rapalla

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

RC helicoptor are more difficult to control then planes....

and for nitro, there are only two locations in singapore where u can fly them...battery powered ones have no restriction

hsloo: those are called fireflies...you can actually configure the plane to your own liking to fly in open air or enclosed places like at home or in the carparks by using different motors and remote controls

• SRC Member

hello

ive been learning to fly electric microheli (Trex 450XL CDE)

you can check out www.daddyhobby.com (local forum on RC flying stuff)

there you can find more shops listing + Sponsors’s estore

• SRC Member
Rotor is quite a huge RC shop btw .. somewhere near Reborn too  :eyebrow:

The address of Rotor is Blk 808 French Road Level 2. (Lavendar). Come out of lift, right hand side, walk straight.

Can go check this shop out, they have all sorts of RC from heli, aeroplane, kite to cars.

• SRC Member

Get the Lama V3. Looks good for beginner. Selling at Rotor, less than $250 with everything including radio, heli, battery and charger. From experience, heli is kinda hard to get going but the Lama V3 has some advantage compare to other micro heli. Seen it fly a few days ago at Rotor. The one I used before was another model and was really tricky to get it to hover.

For safety reason, do not fly when there's kids around or when there is a strong wind. These micro heli is suitable to fly indoor but if the blade hits any of your furniture, confirm your furniture will have very ugly scratches.

• SRC Member

yea .. suitable places to fly lama and other similar sized heli will be multipurpose hall or multistory carpark .. coz they cant really take the wind in outdoor flight.

RC Heli is challenging, true.. anyone here who has the patient (and spare $$$) to maintain marine tank, i dont see why they cant fly heli... but be prepared to spend on replacement parts .. coz they crash often (common for 1st timer)

• SRC Member

crap, my $20 rc airplane crashed and broke its wings. i think i will get another one from carrefour. maybe something lighter and smaller. i saw quite a few models of battery powered rc toys like airplanes and helicopters and hovercrafts.

• SRC Member

CKS,

Cool, see that you still have your training wheels on.

Is that a T-rex ?

:lol: I was in & out of the hobby fast.... (T-rex CCPM w/ optic 6)

Just couldn't sustain it. ($$$)

I still have a IFO (R/C kite) at home which is

more like a static display nowadays....

(filght time less than 5hrs....)

Have fun guys !!!

(to newbies - think hard b4 buying. VERY EXPENSIVE)

• SRC Member

Yep, its a Trex 450XL CDE, i got it 1.5 months ago

Should be able to take out training gear by end of next week!

Its just as expensive as most ppl's reeftank here!! maybe even cheaper!!

u wanna sell ur IFO?

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this interesting thread. Im also a newbie to RC flying..Just bought a small battery powered helicopter 1 month ago. Still mastering to fly though. Sent to the shop very repair almost every week from crashes. Haha. expensive hobby but just as addicitve.

Hey Ervine, I was adviced by a shop owner that the honey bee is more unstable. Not too sure. Almost bought that though cause it looks good. Ended up with a Hughes 300 :)

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member
Saw this interesting thread. Im also a newbie to RC flying..Just bought a small battery powered helicopter 1 month ago. Still mastering to fly though. Sent to the shop very repair almost every week from crashes. Haha. expensive hobby but just as addicitve.

Hey Ervine, I was adviced by a shop owner that the honey bee is more unstable. Not too sure. Almost bought that though cause it looks good. Ended up with a Hughes 300 :)

Ooo how much u spent on the Hughes basic kit and where u get it from? and why that over the honey bee?

http://www.skyhobbies.com.sg/Dynam_heli.htm

There's another one called the phoenix FP too... same price some more but not sure what does "ARF version" mean..