• SRC Member
Can see u put in lot of effort n $ in this hobby,

but by looking at yr equipment n the rate of

yr bio-loading n the nos. of fishes in a 4x2x2,

its a time bomb in creation.

No doubt is already 6 mths, most crushes happen

ard 9 to 12 mths. Lots of effort needed to control the

parameter n nitrate level.

Don't worry. My tank is 2 years old and not 6 months. It is in the last 6 months that I added SPS.

My bio-load is at its optimum after adjustments in the last 2 years. I have tried with too many fish and learnt the lesson. After much trials, the present is the optimum and parameters are very contant. My nitrate used to be around 10-15 for a long time until I stirred up my DBS to remove my tank for changing the foam. After that, the nitrate went up as only the sump DSB still functioning. When my DSB(main tank) slowly kick in, it will bring nitrate down.

Anyway, I do not believe in maintaining nitrate at 0 cause some of my tank's inhabitant will do well with some nitrate consumption.

In terms of equipment, I don't try to buy expensive equipment or overdo things, just enough. My motto is equilibrium. The only thin I am presently comtemplating to add is a calcium reactor. Some people have doubts about the Prizm but I it works fine for me cause it is just one of the few nitrient export methods I have for my tank. My skimmate quality is good and regular and it skims out as much as a schuren that I tried at one time, when I was considering changing it. :)

Thanks for your concern.

Sinner,

The industrial foamis light blue in colour and about 1 inch thick. I don't know where to get it as my dad got is for me.

I think (marine) therefore I am

Your tank alone looks very much like mine...deja vu...

Especially the black stand...it has the same patterns on the side as my tank....

Not to mention the black acrylic hiding the eyesore base of the tank...I have that too..... :blink::D

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
A month later, I discovered my supporting foam thinning to a dangerous level and did a rescue. I dismantled everything, lifted up the tank and put in 2 pieces of foam. In the process more fish died. One week later, I discovered the foam is of poor quality and the tank tilted. Another emergency operation took place and this time I used industrial foam to be super safe.

How come my name was not mentioned at all?? :cry2:

Nevermind, give u a chance to redeam yourself, a big ang pao for me when u drink my tea on 25 Nov! B)

• SRC Member

Marinereef,

Put it in a high current area. Put a little prawn juice near the sun coral. Wait patiently for 5-10 mins. Then, you'll see it slowly opening. Use a sringe and target feed it with Mysis or BS. You can literally see the polyps catching the food and closing. After 1-2 mins, it will open again for more food.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• 2 months later...