Jervis' Percula 90

jervismun

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the birdnest is one of my favourites along with the purple monitpora digita and also the green stylo (i guess i am just being carried away here!!!) please update us the progress bro. really liked ur piece there.

jon

:( Update is... there are more white patches around... I got a feeling the Birdsnest is beyond recovery... :(

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

I found the current flow in my tank not very efficient... I will spend the next 2 weeks looking at ways to improve the situation. Wonder how much longer I have to wait for the Streams to come in ;)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Is it time? :cry: I just flipped the rock, the Anemone was hiding behind the rock :o

post-34-1146458404.jpg

hi bro

u got a spectacular zoo garden there

very impressive :lol:

Thanks! Some of the nice Zoos were adopted/acquired from fellow reefers :lol:

Blood Shrimp!!! Finally, out in the open... I guess it must be really really hungry :P

post-34-1146459771.jpg

• SRC Member
Is it time? :cry: I just flipped the rock, the Anemone was hiding behind the rock :o

doesnt look v.good to me.. remove it if its deterioating before it compromises on quality water standards..

You know what? I don't know what to expect from an Anemone anymore... it looks perfectly healthy now ;) Photo taken 15 mins ago after 5 hours of MH.

post-34-1146483619.jpg

• SRC Member
You know what? I don't know what to expect from an Anemone anymore... it looks perfectly healthy now ;) Photo taken 15 mins ago after 5 hours of MH.

Its great to see the anemone healthy again. IMO, i think you need not worry too much, sometimes it will just looks sickly with bubble all small but after some time it will be ok.

Thats what happen to mine until of cos recently where it up lorry. The difference between not opening vs dead is quite obvious. The base would not attached and the bubble will be gone instead of being small. Just my own experience.

Its great to see the anemone healthy again. IMO, i think you need not worry too much, sometimes it will just looks sickly with bubble all small but after some time it will be ok.

Thats what happen to mine until of cos recently where it up lorry. The difference between not opening vs dead is quite obvious. The base would not attached and the bubble will be gone instead of being small. Just my own experience.

And I read... (yes spent 2 hours at Kino reading about Anemones, lol)... as long as the Anemone is given sufficient light, it will do alright. Once it went hiding (like yours hiding behind the tank)... then it will deteriorate fast... until a point it will not be sticky anymore :P

• SRC Member
And I read... (yes spent 2 hours at Kino reading about Anemones, lol)... as long as the Anemone is given sufficient light, it will do alright. Once it went hiding (like yours hiding behind the tank)... then it will deteriorate fast... until a point it will not be sticky anymore :P

Yes so you just make sure your anemone have enough light. And in case it go into hiding, please intervene and not leave it unattended. Haha dun be like me. But then how to shift them when they are so attached to the LR??

Yes so you just make sure your anemone have enough light. And in case it go into hiding, please intervene and not leave it unattended. Haha dun be like me. But then how to shift them when they are so attached to the LR??

Move the whole damn rock!?! :lol: Luckily, the 2 pieces of rocks are flat pieces and also on the top of the scaping, so pretty easy to flip around. I also read, if the Anemone is sticking very hard, then it is a sign that the Anemone is quite alright. When it fails to attach to something (not sticky), then start worrying ;)

• SRC Member
Move the whole damn rock!?! :lol: Luckily, the 2 pieces of rocks are flat pieces and also on the top of the scaping, so pretty easy to flip around. I also read, if the Anemone is sticking very hard, then it is a sign that the Anemone is quite alright. When it fails to attach to something (not sticky), then start worrying ;)

Haha, thats a good one. :lol: Lucky for you, can move LR, mine is like the biggest LR piece in my whole tank. No way i can move it with all my fish inside. :)

Haha, thats a good one. :lol: Lucky for you, can move LR, mine is like the biggest LR piece in my whole tank. No way i can move it with all my fish inside. :)

So how? Have u recovered from the horror? It's about time to get another piece of Anemone for your clowns :lol:

• SRC Member
So how? Have u recovered from the horror? It's about time to get another piece of Anemone for your clowns :lol:

NO, Looks like i have to be a bad owner to my clowns, i am not getting them any 'home'. Furthermore my tank too small to hold an anemone.

OMG!!! Give way to the moving Anemone!!! :o:o:o This is gonna destroy my Crocea :shock:

post-34-1146489879.jpg

New home... hopefully it will settle here for a while ;) Notice the Crocea on the left... still not opening as big as before :cry2:

post-34-1146490024.jpg

Crocea looks alright... haiz... although very problematic... the sight of this is worth all the troubles and risks :)

post-34-1146497150.jpg

Big Mama gets big home... Lil' Daddy gets tiny home... em... they are currently going through separation ;)

post-34-1146497278.jpg

Wow :yeah:  a Zoo garden section..... N a nice pair of maroon clowns u got ere. Sooner or later little baby maroon clowns shld be swimmin all over ...

Hehe... not too sure about baby Maroons... but pretty soon, I will have to start cultivating the Zoos... FOC common Zoos... anyone? :lol::lol::lol: Em... no response :snore::snore::snore:

• SRC Member

zoo garden very nice to look at, but quite hard to propagate them

cos all too crammed up, den when they spread, they will mix with the other zoos. den noot nice already.....

zoo garden very nice to look at, but quite hard to propagate them

cos all too crammed up, den when they spread, they will mix with the other zoos. den noot nice already.....

I am waiting for them to mix... want to see the effect... like a bowl of M&Ms :yeah: