LinkinPark Tank Pict

LinkinPark

Wow a very large and matured tank!!! Mind sharing with us some basic specs of ur setup? Love the Anthias... :wub:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Wow a very large and matured tank!!! :

It's not large, only 4x2x2ft ;)

Mind sharing with us some basic specs of ur setup?  :wub:

;)

The reefing method is heavy bio-load of fish and feeding (which in turn will feed the coral http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39403); and nutrient export via heavy skimming, use of GAC and PO4 removal media, weekly/fortnighhtly water change

Equipment:

1) 2x250w SE BLV 10kk MH (waiting for my new 14k BLV blubs)

2) 4x3ft D&D blue T5

3) Beckett Skimmer (3ft tall)

4) RM Ca Reactor

5) 3x6060 Tunze

6) Wavebox

7) 2xChiller (extra chiller for insurance in case of breakdown)

8) 2x1262 return (extra pump for insurance in case of breakdown)

post-34-1144342933.jpg

• SRC Member
:ooh:

Is this the new tank? It matures really fast.

Shifted house on 29 Oct 05. Transferred all my corals to new tank on 7 Nov 05.

Rockscape and coral placing ALL DONE BY FRANCIS aka SCARAB, taking @ 6 hours to complete.

Coralline algae grows fast and much on the tunze, bare bottom, LR, PVC and glass. Due to this growth, the tank looks "mature".

The coral scape by Francis by placing staghorns (and when they grow up) in the rear also contribute to the mature look. ;)

Thanks bro for sharing with me ur method of reefing and the high-bioload method seems very interesting... u get best of both world!!! Brilliant!!! But must have a very 'garang' skimmer that is... I will start doing my rockscaping this weekend... will definitely draw some inspirations from your tank. I'm still new, so will not be able to go SPS fully... maybe a few frags once the condition matures. For my 3ft tank, do you think 2x150W BLV 14000ºK + 2x39W T5 sufficient for SPS?

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
For my 3ft tank, do you think 2x150W BLV 14000ºK + 2x39W T5 sufficient for SPS?

Generally, we need at least 250w for sps. If the width of your tank is 2 ft, 2 nos suffice.

As for blue T5 supplements, the more the merrier. My idol has 8 4ft T5 (6 blue & 2 actinic) in his 3.5ftx2ft tank :D

Heard from my idol that 14k BLV MH is still a tint yellow after burn-in, and more blue T5 is needed to balance the bright 250w MH

Thanks bro... I will see replace the Aquablue T5 with Actinic if needed... hehe my Tunze Wavebox is at the right corner too, towards the back just like you :look:

• SRC Member

Generally, we need at least 250w for sps. If the width of your tank is 2 ft, 2 nos suffice.

As for blue T5 supplements, the more the merrier. My idol has 8 4ft T5 (6 blue & 2 actinic) in his 3.5ftx2ft tank :D

Heard from my idol that 14k BLV MH is still a tint yellow after burn-in, and more blue T5 is needed to balance the bright 250w MH

:o

Which Idol you referring to?? :shock:

Errr.... I am confused here... he got Jesus and Wife lah... so he can't be gay... since when gay man can do such nice reef tank? :bow:

The most is... he's "bi", lol. :evil: