Colin's refurbished Partition Tank

colinsoon

• SRC Member

the suspended things in the water. no idea if its microbubbles or dirt. cant determine which is which. also, the detritus on the top of the water cant reach the overflow box, cos of the 2 seios, pushing water away from the box. and the particles juz float right to the seios, and get pushed back into the center. particles hardly get to clear up. any suggestions to counter that? i am tryin to keep the seios to the current side of the tank, cos i dun wan it to clutter up the opposite end.. very ugly...

post-34-1149699167.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro... your scaping does sucks :heh::heh::heh: haha... just like me when I tried to rescape my tank... in the end trying to hard... you have too many small pieces... so you end up playing Lego building the Great Wall of China :lol::lol::lol: I'm sure you know what to do next :)

Actually you are putting lots of pressure on yourself... for a new tank like yours... you shouldn't introduce injured corals into your tank... coz it can be quite demotivating (most of the time) seeing corals die in your tank... remember my Red Prata? I was so stressed at that time... :unsure:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
Bro... your scaping does sucks :heh::heh::heh: haha... just like me when I tried to rescape my tank... in the end trying to hard... you have too many small pieces... so you end up playing Lego building the Great Wall of China :lol::lol::lol: I'm sure you know what to do next :)

Actually you are putting lots of pressure on yourself... for a new tank like yours... you shouldn't introduce injured corals into your tank... coz it can be quite demotivating (most of the time) seeing corals die in your tank... remember my Red Prata? I was so stressed at that time... :unsure:

Bro Colin, you can always find us to "Coral sit" LOL :lol:

• SRC Member

i am not exactly de-motivated. cos my old cyna? was introduced into my tank when its around 2 months old. water parameters for this tank i would say is much better than my old tank at 2 months old.

think i will let water settle down a bit, figure out wat to do to the wave makers first, then do a rescape. dun wana keep doing it. will break my back if i do.. haha.. i got a lousy back...

• SRC Member

U saw my T5 link? I'm using electrical trunking.

Then the ballast can all hide inside.

But hoh ..... Your aluminum bar looks damn

sleek man ! Maybe U wanna try getting a hollow

version of it & can re-mod the lights. The exposed

ballast not very nice or safe leh.

I think your scaping ok leh.

Just that no cave lah. I dunno why, I

just love to see caves in tanks. :upsidedown:

Quite alright mah the scaping, seems like many holes for the fishes.

Hehe... sorry if I over-dramatized the situation with the word "sucks"... but guys I sorta know bro Colinsoon for a while so it's more like a joke lah... you think the LR from bro Qx still available? Coz I've seen them (3 weeks ago) and they look like high quality LR to me :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hahah bro jervis, no worries. i know you dun really like me, so watever i do oso not nice... :P:P:P anyway i am quite happy that i din get the LR from bro QX, cos at the rate the diatoms bloom in my tank, any coraline left on the LR would have been suffocated by the diatoms already...

bro maxstar81: i love caves too, but my previous scaping, din really allow me to put much corals on it, except for those with flat bases, or i need to use epoxy, which i really dun wan to.. haven had time to figure out wat to do also. cos got 2 pieces of damn big LR i die die wana put on top, so very hard to scape...

the aluminium bar hor, i got it last min, no proper planning done on it. haha.. wanted to use electrical trunking also, but could not find it at the 3 hardware shops below my house. so no choice.. but the aluminium bar, quite cool looking... i was thinkin of actually stripping down the ballast, den putting it INSIDE the bar.. but cos was rushing for time when i did it, so din really do it.. and aliminium bars sooo hard to cut with only a hacksaw.. ha..

oh, did a test yesterday. 0.05ppm on salifert NO2 test kit, is it ok? i juz cant get it down to zero... hmm.

hahah bro jervis, no worries. i know you dun really like me, so watever i do oso not nice... :P:P:P

:cry::cry::cry::cry2:

• SRC Member

today is a sad day... my tiny BT that has grown quite a bit, decided to take the plunge down to my sump tank. din manage to make it all the way, got caught by the filter wool. haiz. a minute's silence for my dearest pal of 3 months...

post-34-1149862956.jpg

• SRC Member

ok, i confess, i got myself another BT, bigger one this time, a skunk clown, and 2 more cleaner shrimps.

the amount of algae bloom in my tank is getting out of control. running wild all over the place, my rocks, my glass, my overflow box.. is it supposed to be like that? i mean, the new tank syndrome.. its getting quite upsetting..

Bro so sad to see the TBT... 3 months already... so we bought our TBT around the same time... perhaps you need to do something about your overflow box coz if BT can get in... a lot of other fishes also can :unsure:

Algae bloom is normal... what's your PO4 level? And what r u using to control it? I know you running a FR now, but what's the content? Coz I tried the Aquapharm SORB-4 with quite good results :)

Don't worry bro... they will go away... eventually <_<

• SRC Member

media inside the FR is rowa, from the previous owner he said he ran it for bout 1 month only, so meaning to say got 2 more months of lifespan in it.. hopefully he din remember the length of time wrongly... i dunno wats my phos level, no money to go get phos kit.. anyone with phos kit i can borrow???

• SRC Member
only good thing of the day: my percs are almost paired. goes everywhere together. so loving... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Bro sorry to hear of the dismiss of ur BT. My BT also died in the same way as urs jus a few days ago. :cry2:

Wanna asked u, does ur clowns fight when all 3 are intro to the tank?

And nice set up u got there. Keep the pic rolling in :evil:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

Em... with this kinda bloom... PO4 definitely above 0.03 one... perhaps you wanna consider investing in another "stocking bag" of PO4 control media just in case the seller sorta remembered wrongly :(

But again, algae bloom is common in new tanks... so just let it happen but you must be careful with some corals for example, your Bubble must not allow algae to grow on its skeleton... or else... gone liao :o

• SRC Member
Em... with this kinda bloom... PO4 definitely above 0.03 one... perhaps you wanna consider investing in another "stocking bag" of PO4 control media just in case the seller sorta remembered wrongly :(

But again, algae bloom is common in new tanks... so just let it happen but you must be careful with some corals for example, your Bubble must not allow algae to grow on its skeleton... or else... gone liao :o

Ya agreed with u bro... I only took some action when Diatoms starts to hunt some corners of my tank. I intro Aqualight(phosphste remover) and to certain extain, did helps stop diatom attack :evil: Phew....

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

today is a sad day... my tiny BT that has grown quite a bit, decided to take the plunge down to my sump tank. din manage to make it all the way, got caught by the filter wool. haiz. a minute's silence for my dearest pal of 3 months...

alamak!!! so sorry for ya loss man..

*a minute silence*

• SRC Member

to bro fishtalk:

the percs din really fight, cos they are like almost paired up. there was already a occe clown pair in the tank, and after the intro of the percs, the bigger of the occe pair attached itself to the perc pair... haha..

Hehe... you have plenty of room for Zoos too... I am trying to make my Zoos grow all over my LR... you think that's a nice idea?

Yeah I believe all his fishies about the same size... unless he wanna try Big Mama :lol::lol::lol: