Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

bro!

u placed in the chaeto during your cycling stage to get rid of nutrients?

find it funny as during the cycling stage you would want to kick start the cycle of the ANN

just found it pretty wierd

Em... actually u have a point there, lol... will move the Chaetos back into my nano later. :thanks: bro... too many things to cater to at one go... overlooked that. See... that's why I always post every single detail... so that I can get helpful feedbacks from you guys :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bought 2 pieces of LR from RB just now... lots of hitchhiker macro algaes... hopefully this will kick start the ANN cycle... no sign of worms yet... and no smell... could it be the rocks are already cured in RB's tank? :(

post-34-1144326686.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Added a split outlet with duckbeaks to the main pump... running only at 1300l/h, just enough ensure a steady flow of water into the IOS. The main tank will rely on my Tunzes for primary water circulation.

post-34-1144326845.jpg

Bro... Pluck out the algae... They will spread even after the ANN...

Can I move them into my refugium once I finish the ANN cycle? I think Caulerpa is quite save right?

Em... Ammonia is still <0.25... I think the 2 pieces of LR I bought today has been cured inside the LFS tank. I will have my back up plan in action tomorrow... market prawn!!!

• SRC Member

bro, things dun rot so fast 1 la... need at least a day or 2 for them to start rotting.. .anyway market prawn, IMO, should always go in... lidat more things rot inside = more bacteria growth = faster cycling...

my 1/4 cent worth...

True... I guess I am too stressed up by all the sold equipments... expect the owner to collect them next weekend... so must Perc90 must be ready by then... and running 2 tanks is not fun at all!!! lol

Relax... :snore:

Ok what I'll do is, to let things rot naturally... will introduce more LR (from a bro) this coming Saturday. Will do major rockscaping this weekend. Then let the cycle run... and run... and run... and hopefully ANN will be settled and stabilized by next weekend for the transfer of LS.

Will keep you guys updated with my water parameters so that exp bros out there can help guide me along the way... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

what i gather from some of the old bird reefers here are that, when they transfer their LS over from their old tank, they add in the old water, so that the stuff from the old tank water will be also present in the new tank water. juz let them mix a lil more and mature, and everything should be fine....

what i gather from some of the old bird reefers here are that, when they transfer their LS over from their old tank, they add in the old water, so that the stuff from the old tank water will be also present in the new tank water. juz let them mix a lil more and mature, and everything should be fine....

Thanks bro Colin... em... yeah I can transfer all 20g of old water into my new tank (20 to 25% of total volume)...will do that for sure :D

• SRC Member

Actually when you are doing your ANN cycle, there's no need to turn on your skimmer (that will remove the things that the bacteria need to break down and hence will take a longer time for the good bacteria to populate your tank) and light.

Bro I am not running my skimmer ;)

Read from another thread that this is a good Nitrifying Bacteria product. I will spend some time tonight figuring out how exactly I want to install all my equipments... kinda messy at the moment :unsure:

post-34-1144412329.jpg

Bro Jon, I have barely started... once I collect my LR from a reefer tomorrow, I will officially start the cycle with 20+kg more LR. Now just doing some preparation work... yes I will try to slow down a little :D

Bro I am not running my skimmer ;)

AM skimmer need around a week to kick in .

that happen to my BS flotor .

maybe can on one week b4 u complete ur cycling

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

AM skimmer need around a week to kick in .

that happen to my BS flotor .

maybe can on one week b4 u complete ur cycling

Ok I will power up my skimmer once I'm done with Ammonia... tomorrow gonna be a big day for me... major scaping :D

• SRC Member

hi jervis,

i said that things seem to be going too fast cos i saw your plans for adding LS by next weekend...well its not really a bad idea since the 3 footer is pretty big and would be able to buffer your LS from you NC. but its just after that sit back and relax and let things run for a month at least before putting in new things.

sometimes the best way to cycle a tank is to sit back and relax and try to forget that you have a tank for a month.. (pretty hard to do when you have it staring in your face)

just my little experience.

jon

• SRC Member

U want jervismun to wait a mth !?

:P I betcha he can't wait a mth. :P

He so excited & see the speed of his nano cube ....

How to wait 1 mth !? :lol:

But .... What jonathen81 say also good advice lah.

Maybe U should leave town for a few wks.

Go holiday !? :)

Cheers bro !

Update us after the scaping ah. :evil:

(its gonna be another back breaking session)

Thanks so much for all ur advice... yes I have to agree that I am not the "patient" type... can't go holiday lah... I know what... I will spend every single cent on equipments... then I will have no more money for LS since most of them do not accept AMEX... lol. Then "kena" force to wait till May loh :heh: Em... sounds like a plan!

Really appreciate all the help here... I guess that's what blogs are for... do help remind me of things along the way ok? But not too much "nagging" lah :upsidedown:

Ok the tank is ready for the new LR... will collect at 4pm later.

Did some research and according to Liveaquaria.com... it's good to do the following to remove unwanted pests...

"Before (or after) curing your newly arrived live rock, you can submerse the new rock into a bucket filled with saltwater with a specific gravity of 1.035 to 1.040 for one minute. Any invertebrates including: mantis shrimp, bristle worms, and crabs, will quickly evacuate from the rock into the bucket of water. Bristle worms still attached to the rock can be removed with a pair of needle-nosed pliers or tweezers. After removing the live rock from the bucket, you can then sort through the invertebrates in the bucket that you will want to add to your system, and discard all of the unwanted pests".

http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general...eral_pagesid=59

If the above method works... I will have a bucket full of inverts to choose from tonight... perhaps u guys can help... will post lots of pix tonight.

I will do the same too for my Nano LR as I suspect something nasty is in there... can any experienced brother confirm if the 1-minute high SG deep will also kill my beneficial bacterias and corallines in my Nano LR?

:thanks:

• SRC Member
Read from another thread that this is a good Nitrifying Bacteria product. I will spend some time tonight figuring out how exactly I want to install all my equipments... kinda messy at the moment :unsure:

May I know what r your findings on the Nitrifying Bacteria product :D

Maybe useful to restart my tank <_<<_<<_<

• SRC Member

Hyper or hypo treatment ah ....

Dun think it will kill coraline. Bacteria i not sure.

I can tell U the worms will not give up easily.

Flip the LR as you work on it & pluck them out.

(wear gloves in case loh)

I think it will work for the crabs & shrimps.

All the best !!! ;)