Jervis' Nano Cube

jervismun

Revealing the back of house for the first time... the back is basically empty (almost no sand) with only 3 transparent inlet tubes (1 for protein skimmer, 1 for filter & 1 for wavemaker towards the end). It also provides plenty of room for fishes and inverts to hide.

post-34-1142685642.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a real nice specimen I bought from Pasir Ris Farmway... paid $4 for it, lol. It's so... wholesome!!!

post-34-1142685879.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Welcome to my tank! Now you are my 2 Spots Goby... looking up to the sun... and you say to yourself... em, the sun is so bright and the sky is so blue today :)

post-34-1142686196.jpg

Another view of my tank, showing off its bowfront. Actually, I prefer a simple rectangular shape tank. The curves do distort the view a little (bad for photography) and it's very hard to scrap off the algae on corners.

post-34-1142686423.jpg

Was at Kino just now... this book is so inspirational, the author (a Chinese living in California) owns a 700g reef tank (with 300g sump) specializing in keeping SPS and Clams!!! His setup is also very simple and straight-forward... makes it sound so natural and simple :bow:

Go take a look, I hope it's still unwrapped... lol.

post-34-1142686772.jpg

This is how I feed my Blue Sea Fan :rolleyes: A mixture of Marinium Zooplankton + Argent Cyclop-eeze! I can see that the polyps are feeding as they open and close for many times.

post-34-1142689665.jpg

Hehe my Blue Sea Fan is looking so healthy!!! I think I must have fed them correctly... they love it! :eyeblur::heh:

post-34-1142689951.jpg

Cool... My Seafan always open very big when i feed my fishes... And open all day long until my actinic are on... They dun seems to like actinic lighing... Always close when my actinics are on... And open up after lights off... lol...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

Cool... My Seafan always open very big when i feed my fishes... And open all day long until my actinic are on... They dun seems to like actinic lighing... Always close when my actinics are on... And open up after lights off... lol...

Hi Terryz since we're from the same specimen... does your sea fan open larger than mine? If yes, perhaps I still need to improve my conditions. This is the first time I direct feed them. I think it's so much better than dosing the tank from the top.

Frogspawn and hammer can place together their sting wun affect each other... Alveapora must move...

Bro you are right, they seem to be immune to each other's stings! Cool :)

post-34-1142691564.jpg

Bro you are right, they seem to be immune to each other's stings! Cool :)

Becos they are from the same genus... You can add a torch coral too... they will go well together too... Man, the hammer look really nice and white in the photo... lol...

Member of:

Becos they are from the same genus... You can add a torch coral too... they will go well together too... Man, the hammer look really nice and white in the photo... lol...

Ok I will go get a piece of nice torch next week. I hope the whiteness is not due to "bleaching" lol. Seriously, the fluorescent green somehow disappeared... oh dear :cry:

Nope... It is not due to bleaching... I think for Euphyllia species, if bleached they become transparent... Without any color...

You have actinic lighting? The fluorescent green wun be too obvious if there is no actinic...

Member of:

Nope... It is not due to bleaching... I think for Euphyllia species, if bleached they become transparent... Without any color...

You have actinic lighting? The fluorescent green wun be too obvious if there is no actinic...

Hehe no atinic... u r so knowledgeable bro... esp with genus lah, species lah... I always find it very hard to remember scientific names...

Hehe no atinic... u r so knowledgeable bro... esp with genus lah, species lah... I always find it very hard to remember scientific names...

There are more knowledgable senior reefer here... I am only a reefer with little knowledge...

These scientific name, I only know how to roughly write them and I completely dunno how to pronouce them... lol... I got some of the name from ID website... lol...

Member of:

A horrible picture... hehe the honeymoon period for my Protein Skimmer is over... running full force now. The collection cup will become half-full every 2 to 3 days and the skimmate is quite concentrated (compared to last 2 weeks). Must be the increased bioload and feeding of planktons.

post-34-1142738728.jpg

A bright new dash of colour added to my tank!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...?pcatid=581&N=0

post-34-1142773707.jpg

Hehe another new addition... see if you can spot it! Nope not the Orange Sea Star... :upsidedown:

post-34-1142773879.jpg

• SRC Member
Was at Kino just now... this book is so inspirational, the author (a Chinese living in California) owns a 700g reef tank (with 300g sump) specializing in keeping SPS and Clams!!! His setup is also very simple and straight-forward... makes it sound so natural and simple :bow:

Go take a look, I hope it's still unwrapped... lol.

Woohoo!!!

That author is WAYNE SHANG!! Totally a God in marine reefkeeping!

He's really someone to look up to~

BUT

NO! Dont buy his Sanders skimmer. You wont be able to fit it into a condo! Imagine his is Sanders Helogand. BTH! <_<

• SRC Member
Revealing the back of house for the first time... the back is basically empty (almost no sand) with only 3 transparent inlet tubes (1 for protein skimmer, 1 for filter & 1 for wavemaker towards the end). It also provides plenty of room for fishes and inverts to hide.

Your back is jialat!

Those are accumulations of detrius! Pls clear them asap! I do not know how to reach to the back. Maybe direct a gentle current to sweep them up. Else it will incur a disastrous result. :(

Your back is jialat!

Those are accumulations of detrius! Pls clear them asap! I do not know how to reach to the back. Maybe direct a gentle current to sweep them up. Else it will incur a disastrous result. :(

No lah! Those dark patches are actually the glass bottom. I was telling you guys how clean my back is, lol. The filter inlets are ###### everything nicely... especially the ReefPack 500. If needed, I can always add a small Tunze powerhead down there. :P

Woohoo!!!

That author is WAYNE SHANG!! Totally a God in marine reefkeeping!

He's really someone to look up to~

BUT

NO! Dont buy his Sanders skimmer. You wont be able to fit it into a condo! Imagine his is Sanders Helogand. BTH! <_<

I like his works... and the book is not very wordy, just nice... this is a direct result of reading his book! :lol:

post-34-1142778162.jpg