• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Supporter
Hey Dan.. looks like you can't take anymore colonies.*chuckle*

That new acquisition is so sweet.

Great looking tank you have there!

All these mini sized SPS reef is driving me nuts, especially after seeing them "live"....

Now I'm so tempted to start one of my own.......

Kevin, suggest you start a thread on your mini reef too...... ;)

show some pics and get every one drooling too..... :lol:

• SRC Member

To qualify as nano, the general consensus is about 30 gallons or less.

A picture danano's two tanks.

post-22-1065453444.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
hmmm... slight cyano problem in the earlier days of my 30g (in Tanzy's post above)

thanks for your support and complements fellas! ;)

anyway, here's a current pic I took yesterday

Wah...so inspired...Should I? Shouldn't I? :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

All these mini sized SPS reef is driving me nuts, especially after seeing them "live"....

Now I'm so tempted to start one of my own.......

Kevin, suggest you start a thread on your mini reef too...... ;)

show some pics and get every one drooling too..... :lol:

Joe,

thank you for your compliment! I will most definitely post my pics some day. Blame it on Dan if i take too long. Everytime i see pictures of his tank, i lost the motivation to post. Instead, i will spend more gruelling hours trying to 'simulate' his reef. (despite getting some rash due to minor allergy) :blink:

I am sticking my hand a lot more after i saw his reef. Maybe after i should get more cool frags from you...mmm.(He..he.. he)

Danano,

Dan, my hand is rotting away. :D But truly worth it!

Cool tank again bro!

• SRC Member

Kevin,

Do show me your acquisition... the purple one...

When I saw you guys (Kevin & Danano) touching every single SPS in the last tub at PR and recalling the name of every species, talking about the color and the growth. Not to mention hogging the last tub. I thought you guys are professors from the Institute of Marine Science. Until you guys start calling Phang... :D

Nice meeting you guys. The Nano guru.

• SRC Member
When I saw you guys (Kevin & Danano) touching every single SPS in the last tub at PR and recalling the name of every species, talking about the color and the growth. Not to mention hogging the last tub. I thought you guys are professors from the Institute of Marine Science. Until you guys start calling Phang... :D

Hi yazid,

Really, i am no expert in SPS identification. To me, most acros are called 'acros'. It must have been Danano you heard. Nice meeting you too. Kind Regards. :D

Dan,

You are taking too long with the updates. I want more!( folds arms, stomps feet ) :(

• SRC Member

Thanks Kevin. Hey, your aquascape and sps are coming along very nicely! Let's see some pics... :yeah:

Thanks Yazid! Btw, I'd love to see the tricolour colony that you got from PR. It's a beautiful specimen. Would be great if you could share with us a pic of your reef as well. :)

• SRC Member
Thanks Kevin. Hey, your aquascape and sps are coming along very nicely! Let's see some pics... :yeah:

Thanks Yazid! Btw, I'd love to see the tricolour colony that you got from PR. It's a beautiful specimen. Would be great if you could share with us a pic of your reef as well. :)

Dan, I got lousy camera or beacuse I'm lousy at taking photos... I can never get a good shot of my tank.

I'll spend sometime reading how to use my Canon Powershot A40 in manual mode.

• SRC Member
Kevin,

Do show me your acquisition... the purple one...

Nice meeting you guys. The Nano guru.

saw your name on one of the "reserved" SPS holding tank upfront too :o:whistle

• SRC Member

Hi Dan,

congratulations, its a beautiful tank.

However, with all the comments of light demands of sps, I just do not understand how you can maintain a purple or other coloured sps colony via T5 only.

It would make AT really silly to have invested in 1600 watts of power lighting !!!! :blink::blink:

My own lights are only MH 150Wx2 with T5 54W x 2 and 30plus watt artinic, and I still do not really dare to venture into SPS cos of all the gurus' warnings. But I would really like to keep a colourful purple or luminous green colony in my tank.

But I am confused as I see the results of your tank.

• SRC Member

Ok bro AT, then end Oct after Aquarama, pls help me re landscape my tank to build higher shelves, I want to keep some sps up there. hehehe Intend to keep frags and see how they go. Edwin gave me a purple tip white base with flouro green polyps to try out. But he said it was already half dead. I really dunno, can't tell if its dead or not as it was already white when I got it. But its got slight purplish tips and flourescent polyps near the tips. Its quite cool! Looks like I have to eat my "they are just ugly sticks in the water" comment. hehehe

If not for the recent colours, I never knew these sticks could be so beautiful. Now I'm even trying to figure out how to upgrade my lights to 250W x 2.

• SRC Member
Nice little aquarium

little??? :huh::lol::thanks:

Cmunster... most of my sps are no more than 12 inches from my T5s. My T5s are 3" from the surface. I'm sure you'd do fine... keep us posted on how your first sps fares.

post-22-1065625956.jpg

• SRC Member

These two frags are about 6 weeks old... about 8 inches from ATI T5 Aquablue Special and Blue Plus. It is also at a spot with very good flow and circulation. Colouration now is even better than when I first got the colony! :D

post-22-1065626872.jpg