Maybe selling: Daeil Chiller DBC-200

dleecool

• SRC Member
Hi,

Might want to sell my existing Daeil Chiller DBC-200 (200W) due to downgrade. Chiller is about 1.5 years old with recent servicing and top up of gas.

Those interested pls PM to offer.

:thanks::thanks:

Downgrading?

Thought you have upgraded to SPS now? SPS need chill water leh, especially in the month of March to June. Heat spell coming leh.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

It's 1/4hp..

Daeil chiller

A bit kapo...

Cheers

Actually the DBC-200 should be 1/5 hp unit not 1/4hp.

But also in saying that, i'm currently using the chiller and it does fine chilling my 3.5 footer. It's rated to chill up to 130 or 150 gallons if i'm not mistaken, depending on your overall configuration (total wattage from lighting and pumps etc). Must say it's a pretty darn good chiller for those interested in an energy efficient and silent chiller.

upz for ur sale bro...

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Downgrading?

Thought you have upgraded to SPS now? SPS need chill water leh, especially in the month of March to June. Heat spell coming leh.

I'm downgrading doesn't mean no more using chiller!!! :D

Wife make noise becos electricity too high so looking for lower power chiller. :cry:

• SRC Member
errr...the 200 IS 1/4 HP.....tje 1/5 HP one is DBC-150 and the 1/3 HP is 250.....i m using the 200 to cool my 4.5 footer with 2x250w MH...quite ok....

Oops :paiseh: ur right....went back to check yesterday....my bad!

either way...good chiller and a good buy :P

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Wife make noise becos electricity too high so looking for lower power chiller. :cry:

I think Artica is considered low powered already. Don't think you can get a lower powered chiller with the same cooling capacity. If u still need a chiller for your tank, I would advise u not to tell. ;)

• SRC Member

Actually I'm looking at 150W instead of my exsting 200W in order to save electricity. :P My wife complain about the hike in electric bill as now is already $0.21 per unit. :evil:

• SRC Member

Actually I'm looking at 150W instead of my exsting 200W in order to save electricity. :P My wife complain about the hike in electric bill as now is already $0.21 per unit. :evil:

I don't think its worth it to downgrade to another chiller. First, you lose quite a lot of money when u sell this chiller second hand and then to buy a new one. The amount you lose can easily cover quite a few months or maybe more than a year of electricity bills on chiller only.

Secondly, lower wattage of the same model also means lower power. The chiller has to run longer to cool your tank down. In the end, not much savings from electricity bill. If your new chiller can't cope in the coming hot spell, the electricity bill might even be higher instead. You can try explaining this to your wife... maybe no need to change :P

• SRC Member

I don't think its worth it to downgrade to another chiller. First, you lose quite a lot of money when u sell this chiller second hand and then to buy a new one. The amount you lose can easily cover quite a few months or maybe more than a year of electricity bills on chiller only.

Secondly, lower wattage of the same model also means lower power. The chiller has to run longer to cool your tank down. In the end, not much savings from electricity bill. If your new chiller can't cope in the coming hot spell, the electricity bill might even be higher instead. You can try explaining this to your wife... maybe no need to change :P

I think he plans to downgrade to a smaller tank too...depending on how small, he can go with the 1/10 hp unit, which is abt 75 watts....and it should do fine cooling down a 2ft cube or maybe a 3x1.5x1.5 tank.

But i agree with Ekia tho...if ur gonna downgrade, downgrade the tank but keep the chiller, cos u'll probably loose a lot from selling it off...

either way...good luck with ur sale...btw. U didn't mention how much ur looking to get for the chiller....any target price?....might help ur sale.

southpaw23's reef