What do you do for a living?

ervine

• SRC Member

:lol::lol:

you like "ah pek" leh! telling your stories!

keepz on guessing guys! i dun feel uneasy...i dun feel funny....sometimes, i feel much pamper while working with a group of ladies...cos im the KING! :P

it all depends on yourself...and how u handle your working enviroment! ;)

model agency?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

where's ur massage parlour?

Project R.E.

Main Tank: 48" x 18" x 24" 12mm with external overflow piping

Sump Tank: 28" x 14.5" x 12" (3 compartments)

Lightings: T5 HO - Hopar 3* 39w + ATI 2* 54w

Skimmer: Skimz Bullet Beckett

Chiller: Resun CL-650 (28 - 29 °C)

Wavemakers: 2* Seio M620 + 1* Hydor K2 (7100 litre / hr)

Fluidized Reactor: Skimz FR (currently empty)

Pumps: 1x Rio 32HF (Skimmer), 1x Rio 20HF (Return & Chiller)

Filtration: more than 80kg LRs, chaeto

Water Circulation: ~ 4000 litre / hr

Future Plans: additional wavemaker, DIY algae scrubber, DIY overflow box

Previously:

Project R : 36" x 12" x 24" 10mm reef

• SRC Member
I'm in the government sector, doing research. Nothing too spectacular.. ;)

I may be getting a research post (gov sector too) in near future..

but to think of it.. isnt it demoralizing?? when u dont see urself producing enu or even anything new that is of value?

guess fulltime researcher has to be very self motivated huh?

• SRC Member

I may be getting a research post (gov sector too) in near future..

but to think of it.. isnt it demoralizing?? when u dont see urself producing enu or even anything new that is of value?

guess fulltime researcher has to be very self motivated huh?

no leh some people love doing research... read read read read read, write papers, read some more, read again, write again etc etc etc...

Depends on what you want really... some forms of research can take more than a person's lifetime to complete so you really got to have passion for what you are researching I guess...

eg. those researchers who go out into the artic to study penguins or polar bears etc.. leaving home for months if not years... really respect...

• SRC Member

no leh some people love doing research... read read read read read, write papers, read some more, read again, write again etc etc etc...

Depends on what you want really... some forms of research can take more than a person's lifetime to complete so you really got to have passion for what you are researching I guess...

eg. those researchers who go out into the artic to study penguins or polar bears etc.. leaving home for months if not years... really respect...

yea thats the "issue" .. u dont know when u're gonna produce something new and useful .. unlike pure development or engineering job u can at least track progress .. yea reading lots of white paper is a gd way to derive something new.

• SRC Member

CKS: I guess it depends on which government sector you're working for. It is true that research sometimes can be quite monotonous but in my line of work, it does get interesting, meeting alot of people etc. The good thing about research is that you see a particular project from the beginning, right to the very end. And when you publish the results, it is like a sense of accomplishment to have it published under your name.

But for me, this research post is merely a stepping stone for me. I don't think I'll be in this line forever. Personally, I'd prefer a post more hands-on, more practical. ;)

And yes.. You really have to be self-motivated in this line as for some people, sticking to 1 project for a period of time may simply bore them. :pinch: