need enough NSW from lfs to fill 3x2x2 with sump.

somebody

• SRC Member

hi there somebody,

try calling 93856272. its the number for the uncle that supplies irwana with seawater. they deliver 1 tonne of seawater for $80. you probably wont need so much, but you can store some for water changes as seawater doesnt go stale, and its probably cheaper if you consider transport and the hassle and wear of carrying 50bags of water. he can pump it up via a hose up till the 13th floor i think.

cheers,

ian

• SRC Member

fwah!! one tonne of water??

that doesn't sound too good... $80!! quite alot too.. =( to start the cycling of my tnak.. =( sobz..

hmm... i can't imagine one tonne of water sitting in my room... that's a bit too much right? ermm... how many litres is that?

• SRC Member

thats one thousand litres. you wont need so much of course, so you can just get the uncle to fill up your tank and sump plus maybe a few buckets for water changes. if you calculate the costings for either taxi or petrol for driving to the lfs, plus the effort of carrying up twenty/ thirty bags of water which will cost on its own a minimum of $30 at $1 each, then its not that ex. all the same, just thought id suggest that se you have that option ya.

cheers,

ian

• SRC Member

you need about 50 bags of water....that would cost about $75....just used the S$80 service to have them deliver to your place.....don't need to be KS and hold the full 1 tonne of water.....even using 1/2 of this is worth the money already.....;)

or why not just by 1 tub of coralife salt and mixed it in tank????

fwah!! one tonne of water??

that doesn't sound too good... $80!! quite alot too.. =( to start the cycling of my tnak.. =( sobz..

hmm... i can't imagine one tonne of water sitting in my room... that's a bit too much right? ermm... how many litres is that?

Just to let u know I was quoted $120 for 400+ litres. $80 is quite worth it already. If not u can beg, borrow,steal those containers and borrow a lorry to transport water back. I did this some time back for my 3ft tank too...