jervismun

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am home... was expecting :sick::sick::sick: but I found this :heh:

Everything seems normal... already did a head count... all fishes, inverts and corals accounted for... even my elusive Randall is accounted for :D

post-34-1150363104.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Only this guy is working extra hard :sick::sick::sick:

Everything seems under control... I even have time to post :lol::lol::lol:

post-34-1150363290.jpg

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

not to be a wet blanket, but i think it takes a few days for the fishes to react, if there is anything that is gonna happen. i mean thats for me, cos i got nothing to test ammonia, so when i realised ammonia was like spiking realy bad, its already too late... for you i dun think there is anything to worry. juz monitor the ammonia bro. cos there might be some debris trapped in some corners that might really contribute to the A.

good for you bro! glad theres no casualty! =]

But there can be long term effect though... tested Ammonia right away... and as expected... 0.25!!! :(

At least all my fishies are eating... including the Dispars feeding happily on pellets :P

Nitrite still undetectable... as expected :nc:

post-34-1150363571.jpg

not to be a wet blanket, but i think it takes a few days for the fishes to react, if there is anything that is gonna happen. i mean thats for me, cos i got nothing to test ammonia, so when i realised ammonia was like spiking realy bad, its already too late... for you i dun think there is anything to worry. juz monitor the ammonia bro. cos there might be some debris trapped in some corners that might really contribute to the A.

Hehe bro I already look into it already... spent the last couple of hours (body at office, mind at home) planning my actions... I will use a pump to do a flushing on all corners and LR now.

I am already preparing salt mix for water change later... but need to let the water settles a while first... I should've mix it earlier <_<

You want to see damage?!? Hehe... here's the damage :sick::sick::sick: Turboflotor rocks!!! Considering the low amount of power it consumes :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

post-34-1150363880.jpg

And not forgetting my "first-line-of-defense" :sick::sick::sick:

The smell is really bad... it's the usual protein skimmer smell mix... lime... fish market smell... all mix into one... my bathroom is still smelling like a fish market now :sick:

Better get the bathroom cleaned/aired before someone returns :fear::fear::fear:

post-34-1150364029.jpg

time to get another RBTA!!!!! :lol:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

time to get another RBTA!!!!! :lol:

Emm... there's one inside your tank hor... looking for someone to adopt? :lol:

Nitrate is <0.3 mg/l

post-34-1150364395.jpg

Bros and sis... I am very very touched to receive a PM from another forum just now... here is the exact content:

I've a deltec skimmer APF600 + sander ozoner. I think the deltec couple with your current skimmer should help to remove as much wastes as possible.

You can ask your friends to pick up from me. I can lend them till you tide over this episode.

14 spare bottles of distilled water is also available but you may a van to pick them up. If not you can pick any numbers of bottles you need. Per bottle is 18.9litres.

I've numerous wavemaker, tunze 6060, seio 620, seio 1100 which can lend to you too for mixing water etc.

Let me know.

After 5pm, it's better you contact me thru mobile

xxxxxxxxx (his mobile no.)

Hoping all the best to your tank!

xxxxx (his nick contains 5 alphabets)

:bow::bow::bow: this kinda bro where to find :bow::bow::bow:

Mixing in action... 10% of my tank water (approx. 7.5 US Gal) at a time... I use my Tunze Mini to speed things up :P

post-34-1150365203.jpg

Flushing time... I hope my old Sicce Multi 800 is good enough :erm:

post-34-1150366031.jpg

Not bad. . not bad at all. . that shows tt u are nice enuff for nice chaps like that guy to willing lend his equipments to you.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Not bad. . not bad at all. . that shows tt u are nice enuff for nice chaps like that guy to willing lend his equipments to you.

Err... I only spoken to him once... I think generally he is a nice guy... same treatment to everyone :lol:

• SRC Member

sori to hear abt yr anemone bro jervis... anyway alot of us hv been thru the same ordeal ... tank will still survive... do mega water change n gd flow ... if my very low-tech tank managed to survive at least 3 such anemone-grinding misadventure, yr german one shd be wet wet water... heads up man ... its gonna be alrite

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

bro jervis, taking bout the mini, you were supposed to help me and maxstar order the tunze mini!

Bro Colinsoon... after so long... still waiting for your Mini? Hehe... you wanna drop by RD one of these days? :lol:

sori to hear abt yr anemone bro jervis... anyway alot of us hv been thru the same ordeal ... tank will still survive... do mega water change n gd flow ... if my very low-tech tank managed to survive at least 3 such anemone-grinding misadventure, yr german one shd be wet wet water... heads up man ... its gonna be alrite

Hehe... my tank survived the first round... now Ammonia will spike... my last test revealed 0.25 already... an alarming content IMO... so right now prepare to change 10% of water every night for the next 3 nights... all equipments run full force... also will continue dosing Kent Marine Ammonia Detox :nc:

• SRC Member

I have a similar experience during my early reefing days. Anemone gone missing(melted). My skimmer skims like mad but no crash.

Increase aeration should help to breakdown NH4 more faster.

Nowadays no more anemone for me. All the best.

Thanks bro Tigger and Beaver for your support... yeah no more Anemone for me... except those pest anemones I am too lazy to remove... perhaps... one fine day...