i scared it will die soon

anyone who is expert in taking care of seahorse pls buy him?@

i bought at 15

selling for $12

pls dun wait to make a move in view that i will drop my price

not tt i wont, but pls spare a thought for the sea horse

its yellow in color

quite cute

You shouldnt have bought in the first place... If you are not confident of keeping him...

Anyway, what tankmates are you keeping with him... SH requires a species tank and slow moving tankmates...

It will take sometime to get feeding... Try to feed with small FW shrimp... Do read up more if you wanna keep seahorse... They are delicate creature...

Anyway Upz for your sale... And hope the buyer knows how to keep him...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

sianz

cos that day the LCK uncle

i ask him if the SH is in captivity one

he say yes

then i saw him feed brine shrimp

they got eat

then later when i was choosing i ask him to throw some in again o see which SH eats so i can buy those that eat

he reluctant

so i just anyhow choose lo

so now die liao

it dont eat

sighzzz

Try to get those small FW shrimp if you are still keen in keeping him... How long you got it... It dun eat easily if it is stressed... There is alot of factor that make them feel reluctant to eat... Since most of them are feeling liao, it should start feeding if you continue to entice him...

Member of:

ok i try

i just got him for 4 days

duno leh

it seems weaker

sigh

where got sell FW shrimp

You can easily find FW shrimp at most LFS... Chose a bag with the small shrimps... Or if not packed can ask them to catch smaller ones...

Just drop it near him, it will stalk the shrimp if there is no disturbance....

Btw, its tankmates will play a big part too...

Member of:

• SRC Member

Very nice SH.

Upz for u bro. Too bad i no space now to for spare tank to keep SH

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

ok i try

i just got him for 4 days

duno leh

it seems weaker

sigh

where got sell FW shrimp

Hi SC88,

i have also purchased from 2 seahorse from LCK last saturday, my is bigger than your ! :D

IMO, select slightly bigger is better, so it is easy to feed with frozen brine shrimp(BS) else you have to look for smaller BS.

My personnel experience,

You can try mixed the frozen brine shrimp with seachem ENTRICE and GARLIC for one day before feeding them. i have personally try it and work for my 5 MI and 2 seahorse lor :P:D:lol:

My MI eat like pig and the seahorse do eat also, about 6~8 BS per feed, 3 times a day.

Hope it work for u.... <_<

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

don feed brine shrimps james.. it is not very good to the sea horse.. as the food is not enough for them.. scs88.. i bought a pair too... and my female one nvr eat for a week... now she is eating fresh water liao.. and each day she eat 2 FW shrimps.. if u don mind.. i am willing to buy from u.. ya.. u got a nice sea horse..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

don feed brine shrimps james.. it is not very good to the sea horse.. as the food is not enough for them.. scs88.. i bought a pair too... and my female one nvr eat for a week... now she is eating fresh water liao.. and each day she eat 2 FW shrimps.. if u don mind.. i am willing to buy from u.. ya.. u got a nice sea horse..

Hi LoReNsIa,

I know that BS is not so good, but it has to kick starts first lor. If the SH can eat BS, i think it is more easy to try Frozen mysis lor.

Btw, I hv mixed with zooplankton too. Hopefully can train to take pellet formula one dry food! ;):P:D:lol:

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Hi LoReNsIa,

I know that BS is not so good, but it has to kick starts first lor. If the SH can eat BS, i think it is more easy to try Frozen mysis lor.

Btw, I hv mixed with zooplankton too. Hopefully can train to take pellet formula one dry food! ;):P:D:lol:

wah.. really insane lor.. u treating them like fish? lol.. don plae la.. lol... feed them with FW shrimps or mysis..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

hi guys

really thanks for all the support

my gf haf urged me to be persistent in the care of the SH

and i haf decided to keep it

just now i saw it ate some frozen brine shrimps

tomolo i will go pasir ris to buy some live freshwater shrimps as recommended by lorensia

thanks again!!

• SRC Member

haha.. u go the shop infront of ah beng.. and u tell the lady... u wan buy FW shrimps.. for sea horse.. the lady will noe.. lol.. cause i everytime buy from her.. and she will choose small small one for mi.. ya.. tell her small small one.. lol..

• SRC Member
the one that sells some corals and fishes?

the quite tall short hair aunite ah?

Hello,

Poor horse is very timid and lonely. You should atleast get 2. Horses don't like fast swimming tankmates. They would compete for food and horses are slow or reluctant in chasing food. Don't mix it with any fast moving fishes if you can. Is easier to train it in a horse tank alone.

I would take it if you are loooooosing interest but must be atleast feeding for past few days.

Cheer!

• SRC Member

Hello,

Poor horse is very timid and lonely. You should atleast get 2. Horses don't like fast swimming tankmates. They would compete for food and horses are slow or reluctant in chasing food. Don't mix it with any fast moving fishes if you can. Is easier to train it in a horse tank alone.

I would take it if you are loooooosing interest but must be atleast feeding for past few days.

Cheer!

yup.. tt wad i think so too.. i regrets putting my previous sea horse in a reef tank.. but lesson learn.. now is juz be a good boy and get a tank for it.. ya.. :lol: