Mantis Shrimp

owder Blue,Oct 9 2003, 12:03 AM] Count me in the party! :lol: Keeping mine for almost 3 months now. Have been feeding mine with ghost shrimp on an alternate day basis. It is my favourite pet now :lol:

pardon my ignorance, what's ghosts shrimps??

we've been feeding our mantis here tiger barbs, goldfish (basically the usual feeder fish for LHs).

guess i also read somewhere that FW feeder are not recommended for marine fish... but there aint no cheap feeder marine fish for mantis and lions!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Hi Ruff. Wha so many picture from you. I love the Peacock ms. so good of you posting so many interesting for sgreef . :thanks:

Aiyah too free lah thats why ... hehe. Anyway, its nothing much lah.

But seriously, I have learnt a lot frm SRC so thought I'll do what little I can by surfing the Net whenever I have the chance & post some pics/info. Thats the least I can do 2 "re-pay" everyone's kindness.

Everyone's been soooo helpful ... its just my way of saying thank you. As I am still new 2 this hobby, I cannot offer expert advise/tips so I try 2 offer what I can in my own humble ways.

Glad someone likes/appreciates it, it'll spur me on 2 post more :D . I hope others find it as interesting & helpful too. I always like 2 put a picture 2 a face/species. So anyway, just enjoy the pics (just hope I dun post wrong pics thats all, if I do pls bear with me).

P.S : Like 2 post in 3's (like a complete set ... hehe)

• SRC Member
owder Blue,Oct 9 2003, 01:57 PM]Yes! but no digital camera to shoot with... :(  plannning to get one soon.  I got mine from RB too ..  :lol:

O I C, I understand. Yeah a digicam comes in handy. U got yr mantis frm Reborn? How much? How long U had yours?

I'm truly fascinated by them, after doing my little research on the Net & reading up here in SRC but I doubt I can keep them ... YET. Still learning a lot bout marine keeping, dare not try something soo "unpredictable" as a mantis. Its beautiful tho ...

R*b**n had it too.... mine all from them.....but of bigger size.....hehe....i've got 3...1. 3 inches, 2.... 3.5 inches, 3...... about 6.5inches... always fight among each others... :yeah:

piang eh, you put all 3 in 1 tank???

how big is your tank?

we currently have 2 in a 2ft (with 3 lions)

and 1 in another 2ft

guess what, today found one (small) mantis are R*b*rn.

its not the typical peacock mantis.

its green in colour (whole piece) with oval eyes... trying to find its scientific name...

Ya...mine is a 2 feet tank 3 peacock n 1 lion....with 10 kg of LR.... :yeah:

dun they fight like hell?

gosh, they must have lots of hiding space...

got pic to show?

i will upload ours soon when the digi-cam is here...

(the shrimps are in my office, sharing with my colleagues)

sad news: 2 lions just went report to their Maker.

anyone knows what is the disease when the lion's fin becomes milky? also the last one standing has 'cloudy' eyes...

how can i rescue him before he comes history also??

Another pic...

This was one of my favourite pet mantis...it was really huge...and some more it was a "smasher" type...which is unusual considering that most of the biggest types are "spearers"...

Anyway the tank is the second biggest plastic tank sold, so you can get an idea of its size.

Anyone can identify this species?I have been searching high and low for info but cannot find....the structure makes it seem closely related to the peacock mantis.

Thanks for viewing

post-8-1066229609.jpg

Another pic...

This was one of my favourite pet mantis...it was really huge...and some more it was a "smasher" type...which is unusual considering that most of the biggest types are "spearers"...

Anyway the tank is the second biggest plastic tank sold, so you can get an idea of its size.

Anyone can identify this species?I have been searching high and low for info but cannot find....the structure makes it seem closely related to the peacock mantis.

Thanks for viewing

wah, interesting one you got there!

the colour is pale pink? or issit white?

unique!