DONT KILL AIPTASIA/Display them instead!

keithtanbb

was trying to get rid of some bad Aiptasia "Glass Anemones" that hitch hike it's way into my tank via live rocks.Was squirting with a needle full of anti-aiptasia solution, but that failed..the best way of gettting rid of them is via scattering small pieces of rocks and letting the aiptasia settle on them! they migrate easily! same goes for my Rose anemone babies! Anyhow I scrape a specimen ff -very messy, and came up with this idea of ;why not display them instead?

post-7-1139712529.jpg

vipersig.jpg

BEEN 3 WEEKS ,and pics taken just 10 minutes ago,working out well.Originally I was hanging fresh water plants in my living area for display, now I have the aiptasia, chaeto displayed...changed the water weekly, and fed the aiptasia every other day.Fun to watch ,afterall.....better than just killing them! now I have scattered some pieces of rock so that I can catch the rose anemone babies via same method of capture as well.

post-7-1139713601.jpg

vipersig.jpg

I change the fresh water displays once in 5 weeks! only because the green algae forms on the glass. I like to change the sea water aiptasia and chaeto display's every weekend, using my old tank water. As my home enjoys good natural sunlight during the day I tend to leave the displays as they are.I don't dose , except feed the aiptasia every other day with frozen brine shrimp or bits or market prawns, since I am feeding main tank anyway!.This guy is ravernous! just gobble up the bits so very quick.Interesting to see the food in its transparent gut!

post-7-1139804440.jpg

vipersig.jpg