my newbie tank

chercm

i cannot rememeber but i spent about $80.00 from Reborn yesterday

:shock:

:bow:

Wah... Have you been to the fish farms at Pasir Ris Farmway 2? With 80 bucks, you could buy better quality stuff there. :whistle

(~ cci[RR]us ~)
A pair of Nemos :: Deep Sand Bed
Solite 2x24W T5 :: Prizm Skimmer with Overflow attachment

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my purchases from AM yesterday

dsc_0350.jpg

dsc_0351.jpg

dsc_0352.jpg

dsc_0353.jpg

dsc_0354.jpg

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

Your tank is really looking good, esp with the new corals... great!

Yalor, just wondering what kinda lighting you are using, coz it looks kinda mild to me.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

i bought the T5 lighting from AM at $98.00

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member

I dun think what you did are right for all the coral you bought.

You are probably going to kill the clam. It looks very sick from your pic. It is gaping and pinched. If it remains more than 3 days like that it is beyond hope... Not the lights I'm telling you, light dun make the clam like that. I do hope I'm wrong but may be because of stress.

Alveropora is the hardiest of conspecific goinopora, to have it melted meant that your water is hardly suiltable for some of the difficult to keep coral.

I tell you the tang you have is too big for your tank. It is like keeping a hunting dog in a HDB flat with not place to exercise. Put it up for sale and get a small tang if you really like tangs.

The rate of your stocking is too fast. Slow down please.

By the way, reefs needs these additives if you can provide:

1. Phytoplankton (Food)

2. Calcium

3. Magnesium

4. Iodine

5. Strontium

6. Other trace elements.

In order of importance. They are bottled "all in one" additive in Part A & B, that is at least a bare minimum if you need.

I do hope that everything goes well. Good luck.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Restarted 30G Corner Tank.

Nakazoru you are so honest and blunt but have to agree 100% with what you said. Newbies (including me) always find it hard to resist the temptation of making our tank a showpiece (especially in this forum where we can show off to all Singaporeans). I always have this urge to go down to Reborn to pick up some corals and fishes too.

Personally I think the trade here is too cheap, things have become too easy to obtain. That's where a mere $100.00 can fill the entire tank with decent looking corals + fishes. It's a catch 22 situation... but so far, I have not stock my tank coz I am too broke now... My paycheck will be in next Tues, lol.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

thank .

i have been adding the bottle A+B

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member

Bro ur cynarina is not doning well it very stress , take some care and not to allow strong flow to it as it will cause it more stress. ;)

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

how it should look like ?

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member

david sir! looks great on ur scaping...:D

BUT looks bad on ur corals and stocking upz...:P (dun angry hor, trying to enlightend u)

not trying to be blunt...u should spend time and listen to advices that what we trying to provide u. :D getting the clam at this stage will not do good for it. as what other reefers mentioned " I 101% agree on it"

DO search the archeives whatever corals or stocks that u intend to purchased...OR can ask us....

lastly, BE PATIENCE and Reefz ONzz....:D

dsc_0360.jpg

Humble tank :

Equipment :

Em... I do see a bit of improvements in this specimen, it's starting to open up and the colour is much brilliant than previous shots, prob the lighting too. But hey, I'm sure things can turn out alright if you take extra care of the fragile & demanding corals.

Keep it up... do keep us update with more pix, even if some of them not doing well... just show us at least newbies like me can learn.

Thanks bro!

• SRC Member
Nakazoru you are so honest and blunt but have to agree 100% with what you said. Newbies (including me) always find it hard to resist the temptation of making our tank a showpiece (especially in this forum where we can show off to all Singaporeans). I always have this urge to go down to Reborn to pick up some corals and fishes too.

Personally I think the trade here is too cheap, things have become too easy to obtain. That's where a mere $100.00 can fill the entire tank with decent looking corals + fishes. It's a catch 22 situation... but so far, I have not stock my tank coz I am too broke now... My paycheck will be in next Tues, lol.

My apologies for being blunt. ;) It is really not my intent to offend anyone.

Equipment:

30G Corner Tank with 10G Sump, 2 x 24W artinic T5, 1 x 24W 10K, 1x 24W 20K, 3" Grade 0 sand & Live rocks, Activated Carbon, Bio-home, 2 x Seio M620, Hailea 1/2HP Chiller, Redsea Pro Skimmer

Live Stock:

Turbo Snail x 1, Green Mandarin Dragonet X 2, Blue Tang X 2, True percular x 2, 1 x Algae Bleenie, Clarke clown x 2

Reef:

1 x 2" Blue maxima, Red/Brown/Purple Mushroom (Discosoma), Pink Ricordea yuma, A little colony Brown/Green common Zoanthus, Red/Pink/Green US Zoanthus, Eagle-eye Zoathus, 14 Branch Goniopora Pandoraensis, 1 Starburst Polyps, 3 + 2 Branch Frogspawn, 4 Blasto, palythoa, Cheato

RIPs (Since June 2005):

1. Sabae clown (KO by Clarke clown) 2. 1 branch melted frogspawn 4 branch 3. Golden maxima (Ripe the base off rock by me) 4. Algae Bleenie x 2 (Starvation) 5. Blue Maxima x 1, 2 x Maxima, 1 x frogspawn, rics (Overtemp...)

Old 30G Corner Tank.

My apologies for being blunt. ;) It is really not my intent to offend anyone.

No lah, I think sometimes experienced reefers must teach the newbies... to guide them. To warn them so that they don't repeat the mistakes the experienced reefers once did. That's what I like about this forum, I learn so much more here, more than any books out there can offer. Sorry a bit :off:

:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

my clam is dead

i promise no clam any more

Humble tank :

Equipment :

does this guy look ok ?

dsc_0361.jpg

Humble tank :

Equipment :

• SRC Member
does this guy look ok ?

dsc_0361.jpg

From this pix, it looks like it is stressed. But this guy should be more hardy...

Equipment:

Live Stock:

Reef:

RIPs (Since June 2005):

Old 30G Corner Tank.

Poor clam... if you really love clams, take it as your aim lo... learn as much as you can, slowly setup a tank suitable for clams. Once you are ready? Buy till your hearts content! lol

Well what's my aim then... to create a one-of-a-kind reef tank??? Err... how to create something unique if it's modeled towards nature? lol