Seachem's addictives

• SRC Member

Hi guys, was contemplating to add addictives for a long time now, upon seeing the sponsor's website, decide i could give it a shot(since my tank is small, and wouldnt need as much dosage)

Currently, i am looking at

Seachem Reef Advantage Strontium

Seachem Reef Advantage Magnesium

Seachem Reef Advantage Calcium

Are these 3 the basic needs for the FOWLR with only suncorals?

Might be contemplating getting pratas and other easier to keep corals in near future.

Will be running carbon+rowa+seagel in a external canister.

Any comments?

• SRC Member

so by adding the specific elements such as calcium, strontium and magnesium, we do not have to dose any more trace elements?

sorry for all the questions, i wanna know more about dosing before i actually commit into them

thanks!

Hihi..

For any tank, we dose additives so as to ensure that any elements which are depleted in a closed system is replenished. But if yours is a small tank, water change is a better alt to dosing since synthetic salts have these element components in them as well. Overdosing may have negative effects esp for small water volume.

And for calcium, it is mainly taken up by hard corals and coralline algae. But better to test the level of any thing u adding into your tank.

just my 2cents tots