My SPS tank

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

now AT has to have another open house! :lol::lol:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

Stunning Tank AT... what lamps are you using on that out of interest ?

G'day Natalie!

I am using 2 x 400w Ushio Blue (on Blueline E-ballast) and 2 x 400w Iwasaki.

I got the Blueline eballast to overdrive my old Radium bulbs but I think that shortens my bulb usable lifespan by quite a bit and therefore not entirely economical long term. I love the white with blue tinged colour though!

• SRC Member

your tank.. *wipes drool off* is like a bloody picture which seems like it's taken ages to draw. *wipes drool off again* the colours are marvellous and the scaping is just fantastic. i dare bet my last buck that anyone in this forum would pay maybe $2, to see your tank upclose. at least i know i would. *wipes somemore drool off* i am in awe.

• SRC Member

u want 1300 ppl in your house?! wooo... i tell u the queue to view your tank will be snaking down the stairs and to the void deck!

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

u want 1300 ppl in your house?! wooo... i tell u the queue to view your tank will be snaking down the stairs and to the void deck!

No need. Just transfer the whole tank to Aquarama and put in an enclosed area.

"Step right up folks..just behind de curtain, see de most beautiful creatures mother nature had given to us. Only $2." (LOL like freak show-no offence)

:lol::lol::P:upsidedown::whistle

u just have to read the very first post... its written there.... :rolleyes:

Umm, it didn't say what lamps he is using, it only says he has 1600W of MH... :angel:

Looking great AT... I'll try and grab some shots of the Aussie tanks. My customers should have a few.

G'day Natalie!

I am using 2 x 400w Ushio Blue (on Blueline E-ballast) and 2 x 400w Iwasaki.

I got the Blueline eballast to overdrive my old Radium bulbs but I think that shortens my bulb usable lifespan by quite a bit and therefore not entirely economical long term. I love the white with blue tinged colour though!

Thought about giving the 50000K Iwasaki a try instead of the USHIO Blues ? Won't need to overdrive it then.

The Iwasaki 50k only comes in 150w if I am not wrong... are you able to get 400w 50k down under?

The blueline e-ballast only overdrives the Radium bulb as it is actually a 360w lamp. I think the Ushio Blue is driven closer to spec with the 400w so it should last a bit longer.

I do miss the whiter look of the Radiums though. :)

Guys... guess what... I took out my Ikelite underwater camera housing and decided to take some never-before-attempted-by-me INSIDE the tank shots! ;)

This is takes away the restriction I had before in the past from shooting extreme left-to-right and right-to-left (as my tank is an in-wall concept, viewable only from the front). This underwater shots have also enabled to me to get much closer shots of my corals!

Here's a view of my right end... :eyebrow:

post-22-1066580958.jpg