Any reviews for Resun C0500?

Jameshong

Hi reefers,

I'm thinking of getting a Resun C0500 to replace my CL650 :evil: .

Can anyone, who purchased/owned Resun C0500 chiller make a review/comment compare against CL650, in term of effectiveness, quietness..etc?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

guess its too new to have a review....maybe you should get it and let us know

:evil:

I'm currently using CL650 and it's working fine :evil: .

If the review is good, then i may decide to upgrade lor.. :P:D:lol:

Anyway, r u going to buy it and make a review there? :eyebrow: just joking...

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

Bro James,

Want is yr tank size, light and pump wattage that u are currently using?

My tank is newly setup and it's about 2 months old

All Live rock, lighting, chiller, pumps are from my previous 2.5 yrs 4x2x2' tank. ;)

My New Tank detail;

1. 3x2x2.5ft with Sump,

2. Hilux 150w MH with 2x39w T5 HO blue pro (I modified the set to all eballast

and FL tube to T5 HO myself)

3. Resun CL650 chiller

4. 80kg Live rock

Fishes;

5 moorish idol

2 Diamond watchman gobies

2 signal Gobies

1 red spotted watchman Goby

1 pink bar Goby

1 fire Shrimp

2 seahorses

with a few red, purple, brown Mushrooms, yuma, Sun Coral and plants(red grape). :lol: I intend to mix with LPS or SPS at later stage that why think of upgrading chiller and lighting(250W) :evil: !

I think the 0.5HP Chiller will hv less kick in/out that why intend to change lor! But again, all this is planning stage only :fear: !

• SRC Member

Jameshong...0.5HP chiller may not kick in/out lesser....

Think abt this....

Assuming the correct flowrate....

The time it takes to kick in depends on the amount of heat that is added (through pumps and lightings...etc) and the sensitivity of the thermostat (such as kicking in 0.5C or 1C or 1.5C from the set point)

An over size chiller will kick out faster due to its larger chilling capacity.

Looking at an example between two chillers...

Assuming equal sensitivity between the CL650 and C0500...

They will kick in at the same time but the CL650 will run longer to cool the tank and the C0500 will run for a shorter time.

Same like skimmer....bigger doesn't mean better!! :P:P:P

• 2 weeks later...

hai guys, i'm currently using it. the performance was great, it cool down my 90gal from 28 to 27deg C in about 10~15min depend on the room temp with the Matsushita compressor. the only drawback was the thermostat cut in & out too frequent, in about 0.5deg different. i'm using 2400L/H pump which is 400L/H higer than the recommended flowrate. seems like it need higher flowrate than the recommended :(

the problem was temporary solved by the support technician using a remote temp sensor probe place in my tank :lol:

btw another thing i wanted to add in is the support from local supplier was very impressive. they arrived at my door step 45min after i called up. great service :)

• SRC Member

Hi rocky...that's good to know as I also have a 5 x 2 x 2 tank, and my CL450 will bring the temp down to 27.5 but I want it down to 26.5. Was thinking of either the CL650 or CO500.

By the way, is your tank in an air-con room?

Real reefs don't have glass bottoms....(...think about it)

• SRC Member
Hi rocky...that's good to know as I also have a 5 x 2 x 2 tank, and my CL450 will bring the temp down to 27.5 but I want it down to 26.5.  Was thinking of either the CL650 or CO500.

By the way, is your tank in an air-con room?

no aircon. i put chiller in the kitchen and the tank in the dining room.

cl650 can do the job.

but since you are getting a new chiller, i suggest the C0500. the bigger compressor can run shorter periods of time, giving it more time to rest and therefore a long life span. and also just in case u decide to upgrade to a bigger tank in the near future. :)

• Sponsor
My 1yr old cl650 is also working fine. :)

for my 5x2.5x2.5

2x250w MH

2x55w T5

1xMD55

1xRio32

1xEheim 1262

1xEheim 1250

tank temp 26.5

are u sure that the 650 can cool ur tank size with 500watts MH? cause its very very under rated. :(

Even a true 1/2hp chiller will need to work hard on a 5x2.5x2.5ft with 500watts of MH

my 2 cents :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Chiller is working fine - is cooling my 5 x 2 x 2 tank easily - from 29 C down to 25 C.

Chillers runs every half hour for about 5-10 mins at a time, which sounds about right to me.

Had a vibration when it initially turns on, but the service guys seem to have fixed that now (under warranty). Assuming that it gives no more problems then i think that the C0500 is good value for money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hi cyberpig

yep, it worked straight out of the box - just need to plug it in and connect your water pipes.

If you are using the CO500, the pump should be at least 2000 - 2500 litres per hour.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Itsnot really noisy. however, the fan air movement is a little noisy, but you need to remember that it is a 1/2 HP chiller so there will always be some fan noise. In my opinion it would not be suitable to have in the same room as the tank, if the room was the living room...........

There is no 'clunking' sound when it turns on or off.

For the price, I still feel that the CO500 is good value - S$580 for a 1/2 HP chiller is quite reasonable!