Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

could it be due to the breaking in stage? read somewhere and was told that these brown stuff would grow in ya tank for the first few weeks or so.. then they should go off le..

good idea to start running ya FR.. :)

Anyway.. my bubbles still look sickly after 2 days :( keeping my fingers crossed and moved it to a spot where it will not get too much flow.. shall not move it again till things get better..

and also.. i'm TntR2 not TnTR2! :lol::lol::lol::peace:

• Moderators

Yes, Sally lightfoot will eat them and your coralline algae as well.

Once they run out of food, your fishes will be next.... :evil:

I have this experience myself. Unless you can catch them after they finish the "job" which is quite tought as they are very speedy...

Give me a call when you are around town. Skimmer still in my car.

Cheers!!!

Tom

could it be due to the breaking in stage? read somewhere and was told that these brown stuff would grow in ya tank for the first few weeks or so.. then they should go off le..

Yeah I read from somewhere too and I am facing this problem (not full bloom) now and then... almost new tanks will experience that I think (or at least what I told myself to feel better)... probably some algae blenny will do the job fine :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hmmm. algae blennies wil work? cos i have in my mind that they eat grassy grassy like algae only... no idea if they will really eat this... cant remember wat else consumes diatoms... forgot..

hmmm. algae blennies wil work? cos i have in my mind that they eat grassy grassy like algae only... no idea if they will really eat this... cant remember wat else consumes diatoms... forgot..

Hehe grassy grassy type will come pretty soon :lol::lol::lol: Oh you can throw in 2 Sand Sifting Stars... they are very hardworking and help stir the sandbed... love em.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• Moderators

I have some success with Rainford's Goby on diatom.

For sand shifting, if you don't like starfish coz something they just happily "disintegrate" by themselves. Can try the twinspot goby. Very active and good if your sand bed izit too deep. Good thing is they will help to clear the food at the bottom. Probably want to add 1 or 2 Brittle star to further help clean up the food from sand bed.

Tom

Bro your connection tube to your FR is "disaster-waiting-to-happen"... you wanna apply some silicon around it?... just in case... just to be sure :)

And your DIY skill on the lights can go commercial already lor... next time we partner ok? I open fish shop... you can introduce in-house product... emm... kinda sound familiar isn't it? :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member
Bro your connection tube to your FR is "disaster-waiting-to-happen"... you wanna apply some silicon around it?... just in case... just to be sure :)

And your DIY skill on the lights can go commercial already lor... next time we partner ok? I open fish shop... you can introduce in-house product... emm... kinda sound familiar isn't it? :lol::lol::lol:

haha,bro jervismun count me in,i will be the cashier :lol:

Btw,i think metal clips will be a better choice than silicon so as it will be easy to change the pipes or etc...just my 2 cents :P

• SRC Member

took out all my LR today to catch the monstrous black velvet out. placed back all my LR, did it in quite a hurry, and the end effect? quite disastrous.

looks like the after effect of an earthquake.. haiz.

post-34-1149698524.jpg

• SRC Member

living room view:

cant really decide why this scape looks sooo bad. comments?

definitely need to shift my bubbles upwards. the bottom part not opening, cos being blocked by the upper polyps...

post-34-1149698819.jpg