Mini Ocean World

little bull

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

In fact, I can not confirm izzit the nudi or other factor yet. So, wanna to reduce the risk of loosing the whole colony. Thus, Fragging is another option. :rolleyes:

I cannot find any nudi till today ler after used light, used FW,... Next, will adjust the wave direction to give more flow for it.

ooooo... icic....

yup.. bro john nudis are nudibranchs...

• SRC Member

so where do the nudibrancs hide? and at night they come out to eat the zoos? this is super interesting lar. Kept small frags of zoos before but i never knew got such thing lar.

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member
Huh... interesting? OMG, it is not fun at all :cry::cry: Mentally torture me for few days liao :eyeblur:

nudis get on my nerves most of the times and there are indeed a pest. Can never be wipe out. :evil:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

You r rite, altho I still can't sight any nudi yet, but by looking at closed eagle eyes is enuf to stree me up liao. :lol::lol:

Update:

those healthy one still remain as healthy as it is. Those stubborn one still remain as it is. Basically, no change lar. hahaha... (talking rubbish :pinch: ).

Good new is, the infection has stopped since the fraging and FWD in place. :peace:

What do you think of keeping the sea cucumber in the zoa tank? Recently, I find it irritating coz it always "crawl" around the small frags and thus I have to always relocate the frags. :whistle

• SRC Member
You r rite, altho I still can't sight any nudi yet, but by looking at closed eagle eyes is enuf to stree me up liao. :lol::lol:

Update:

those healthy one still remain as healthy as it is. Those stubborn one still remain as it is. Basically, no change lar. hahaha... (talking rubbish :pinch: ).

Good new is, the infection has stopped since the fraging and FWD in place. :peace:

What do you think of keeping the sea cucumber in the zoa tank? Recently, I find it irritating coz it always "crawl" around the small frags and thus I have to always relocate the frags. :whistle

my tank alot of free space :pinch: ..

lol...

if you still scare think if i remember correctly got a kind of mandrin fish will eat nudis....

• SRC Member

my tank alot of free space :pinch: ..

lol...

if you still scare think if i remember correctly got a kind of mandrin fish will eat nudis....

Mandarin fish eats nudis? Nope, I would think sixline or wrasse like red corris would help clear ur nudis problem. But cautious, they are both aggressive fellows. I sold off my red corris in the end. Regarding keeping sea cukes in ur tank, u might wanna see my tank thread as how sea cukes had caused such massive deaths of almost all my fishes :(

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member

if I remembered correctly, your sea cuke being blended by the pump/ powerhead.. rite or not?? :erm:

I ever kept sixlines wrase, but MIA w/o any reason, strange <_<<_<<_<

However, it is indeed a nice colour fish and at cheap price also. Will get from LFS if can find any.

• SRC Member

Mandarin fish eats nudis? Nope, I would think sixline or wrasse like red corris would help clear ur nudis problem. But cautious, they are both aggressive fellows. I sold off my red corris in the end. Regarding keeping sea cukes in ur tank, u might wanna see my tank thread as how sea cukes had caused such massive deaths of almost all my fishes :(

Just read your sea cuke incident from another forum. So sad to hear that happened to your tank, hope the rest of the LS would be fine after WC, all the best to you. :)

Why not consider to standby a pkt of salt for emergency used :peace:

• SRC Member

Just read your sea cuke incident from another forum. So sad to hear that happened to your tank, hope the rest of the LS would be fine after WC, all the best to you. :)

Why not consider to standby a pkt of salt for emergency used :peace:

I got a tub of tropic marin but did not stand by enough water for the water change. I dun mix with dirct water from the tap, tat's why :unsure:

• SRC Member

nudis are quite pretty what. especially the brightly colored ones. hey i dont know if this is true but this is what i learnt in marine bio class. nudi are defenseless. they will use the defense systems of what they eat. say they eat sea urchin, then they will grow spines. if they eat anemone, they will develope stings. Something like that lar... I listen to the lecturer talk... in my heart i thinking.. you this kinda marine scientist, compared to us reefers who day and night look at our wet pets.. sometimes to the extent cannot eat cannot sleep, you sure u not talking rubbish or not. ahahha! so anybody has an experience with a mutating nudi?

