suntec tank condition

Rocky99

• SRC Member

just had my dinner at suntec.

what happened to their display tank? doesn't seem to be in good shape.

many of the tangs got ich and i never see the giant AT there anymore. the corals don't look healthy. remember seeing a big fleshy elegance coral that is no longer there.

a big contrast from 3 weeks ago when i was there.

:nc:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man ... to think that my galfriend keep asking mi to see the AT . :unsure:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
Giant AT not there anymore?? Thinking of going there to have dinner and take a look at the tank there.. seems like no need liao..

maybe cos i went there late abt 8pm, AT might be sleeping behind the rocks. but again, other fish got ich, i doubt it will survive for long. :)

• SRC Member

Was there 5 days ago, in the late morning time.

Saw a guy cleaning the tank. Went up to chat with him.

Turns out that this guy has just taken over the maintenance of the tank, and that day was his 1st day at the job.

Told me that the tank was not set up by his company. And he quite certainly do not agree with some of the setup. But nonethless, he has to work around what he deems are constraints, and to fully understand the setup.

But one question keep popping up in my head. I asked him, but couldn't get an enlightening answer.

The question: Why would the company that set up the tank not continue to maintain the tank?

BTW, the tank is not set up by Harlequine, as speculated in this forum before. The maintenance guy told me the company that set up the tank.

Was there 5 days ago, in the late morning time.

Saw a guy cleaning the tank. Went up to chat with him.

Turns out that this guy has just taken over the maintenance of the tank, and that day was his 1st day at the job.

Told me that the tank was not set up by his company. And he quite certainly do not agree with some of the setup. But nonethless, he has to work around what he deems are constraints, and to fully understand the setup.

But one question keep popping up in my head. I asked him, but couldn't get an enlightening answer.

The question: Why would the company that set up the tank not continue to maintain the tank?

BTW, the tank is not set up by Harlequine, as speculated in this forum before. The maintenance guy told me the company that set up the tank.

Gotta give my take on this...

The tank is indeed set-up by Harlequin... however, soon after they have setup the tank, due to budgeting from Suntec, they've decided to contract someone else to do the maintenance...

Hence, the person whom you spoke to... 1st day at job ( indication of new person taking over )... apparently, the new guys may not be up to the mark, and from what i understand from the people at Harlequin, the new guys only do change of water and also cleaning of the front panel glass....

Well.... there's only so much we can do about it... maybe send a petition to Suntec Managment?! :evil::evil:

Just kidding!! ;)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Gotta give my take on this...

The tank is indeed set-up by Harlequin... however, soon after they have setup the tank, due to budgeting from Suntec, they've decided to contract someone else to do the maintenance...

Hence, the person whom you spoke to... 1st day at job ( indication of new person taking over )... apparently, the new guys may not be up to the mark, and from what i understand from the people at Harlequin, the new guys only do change of water and also cleaning of the front panel glass....

Well.... there's only so much we can do about it... maybe send a petition to Suntec Managment?! :evil::evil:

Just kidding!! ;)

A very sad case.... personnels of harlequin are very sad with the loss of the beautiful corals and fishes....

• SRC Member

They don wana come out with money and all the equipment they want to save and if i not wrong the tank don't belong to suntec management and it belong to a advertising company. ;)

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

• SRC Member

Maybe can try write in a letter to AVA or SPCA tell them to do something and not letting the owner of the tank wasting our marine lifes. ;)

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

• SRC Member

What about having SRC members take over?

Get a few volunteers, organise a donation drive for edditives/equipment/LS for those who want to contribute your extras, e.t.c.........

no need charge Suntec $$, just allow SRC to put up a plaque saying "Maintained by SRC", info about SRC and who our sponsors are, some info about reefing, public awareness kinda thing e.t.c. something along this line......

In this way, we can educate the public about reefing and also about SRC (imagine the thousands of people that walk pass there everyweek!!!! :shock::lol: ) and it's a good way for SRC members to meet each other to work on their passion together, kinda like a SRC outing.....something like that :eyebrow::P Lots of work and organising though, however, it's just an idea! :P

Btw, don't quite like the TV in the tank...... :P:lol:

• SRC Member

Get a few volunteers, organise a donation drive for edditives/equipment/LS for those who want to contribute your extras, e.t.c.........

no need charge Suntec $$, just allow SRC to put up a plaque saying "Maintained by SRC", info about SRC and who our sponsors are, some info about reefing, public awareness kinda thing e.t.c. something along this line......

In this way, we can educate the public about reefing and also about SRC (imagine the thousands of people that walk pass there everyweek!!!! :shock::lol: ) and it's a good way for SRC members to meet each other to work on their passion together, kinda like a SRC outing.....something like that :eyebrow::P Lots of work and organising though, however, it's just an idea! :P

er.... do not mean to be a wet blanket.... but do you think this is viable in the long run?? as we all should jolly well know.... reef tank is a black hole.... it will be soon before all this money will get finished soon... then we gonna get money from??

how many ppl here will volunteer? how many of these volunteers will stay at this thing long? and the best question of all, who wants to start? you got to consider... if all this do not work out in the end, and with a SRC label there.. it might all backfire in the end....

but it is a good suggestion nonetheless....

sorry for being a pompus pessimistic @ss... just stating my points... then again... maybe i am trying to challenge anyone here to prove me wrong, take up the challenge and start the whole ball rolling..

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

good idea but realistically hard to do... mainly because no person in his right mind will do it for free... that's just the way the world is..

• SRC Member

Was there last saturday night abt 8pm. Saw the AT dead. Upside down trapped between some rocks... in teh middle of the tank somemore. :cry2:

Haiz... tot of going down every weekend just to see the fish i cant keep. <_<

I agree most of the tangs are in bad condition... sunken bellies... itch... Black patches on the body.

Maybe they should just stick with a tank full of colorful damsels.

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member
could be new tank syndrome... give them some time ;)

tell me who nv has ich b4?

hope they learn from mistakes....

but then again, they might end up like wisma, having FOWLR in the end...

Talking about wisma tank.All the fish in that tank are in really bad shape with ich and wounds :(