My SPS tank

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Hi AT,

Saw Rainbow's one... nothing compares to yours... Really want to see yours at the open hse... but may not be able to make it on the 27th... any other future dates? :nc:

• 3 weeks later...

My sump is just a simple tank with only carbon and rowaphos bags inside. No partitions for filter floss or sand. Nothing to show.

Most people express surprise at my sump... but my sump is what its suppose to be.. just a water catchment area for my pumps.

I go everywhere in SG.... u have to really move around... the right time, the right place, the right luck and you'll find the specimens you want.

I get my SPS from a few sources over the past year and half... Paradise Reef, Reef World, New Trio, Ocean Planet... too many to name... like I said... sometimes there is a drought and nothing for months but when they come in... you better hope you have a lot of money on standby to snap them all up! ;)

Anyway, I suggest you put more money into your tank setup in preparation for SPS... it's not cheap to keep them well.

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm.... just taking a look at the first photo on the first page posted three months ago.... I can see major changes already! :)

Some of my corals have coloured up a lot more... and my staghorns have really grown alot! :yeah:

Now, if only someone would lend me a Canon G2 camera or come to my place for to help me snap a few! ;) (I no longer have possession of my G2).

Today Bawater saw my tank again after more than a year and I don't know how he can remember how my old LPS tank looks like, but he did! :lol:

AT

:lol: I really like your tank, boss!!!

Its really nice, and to top it off, the interior design in your living room is done in such a way on ecan just sit there whole day, listen to stereo and stare at the tank....for pple who are going to do a tank like that with all the equipment hidden behind(like dersuz's tank) really got to check it out.

Superb job on the reef tank!!! :lol::lol:

When is the next open house?Must see.

Regards

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Open house.... hmmm.... actually, if you guys want to drop in anytime... just buzz me a day before. ;)

I'm working from home now... so no prob!

AT

Nope. I quit my job recently. Been there 4 years. Going no where, time to move on or attract flies. :lol:

Doing some project work now in the meantime while in between jobs. If it does well... maybe I'll pursue it fulltime... kinda like Alvy... hahaha!!!

I am still going to ask my fren to dropby to see your setup, he has similar ideas. But must see the gurus' one, better than me discribing to him all the time....remember I mentioned to you...zephryos :lol::lol: