World's Smallest Skimmer!

Nope have not seen it... you can also look at Tunze Nano Skimmer :D

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Thanks jervismun for the info!

How much is price of Tunze? Is it a hang-on? Are you using it?

retail at 199 in reef depot.

hang inside tank

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Hehe it's a Tunze... :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Worlds smallest skimmer is the $8 air stone kind you find in most LFS :P

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member
bro brittlestars ,

if u got order the Current USA Fission Nano-Skimmer, please pm me. tot will order 1 also for my 1ft nano. thanks!

I have emailed 2 USA retailers about shipping to Singapore. Will post shipping charges here when they reply.

• SRC Member

Most of the ppl in US bought the Fission skimmer to be used in their Nano Cube or Aquapod, but seems to have lots of complaint. Pls read up in the other Nano forum before purchasing. Though not expensive, but pls check if it meets your need first.

If you are not using those Nano cube with canopy cover, there are lots of other skimmer that will suit your needs.

• SRC Member
If you are not using those Nano cube with canopy cover, there are lots of other skimmer that will suit your needs.

Thanks chrisyew for the info. I'm still checking out on user's feedback.

Actually, my nano tank (plan) does not have a cover. What mini-skimmer do you suggest? I'm planning something less than 20 gallons.

Thanks in advance chrisyew! :D

For nano tank 2ft, which protein skimmer is the least noisy...price is not a problem. :thanks:

I like that attitude... "money not an issue"... in reefing that is important because too many of us hoping to find "cheap and good" products... as if the manufacturer dunno how to price their products :lol:

Ok IMO, Tunze skimmers are very quiet... almost no sound at all except from the bubbles. They manage to have

1) A housing to reduce noise

2) Tunze makes superior pumps

But the Aqua Medic Turboflotor I am using is much more powerful/noisier because

1) It comes with a much more powerful pump PH2500 with needlewheel (so air intake also create extra noise)

2) Much much bigger (around 2ft tall)

There are other good brands out there such as Deltec. Have not tried them personally, but they are legendary also when it comes to protein skimmers.

Just bear in mind, protein skimmer is the most important piece of equipment and it's ok to splurge on it :lol: Also, always buy a skimmer that is 1 size larger than your tank capacity.

You can check pricing at Reefdepot and eAquanature before going down to their showroom. If you interested in Aqua Medic, can drop by Aqua Mart (Jalan Besar), look for Cheng Hock and can also mention my name... who knows, he may give you freebies or something.

• SRC Member

Thanks chrisyew for the info. I'm still checking out on user's feedback.

Actually, my nano tank (plan) does not have a cover. What mini-skimmer do you suggest? I'm planning something less than 20 gallons.

Thanks in advance chrisyew! :D

If it does not have a cover and about 20 gallon, maybe it's like a 2ft tank. If price is not an issue, then you may go for that Nano Tunze as suggested. Also it depends on whether you are having a sump below for the skimmer or not. Some skimmer required you to put the powerhead in the tank so if you do not have a sump, it may even takes up space in your tank and also heating up the water. Most power rating are quite high too.

So all depends on your setup first before you can choose a skimmer to suit.

For nano tank 2ft, which protein skimmer is the least noisy...price is not a problem. :thanks:

deltec mce 600 ( at least 8mm to 10mm for glass thickness as the unit is quite big)

aquamedic biostar flotor

tunze 9002

redsea prizm. (can be a bit noisy)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Just purchase Deltec MCE600 from reefdepot...

An Aquabee patented pump and only 9 watt .

According to seet(reef depot) used to be 14 watt...

Anyway it is a sleek looking skimmer , I like them.

Preformance many reviews said excellent ,

personally cannot comment yet just 3 days been fired! :D

noise level ...no noise except fot the hissing sound from the air tube (neglible.)

Just purchase Deltec MCE600 from reefdepot...

An Aquabee patented pump and only 9 watt .

According to seet(reef depot) used to be 14 watt...

Anyway it is a sleek looking skimmer , I like them.

Preformance many reviews said excellent ,

personally cannot comment yet just 3 days been fired! :D

noise level ...no noise except fot the hissing sound from the air tube (neglible.)

Yeah I read pretty good review on this product. Perfect for a tank no larger than 2ft (although they claim more)... I might get one too once my tank is fully loaded. I like the extra compartment for putting Rowaphos, etc. too :lol:

It's a neat package, well put together. I've seen the prouct before, it looks very high-quality to me (trust me... I've seen quality stuff). So, if you can spare $600.00, this is a nice piece of equipment to own :lol:

The only thing is... the skimmer collection cup is a little tiny IMO, so must clean at least once every few days... when u go for long holiday, go very DRY skimming.

i sorry to say this....but if u r going to spend $600 on this skimmer(i do admit its a superb skimmer)y dun u spend the money on maybe a cabinet n sump a get a cheaper skimmer(bigger ones la) that offers the same results or maybe even better...imo i think that will allow u to get more 4 wat u pay for...

• SRC Member

Thanks all you reefer bros for the feedbacks...Henry said he will be bring in some Skimmers specially for Nano...wanna see what he has before purchasing...

Don't really like the idea of sump. I'm intending to have a bigger build in tank with full height cabinet. So, trying to see if it is possible without sump...having sump means high humidity within the cabinet...which means fungus and other bacteria growth in the cabinet and it should smell pretty bad...not sure if this hypothesis is true... :eyebrow: Still brainstorming for the overall design.

• SRC Member
Thanks all you reefer bros for the feedbacks...Henry said he will be bring in some Skimmers specially for Nano...wanna see what he has before purchasing...

Don't really like the idea of sump. I'm intending to have a bigger build in tank with full height cabinet. So, trying to see if it is possible without sump...having sump means high humidity within the cabinet...which means fungus and other bacteria growth in the cabinet and it should smell pretty bad...not sure if this hypothesis is true... :eyebrow: Still brainstorming for the overall design.

It also depends on the size of your nano tank. The customised cabinet is not cheap either.

Emm... a bit skeptical about "Henry's nano skimmer"... remember there's only a few good brands out there that can really make good protein skimmers. IMO smaller skimmers are harder to design than larger ones, so a good Nano skimmer is not as easy as shrinking the design but a balance of a lot of components.

All the 3 brands I am familiar with introduced Nano models and all been tested by reefers here:

1. Aqua Medic Biostar Flotor (comes with a dry/wet biological filter too)

2. Tunze Nano

3. Deltec MCE600 (althought a bit overpower to consider a Nano, lol)

Also, a very important component of skimmer design is the pump/powerhead.

1. Using Aqua Medic PH2000

2. Using Tunze

3. Using Aqua Bee

IMO, all the aboves are superior pumps. Other brands... do treat with caution.

Do treat other less known manufacturers with more caution... some of the Nano skimmers from US website... one look at it, you know it will never work... if it isnt very convincing at the point of purchase... most probably it will never do a good job.

Jervis