the rainbow color lobo lei. u want ? one piece, the side slightly injured, otherwise color still ok.... :eyebrow: Wat corals u eyeing besides lobo and "Aladdin"carpets :lol:

Ya away with "choy cchoy" and think we all should be preparing to usher in the "Huat Huat Ah" :thanks: for the regards pal :D See, I'm still reefing here and Jervis, do post ur 4 Percs ya. i'm sure it'll be those perculiar pattrns :eyebrow:

Like u have said b4, never go to C.F if u have no intention to get fishes there. U'll always end up with some fish home :ph34r: And if only true percs can be kept like chromis and live harmonously, I'm sure I'll also flood my tank with those nice nice nemos ..

Here's my pair of old residence :rolleyes:

Bro FT, Hehee..Your percular happen to look quite similar as mine ler....Which I bought it from CF last 2 yrs ago....Here' e pic

of my pair. :)

• SRC Member

Wa. swe true percs bro sky... The colors are darker than mine... looks like black ocellaris :eyebrow: Nemos are a joy to add in a reef tank, their behaviours sometimes are like "lovey dovey" somethimes "chasing ard" and sometimes playing "hide n Seek"

Ur percs ever lay eyes? :unsure:

Wa. swe true percs bro sky... The colors are darker than mine... looks like black ocellaris :eyebrow: Nemos are a joy to add in a reef tank, their behaviours sometimes are like "lovey dovey" somethimes "chasing ard" and sometimes playing "hide n Seek"

Ur percs ever lay eyes? :unsure:

Laying eyes on each other? Hahaaa.... :D Not sure bout that ya....Coz I try my best not to intrude their privacy though. :paiseh::D

• SRC Member
So far for the past 2 yrs have not seen e female showing any sign of pregnancy yet...

Sigh!....Sometimes, I wonder could it be that the male is still under age or what?

I don't know..... :P:unsure::D

Because this is in Sean's thread, :P thus i say this...

Bang, show ur clownies, some AV lah.. hahaha