WTS Orbiculate Batfish

ong2ah

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

I juz bought a batfish from West side LFS (today 730pm).... Being told it is reef safe... but obviously it is not...after i came home and find out info abt it.... :(

Hope any kind reefer who keep FOWLR will buy it... the size of it is very small and cute... and definitely feeding... (can see the picture of it at liveaquaria.com).. the LFS people feed it with pellets for me to see... I bought it at $10.. letting go at $8... I stayed at the north area... Those interested pls pm me or msg me at 90032650. Thanks..

Pls dnt flame me for not checking out b4 buying.... cos i took the LFS people that it is reefsafe... Another lesson learnt for being too trusting... :angry:

why not keep it? you can caged it so that it will not disturb others. my batfish just die.. not intending to get another one.. if not, could have help you.. alternatively, you can try selling it back to where you bought it..

• SRC Member
why not keep it? you can caged it so that it will not disturb others. my batfish just die.. not intending to get another one.. if not, could have help you.. alternatively, you can try selling it back to where you bought it..

Sister, why not u try again to rear the batfish ... i assume yr system is a FOWLR.. Seriously, the specimen i having now is very healthy and feeding and also at a very cute small size + at a reduced price of only $6... The reason that i am selling at a loss is that i find it very cruel to cage it up in a very small confined space.. adding stress to the fish also... and to return to the shop in the west side... is very far in terms of distance for me...and not sure if the shop want it back... I really should not have make such a elementary mistake of getting a wrong fish...but what's done is done... right now i juz wish to rectify the situation.. :(

• SRC Member

have you even tried putting it into your tank? cos sometimes you never noe. fishes are like humans and they have personality, some will nip corals while others can't even be bothered with. like take for example I have an emperor angel which in fact for all angels they are classed under "not-reef-safe" and however mine can't even be bothered with any corals in my tank. you should give it a chance and observed it closely when you released it and if it shows any sign of trying to bite/nip your corals then you can say that it is unsuitable for your tank

• SRC Member
have you even tried putting it into your tank? cos sometimes you never noe. fishes are like humans and they have personality, some will nip corals while others can't even be bothered with. like take for example I have an emperor angel which in fact for all angels they are classed under "not-reef-safe" and however mine can't even be bothered with any corals in my tank. you should give it a chance and observed it closely when you released it and if it shows any sign of trying to bite/nip your corals then you can say that it is unsuitable for your tank

i get what u mean brother Panzz...but angelfish is diff from batfish... angelfishs are all 50-50% whether they nipped on corals or not...for batfish...from what i read up.. it is almost 100% that it will nip ...and the range of things that it will nip is wide...from coco worms to many types of corals...and one thing that i realise after i bought the fish is that... from what i see and find out from this forum...no one keep batfish in a reeftank... Hope u understand what i mean... anyway...the response of this thread is very poor..i will keep it 1st, caged up and then c how... anyway thanks for yr comments :thanks: