is tioman or langkawi better for snorke

andysho

• SRC Member

Tioman and Langkawi about the same since you are just snorkling, but Tioman is nearer, rather than Langkawi where I went there once by plane.

Note that there isn't any snorkling places in Langkawi, you need to take boat to other islands. This is cost already, remember the hotel wanted to charge RM200+ per person to take you out. If you swim in Langkawi, my advise is that you better don't, as your body will be sticked with algae. I stayed in Berjaya where the seawater is too still.

Tioman is an island already, you can snorkle there already eventhough you are seeing dead coral. While I wasn't a diver yet, I follow some Tioman tour group, staying in those economy inn (not the japanese hotel). Fun, the group brought us to another island for snorkling. Water is about 3 to 4M.. but you are seeing lots of coral already....

Take my advise.. go Tioman, take those tour package that include taking you to another island. I remember seeing sea turtle and dolphin during the boat ride to snorkling.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

Bali is good for surfing and babe watching but not sure about snorkling. Anyway, now not a good time to go. I think it is the monsoon session. Should go in June. Babes from Australia go there to hide from winter and 'enjoy' the sun. I mean really ENJOY the sun. :eyebrow:

Phuket got good seafood. Want to see coral must go to another island.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member
pls advise

tks ;)

Langkawi. :idea: 1hr10mins. flight. Go for the hut type chalet at Pantai Chenang. Nice beach/sand. Walk along the beach n choose which hut to stay. :eyebrow: Price differs. No diving cert.? This place is near to The Underwater World. ;):P For snorkelling u need to pay extra $200+ l think.

Bevor Sie das Licht sehen, müssen Sie sterben!

• SRC Member

bali snorkelling is not that fantastic.. charged US$55 for a boat and snorkelling gears, nvr even advised that visibility was poor and water too choppy to snorkel... anyway not much to see...

phuket, take a boat ride to coral island and snorkelling is fantastic.. better yet phi phi island... the best!!! loved the beach and snorkelling down there.... was literally kicking damsels and parrot fishes and tangs when threading.. hehehe... at late afternoon can walk at phi phi don's coral reef --> low tide and you can stroll in kilometers of coral reefs surfacing....

• SRC Member
I say Redang!! cuz resort (redang bay) stay package already includes snorkelling equipment plus twice a day snorkelling trips, plus you jump in the water near beach can see lots of fishes liao!

how's the water like in redang? nvr been there but hearing from friends its quite nice

• SRC Member

redang is great! but it's the travel that could get you bro. must

prepare several days so you don;t rush and can have time to

relax :snore:

1. Via-Aqua MultiSkimmer - $25.00

2. DIY Kalk Reactor - $25.00

3. Atman Protein Skimmer - $25.00

PM Me if interested.

Went Langkawi a few years back...remember picking up a black sea cucumber while waddling in the sea..after which I stepped on some darn barnacles...and upon reaching the shore...I felt something tugging below my feet...looked below my feet..and saw my skin hanging...then blood started to ooze..and the pain....wonder why I did'nt feel anything in seawater..

Lesson learnt..never walk barefoot in the sea. :D

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

true true barnicles cut u like hot knife through butter,

super irritating if kana foot or hands,

tioman : must go coral island nice place but look out for the monitor lizards, they take yr lunch

but now not so good moonsoon season might not be sunny at all and the viz also drop during this time

bali : great place to drink cheap beer, check out the chicks :heh: , learn surfing, shop for surf stuff but comparatively a more expensive