---------------------------------------------

The Deep Blue Sea in My HDB!

http://myfishyroomates.blogspot.com

• SRC Member
oic, installed DI unit? I have been thinking of this recently. ;)

I think no DI unit for me. I'm using tap water which i will leave it over abt 3-5 days before I mix it with salt. So far no diatoms,algae bloom or any other problem. Think I'm jus "HENG"

Ok. Got back from work at 7pm. Make a check with my corals and fish stock. Pick up a few dead fish and NO CASUALTY OF CORALS. :look: start immediately the back breaking tasks of draining out the contaminated water from the tank and replaced it with 8 jerry cans of SW. Corals look happier now. Hard leson learnt- NO SEA CUKES from now ON :evil:

• SRC Member
nudis are quite pretty what. especially the brightly colored ones. hey i dont know if this is true but this is what i learnt in marine bio class. nudi are defenseless. they will use the defense systems of what they eat. say they eat sea urchin, then they will grow spines. if they eat anemone, they will develope stings. Something like that lar... I listen to the lecturer talk... in my heart i thinking.. you this kinda marine scientist, compared to us reefers who day and night look at our wet pets.. sometimes to the extent cannot eat cannot sleep, you sure u not talking rubbish or not. ahahha! so anybody has an experience with a mutating nudi?

hahahaha :lol: none of them eat urchins! :P

Most nudibranchs like the Chromodoris genus taste very horrible and they let other organisms know it by being very very brightly colored. Their flesh contains many disgusting compounds that they 1: synthesise themselves 2: accumulate from corals like soft corals that taste nasty or sea squirts which also taste bad.

Some nudibranchs esp the Aeolid genus (the spiky spiky looking nudis like the green one at the right of this page: http://seaslugforum.net ) feed on anemones and they store the stinging cells they consume in the hairy tentacles on their back as an additional defense mechanism.

but they never grow spines!

• SRC Member

Wow! bro hongqixian, thank you for providing us a great side for nudi collectors. Very comprehensive and infomative forum. :blink:

hi, John, maybe you can share with your lecturer, nudi never grow spines! :lol::lol:

But I do heard about they change their colour depend of what the eat.... :ph34r::ph34r:

• SRC Member

I think no DI unit for me. I'm using tap water which i will leave it over abt 3-5 days before I mix it with salt. So far no diatoms,algae bloom or any other problem. Think I'm jus "HENG"

Ok. Got back from work at 7pm. Make a check with my corals and fish stock. Pick up a few dead fish and NO CASUALTY OF CORALS. :look: start immediately the back breaking tasks of draining out the contaminated water from the tank and replaced it with 8 jerry cans of SW. Corals look happier now. Hard leson learnt- NO SEA CUKES from now ON :evil:

Hahah, FOC also dun want huh? am thinking to swop with sand shifter :rolleyes:

Update us about your tank progress after extreme WC ya, all the Best :peace:

• SRC Member
Hey sis, ever heard of sundial snail? Try to keep a look out for this creep also. :angry:

Hi Ariq10,

Just now you have told me one website to refer for this snail, ... Care to share it here? Getting old liao, thus, memory faded ler :(:sick:

Dun forget to call me next Tues, will bring along the frag to you. :phone:

• SRC Member
Yo, cjh

your tank got free space to adopt nudi huh?? :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

btw the psychelic mandarinfish eat brown flatworms(is brown flatworm a nudis?)

sundial eat zoos(be it singapore zoo or australia zoo :upsidedown: ) the shells are conical but appear discoidal...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general...ral_pagesid=362

post-69-1162644669.jpg

• SRC Member

Another great website, explaination ###### pic. All reefer should visit this web.!! :yeah: Thanks a lot, bro cjh :lol:

I do see some strange snail moving ard in my tank (sundial?? Not sure ler :P ) Still stupidly tot that they help to consume algea :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::blink:

Sigh, will remove it if "meet" them again. Anybody want to collect the shell for little boy/girl? :erm:

:lol::lol::lol:

btw the psychelic mandarinfish eat brown flatworms(is brown flatworm a nudis?)

sundial eat zoos(be it singapore zoo or australia zoo :upsidedown: ) the shells are conical but appear discoidal...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general...ral_pagesid=362

Wow ,I think I have hundreds of them in my tank.

Better start removing them

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016